Watched any new movies? *Please use spoiler tags*

Rajiv

I just saw Sucker Punch... :blink: :blink: what the eff.... i mean....what the ... i didnt understand this movie...it was like ... what the eff was this movie :idunno:.. it was like a inception, but nothing like inception.... a girl is sent to a girlie psychotic jail by her step father, there is a voice over in the back ground talking about an angel who whispers to you who is not supposed to protect u blah blah...' this girl in the next scene is in a musical brothel.... when she is asked to dance to a song .... she suddenly appears in a high class CGI action scene... ok the CGI action is awesome.... but why such an elaborate action scene? a simple dance wud have been enough... why waste so such money on CGI? And once the action is over... she is supposed to have danced awesomely and erotically while all we can see is her fighting imaginary CGI monstrosities.... If everything was happening in her mind then what does that last scene with the bus driver and the other girl signfy? was that a dream too? :confused: If anyone else has seen this movie then please do tell me what this movie is all about :wall:
I saw 20 mins of the pirated copy and than went, urrgh, eff this :hysterical: Abe, watch X Men - First Class instead. Worth every penny.

Nadunisi Naaigal - tamil movie. Rip off of lot of movies. Mainly Hitchcock's psycho one of my fall time favorite movie. Though the lead has done well you can't help feel storyline is not convincing and realistic. Also this theme is already beaten to death.

Movies watched this week: --------------------------------- Harry Potter - Best movie of the series after the "Goblet of Fire".Exciting to watch. Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara - Above average movie,though the situations seemed contrived .A bit of a yuppy movie if you ask me.Nevertheless,If you liked Dil Chahta Hain, you'll probably like this one too.I liked Luck By Chance by the same director better. Cabaret Balkan - Caught this Bosnian film on cable while flipping channels and was pleasantly surprised.Its an old film but worth a watch for sure.

CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER

Captain America: The First Avenger is an absolute blast. One of the best superhero films I've seen and certainly the best of the films building to Joss Whedon's The Avengers, outpacing Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, and Thor (and leaving the despicable Iron Man 2 in the dust completely). Set during WWII, the film centers on Steve Rogers, played by Chris Evans, a short, 90-pound asthmatic desperate to enlist and serve his country overseas. Due to his physical limitations, he, alas, is refused over and over. He gets his long-sought-after chance, however, after a kindly scientist (Stanley Tucci) sees beyond his stature and notices his other, finer qualities, including courage and selflessness. Steve is selected to be the first man to undergo a new procedure, from which he emerges a tall and muscular super soldier with enhanced agility, endurance, and strength: Captain America. Marvel entrusted this iconic character to director Joe Johnston, whose previous credits include The Rocketeer (one assumes this cult classic is why his name was at or near the top of the list), October Sky, and last year's updated Wolfman. Johnston, along with screenwriters Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely (The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe), has done a terrific job in almost every respect. For one, despite the fact it's the first Marvel release to have the word in the official title, this is much more than a teaser for The Avengers. The need to set up the upcoming ultimate superhero film (or so it hopes) devastated the busy, inert Iron Man 2 and was a slight annoyance in Thor earlier this summer. Constantly cutting away from the primary action to show what S.H.I.E.L.D. is up to, anyone? Thankfully the Clark Gregg-portrayed bad penny known as Agent Coulson is M.I.A. here. What connective tissue there is, such as the inclusion of Iron Man-siring Howard Starke (Dominic Cooper) as a significant supporting character, feels organic. The post-credits footage excepted, this film could comfortably exist in a world where The Avengers wasn't on the horizon. The cast has been well-assembled (Avengers pun partly intended). Chris Evans, handsome, square-jawed, is an ideal choice. He deserves particular praise for his playing of the early scenes. Though the seamless CGI provides a valuable assist, it's ultimately Evans, using only his face, who sells pre-Captain America Steve's sincere longing and utter fragility. The always welcome Tommy Lee Jones provides effectively dry comic relief as the acerbic, all-business Col. Chester Phillips, while the beautiful Hayley Atwell injects legitimate warmth and sass into the role of plucky love interest Peggy Carter. The relationship between she and Captain America is one of the better handled romances in recent superhero-movie memory. All of these movies have a beautiful actress (Liv Tyler, Natalie Portman, and so on and so forth) playing an obligatory love interest, but Evans and Atwell share, gasp, actual chemistry. Their hesitant desires and subtle shows of affection are handled with admirable maturity and sweetness. And as the deformed, power-hungry Nazi Johann Schmidt, a.k.a. the Red Skull, Hugo Weaving is compelling and menacing. A proper villain used well by the film, which wisely teases his ghoulish appearance in early scenes before revealing it in all its grotesque glory at precisely the right moment. A great superhero film is no easy feat. For every X2 or Dark Knight, there are many Jonah Hexs and Green Lanterns. Captain America: The First Avenger, I'm glad to report, lands squarely amongst the cream of the crop. The cast shines, the action is exciting and clearly staged and shot, and the film has a vibrant, nostalgic sense of humor. Marvelous. A+ (9.5/10)

lol don't trust guy. his movie ratings are horrendous
:finger: I rate my movies by comparing to movies of same genre. I compared Captain America movie to all other comic book movies by Marvel and even DC. Captain America is up there with the best movies. Not as good as TDK. But still very very good.

:WTF: I went and watched this because of this post. Horrendous phaggotry. :((
:finger: I rate my movies by comparing to movies of same genre. I compared Captain America movie to all other comic book movies by Marvel and even DC. Captain America is up there with the best movies. Not as good as TDK. But still very very good. If you didn't like that is your opinion. No need to call someone names.

:finger: I rate my movies by comparing to movies of same genre. I compared Captain America movie to all other comic book movies by Marvel and even DC. Captain America is up there with the best movies. Not as good as TDK. But still very very good. If you didn't like that is your opinion. No need to call someone names.
whom did I call names here? :hmmm: As for your comparison criteria: All Hollywood Movies : Marvel Movies http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0299930/ : Captain America

^^Japanese horror is pretty good. Have you seen Ringu which was remade as Ring in Hollywood, Ju-on as the Grudge and Dark Water which was also remade. Also check out Miyazaki's animated movies like Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke and Kurosawa's classics like Seven Samurai and Rashomon.