Watched any new movies? *Please use spoiler tags*

Rajiv

12 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

it has a similar plot but thats about it . It aint a remake, the script was written years before knives out came out.

Remake is casually used words these days , u can do it without taking rights now specially with hollywood films or it can hae huge legal consequence 

In Hollywood too scripts get stuck in development for many years. I don’t think Bollywood is that far sighted.

Anyway you can ripoff, officially remake or even get “inspired” which is usually Bollywood’s excuse.

Also even if the script was written many years before it suddenly gets approval after  a movie with similar theme within a year after Knives out success?

14 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Yea hearing good things about it 

Its pretty decent movie story is pretty simple and predictable. but with clever ideas (like animal/nature dialogues) and good acting. I would definitely recommend for a one time watch 

1 hour ago, rising said:

Its pretty decent movie story is pretty simple and predictable. but with clever ideas (like animal/nature dialogues) and good acting. I would definitely recommend for a one time watch 

its not bad but i felt direction wasnt that great and as a thriller it lacked tension ...the investigation starts slow and it keeps derailing time n again

Actors clearly saved this film

7 hours ago, maniac said:

In Hollywood too scripts get stuck in development for many years. I don’t think Bollywood is that far sighted.

rip off as i said isnt possible anymore ...u have to take official rights like they took with dil bechara .

U can rip off films of smaller industry short films which dont have the resources to get strong legal action like shirish kunder did with nepali short film

Also even if the script was written many years before it suddenly gets approval after  a movie with similar theme within a year after Knives out success?

well there are many good scripts lying for a good producer to buy....this script was swinging between director ....hansal mehta wanted to direct it but honey trehan bagged it. 

U need good producers at end, had amir khan not produced lagaan no other producer wud have had the guts to produce it till date. Also nawaz now has the market to get film on floor as lead which he didnt in 2015 

now with so many OTT there is a lot of demand for content so making new stuff is far easier then in 2015 when this script was written

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

On 7/28/2020 at 1:49 AM, Mariyam said:

Its a movie on maths/a mathematician. There has to be some over the top treatment so that the average Joe can relate to it.

I surely wouldn't want to watch a movie that spends 20mins showing me how Shakuntala Devi used Pythagorus theorem to minimize travel time to work.

If they wanted a treatise on her work, they would have made a documentary and that would have been a niche subject. They want to make it commercially viable. Can't blame them,

There should be something about maths. The whole movie I s written by libs for libs, included checks

- Brahmin patriarchy 

- feminism

- colonial supremacy/racism

- general patriarchy of UCs

- references to Atma nirbhar sarcastically 

- commentary on post- modernism. no roots, no national boundary

- inane stupid lines like J silent javier 

There is no proof or data or citation to attribute the lines Vidya Balan speaks for Shakuntala Devi. Is it a biography or some fictional imagination of the maker

Might as well Call it Savitri Bai or some fictional char.

Horrible movie

6 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

There should be something about maths. The whole movie I s written by libs for libs, included checks

- Brahmin patriarchy 

- feminism

- colonial supremacy/racism

- general patriarchy of UCs

- references to Atma nirbhar sarcastically 

- commentary on post- modernism. no roots, no national boundary

- inane stupid lines like J silent javier 

There is no proof or data or citation to attribute the lines Vidya Balan speaks for Shakuntala Devi. Is it a biography or some fictional imagination of the maker

Might as well Call it Savitri Bai or some fictional char.

Horrible movie

:laugh: @Jimmy Cliff coffee bhai has officially defeated Pratik Borade as the benchmark for sanskari criticism.

Even Pratik has given a positive review of the movie :giggle:

I do agree that there is some amount of politics bias that creeps in from the maker/script writer and that is unavoidable but over all I didn’t see anything wrong with the movie :nervous:

Yes of course it is a hagiography but it is about a positive influencer and it was told in a non-boring format. So I don’t see any complaints. I stopped over dissecting films unless they are totally blatant like some of the Netflix/Anurag Kashyao type movies/shows.

11 minutes ago, maniac said:

:laugh: @Jimmy Cliff coffee bhai has officially defeated Pratik Borade as the benchmark for sanskari criticism.

