Are you in the right occupation

Rajiv

Re: Are you in the right occupation I don't know where you got that idea about "Racism" in NZ from Gator. NZ has always had mixed culture, coloured people since its inception. "Racism" is not a problem in NZ. Australia is a different kettle of fish though, the aborigins used to be hunted like animals there and the official racism was rampant as recently as 1960s.

Re: Are you in the right occupation

You must have warm summers though. We have hot summers ranging between 18-28 degrees starting Oct to till about March. Rest of the year is fairly cold ranging between 4-12 degrees. More than the low temperature it is the cold southerly wind that really really gets us.
Damn, u are lucky :wtg: beautiful place, beautiful temperatures... my place has -30 Celcius in winter and 35 Celcius in summer, and that too, the dry heat. sux :tired:

I don't know where you got that idea about "Racism" in NZ from Gator. NZ has always had mixed culture, coloured people since its inception. "Racism" is not a problem in NZ. Australia is a different kettle of fish though, the aborigins used to be hunted like animals there and the official racism was rampant as recently as 1960s.
i didnt get the idea, Ravi..... i was jus asking, if there was..... because of its proximity to Austrlia...

I don't know where you got that idea about "Racism" in NZ from Gator. NZ has always had mixed culture, coloured people since its inception. "Racism" is not a problem in NZ. Australia is a different kettle of fish though, the aborigins used to be hunted like animals there and the official racism was rampant as recently as 1960s.
i didnt get the idea, Ravi..... i was jus asking, if there was..... because of its proximity to Austrlia...
There is nothing common between Australia and NZ other than a bit of accent. All you need to do is take one look at domestic cricket teams and count the number of expats in each team. Do similarly for the Aussie doemstics teams too BTW to understand the different set up.

Just like Canada and US

Guest dada_rocks

My latest desire is to sell green vegetables on that hand-driven thela .. I find that specacle so soothing thela loaded with all kind of fresh vegetables roaming around..

My latest desire is to sell green vegetables on that hand-driven thela .. I find that specacle so soothing thela loaded with all kind of fresh vegetables roaming around..
That sight may become a vanishing act so very soon DR. The latest buzzword is vegetable farmers are making it their cash crops, specially with an eye on exports and/or Supermarket culture. The other day I was reading an article by an Indian thinktank which mentioned that Bihari vegetables are the best in the country thanks to the soil. And this is an area that is being looked into from economic perspective. So dont be surprised if things change greatly within a decade or so.

Guest dada_rocks
That sight may become a vanishing act so very soon DR. The latest buzzword is vegetable farmers are making it their cash crops' date=' specially with an eye on exports and/or Supermarket culture. The other day I was reading an article by an Indian thinktank which mentioned that Bihari vegetables are the best in the country thanks to the soil. And this is an area that is being looked into from economic perspective. So dont be surprised if things change greatly within a decade or so.[/quote'] Actually I am supporter of that, farmers are taken for ride in existing economic chain setup.. Contractors decide the price.. Don't worry thela is not going anywhere despite mushrooming reliance fresh u will still find deli street flooded with those hawkers