I do agree that there is some amount of politics bias that creeps in from the maker/script writer and that is unavoidable but over all I didn’t see anything wrong with the movie :nervous:

Yes of course it is a hagiography but it is about a positive influencer and it was told in a non-boring format. So I don’t see any complaints. I stopped over dissecting films unless they are totally blatant like some of the Netflix/Anurag Kashyao type movies/shows.

Forgot to add I stopped watching after 1hr. Need to read citations before accepting even hagiography. It is only about her personal life, choices, conflict with daughter and politics. Vidya Balans confident hamming. Sorry, I can’t see movies like this 

2 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Forgot to add I stopped watching after 1hr. Need to read citations before accepting even hagiography. It is only about her personal life, choices, conflict with daughter and politics. Vidya Balans confident hamming. Sorry, I can’t see movies like this 

I do agree it wasn’t a masterpiece but if you see it as a timepass movie and not like a legit biopic/documentary it’s fine for what it is. Yes someone needs to tell Vidya Balan to tone it down. I am not sure who told her she is a powerful performer. She is a competent actress who is good when she underplays her role, rest of the time she can get very loud.

29 minutes ago, maniac said:

Well they wrecked Mission Mangal with feminist/secular crap so this is not unexpected. Btw did you guys see Harinder Sikka's comments on Raazi? He pretty much agreed with Sanksari critic's take on the movie.

https://twitter.com/sikka_harinder/status/1254453690569617409?s=20

33 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Well they wrecked Mission Mangal with feminist/secular crap so this is not unexpected. Btw did you guys see Harinder Sikka's comments on Raazi? He pretty much agreed with Sanksari critic's take on the movie.

https://twitter.com/sikka_harinder/status/1254453690569617409?s=20

He is the author of the book Sehmat which was made into the movie Raazi

1 hour ago, maniac said:

I don’t have to agree with all his reviews. My views on Newton is exactly opposite 

3 hours ago, maniac said:

I do agree it wasn’t a masterpiece but if you see it as a timepass movie and not like a legit biopic/documentary it’s fine for what it is. Yes someone needs to tell Vidya Balan to tone it down. I am not sure who told her she is a powerful performer. She is a competent actress who is good when she underplays her role, rest of the time she can get very loud.

Agree, the second half focuses only on her personality and mother daughter problems is much better than first half, so my critique was unwarranted as most movies are having such controversial references to make movies look intelligent or some such nonsense  Vidya Balan Is much tolerable in the second half, compared to OTT acting in first

Any reference about infosys interviews based on her book / @coffee_rules   @Jimmy Cliff   @maniac  :hmmm:

Infosys Shakuntala devi interview Puzzles with answers Shankuntaladevi puzzles,puzzles for infosys, Infosys Placement papers -Latest infosys placement papers-New Real infosys placement  papers,mumbai,bengalore,chennai.delhi,pune If you have cleared the infosys aptitude test , you will be interviewed bythe panel of infosys interviewers and they will surely ask you somepuzzzles,

Here is the list of few puzzles you can refer.

1. You are given two candles of equal size, which can burn 1 hour each. You haveto measure 90 minutes with these candles. (There is no scale or clock). Also u rgiven a lighter.

Ans: 1. First light up the two ends of the 1st candle. When it will burn out light upone end of the second candle. (30+60=90)

damn it .. cant even solve the first one

On 8/5/2020 at 7:18 AM, velu said:

Any reference about infosys interviews based on her book / @coffee_rules   @Jimmy Cliff   @maniac  :hmmm:

damn it .. cant even solve the first one

The movie is no biopic, all math is explained with some CGI with numbers moving about, that’s it. The movie is about how daughters perceive their mothers. Complex psychology explained by simple logic. Laughable, but with a sugary ending

On 8/2/2020 at 9:05 AM, maniac said:

Is it like a desi remake of knives out? That’s what it looked like from the trailer 

Not really, premise is similar. But a decent flick. Convoluted 2nd half, but handled well. Could have cut half an hour, the script is dark and good watch , good cinematography