Its decided , South >> North

Desi Cartman

Its decided , South >> North  

1. 1.

There is nothing to be proud of because you can speak a certain language. What you should know is the language that you use on day to day basis. There is no logic in learning a language that you'll never use. My dad was born in HP and spoke himachali with his family but never asked me to learn it. There was no reason for me to learn it while I was learning hindi and English, and was living in Delhi and UP. I see the same thing in the US, people are ruining Sunday for their kids as they think it's essential for their kids who will never live in India to learn telegu or hindi. My 2 cents
Maybe some plan on going back?

There is nothing to be proud of because you can speak a certain language. What you should know is the language that you use on day to day basis. There is no logic in learning a language that you'll never use. My dad was born in HP and spoke himachali with his family but never asked me to learn it. There was no reason for me to learn it while I was learning hindi and English, and was living in Delhi and UP. I see the same thing in the US, people are ruining Sunday for their kids as they think it's essential for their kids who will never live in India to learn telegu or hindi. My 2 cents
Learning something new never hurts my 2 cents. They can speak with elderly folks and folks back home if they visit.

I won't relax until we achieve independence for Dravidistan/Dravida Nadu/Dravida Desam. I'm a man on a mission.
Sign me up brother…. For centuries now, we have languished under the oppressive regime of the northie crooks and have had to endure their snide remarks and taunts..(‘hey madraasi..’). The time has come now to break the shackles once and for all. REVOLUTION!!! INSURGENCY!!! FREEDOM!! My dear NSA brothers, if your all-consuming worldwide filters have flagged this post for review, please understand that I am speaking purely within the context of India. I love Amreeka, all amreekans and everything amreeka has to offer the world. Regards.

It is called preserving culture,Ask most americans who call themselves Irish-americans or italian-americans and they regret the fact that they are not able to relate totheir origin apart from the tag. India is unique and despite having a same religion or even caste in some cases,the culture is unique depending on where you are from. Language is the closest thing to that unique culture when you are living abroad. Little off-topic but It is sad that even our movies potray a guy who knows Bharatnatyam as a closet gay and someone who can do salsa as a macho cool dude. Once again I don't know about Himachali culture so will not comment but all South Indian states have a rich and unique culture and yes it is a sense of pride to know mother tounge. If my kids know their mother tounge it will help them understand their culture better and these are my 2 cents.

Sign me up brother…. For centuries now, we have languished under the oppressive regime of the northie crooks and have had to endure their snide remarks and taunts..(‘hey madraasi..’). The time has come now to break the shackles once and for all. REVOLUTION!!! INSURGENCY!!! FREEDOM!! My dear NSA brothers, if your all-consuming worldwide filters have flagged this post for review, please understand that I am speaking purely within the context of India. I love Amreeka, all amreekans and everything amreeka has to offer the world. Regards.
Ooh somebody pu**ss**ied out :cantstop:

All Indians are good people apart from some punjabies, they come across as very unhygienic, pot bellies galore and speak a very vulgar sounding tongue, ( like they have pan stuck in their mouth) IMO. All the above traits are very un-Indian.

All Indians are good people apart from some punjabies, they come across as very unhygienic, pot bellies galore and speak a very vulgar sounding tongue, ( like they have pan stuck in their mouth) IMO. All the above traits are very un-Indian.
sabby?:hmmm:

Only because most of my life i lived in the North. I grew up in Ranchi. Then was in Kolkata. Only since my employment have I been in Bangalore. To the extent now I hardly know how to speak Malayalam, let alone teach my bengali wife. However, am extremely fluent in hindi (in fact it is the tongue I speak most in, to my wife, my brother) both speaking and writing. And no one believes I am from Kerala, either by looks or my accent. And if I start speaking hindi then that adds even more to it My malayalam is so broken, that I am a laughing stock when I visit my relatives in Kerala. However I can read it
Hmm so ur not really person to ask I wanted to know how people who live there learn..:two_thumbs_up: Also even I am surprised that you are from South ..always thought u were Bengali or something remember discussion in chat ?:cantstop:

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Indian Punjabis and Pakistani Punjabis are very similar. Just for your general knowledge, Pan/Guthka are more popular in UP/Bihar etc, Punjabis concentrate on drinking only. Saying teri ma di and pen di is part of the culture :hatsoff:

It is called preserving culture,Ask most americans who call themselves Irish-americans or italian-americans and they regret the fact that they are not able to relate totheir origin apart from the tag. India is unique and despite having a same religion or even caste in some cases,the culture is unique depending on where you are from. Language is the closest thing to that unique culture when you are living abroad. Little off-topic but It is sad that even our movies potray a guy who knows Bharatnatyam as a closet gay and someone who can do salsa as a macho cool dude. Once again I don't know about Himachali culture so will not comment but all South Indian states have a rich and unique culture and yes it is a sense of pride to know mother tounge. If my kids know their mother tounge it will help them understand their culture better and these are my 2 cents.
Knowing more languages is always better, Im not debating that. There are some facts: * even if our next generation living overseas learns the desi language, its almost certain that it wont be passed on to the next generation. * Speaking Himachali is of no use unless there is a chance of them moving to HP. * What is culture ? Celebrating some festivals, speaking a language and dressing a certain way , is it ? I am all for children knowing where their parents or grand parents came from and if they feel like then they can enjoy the customs but expecting my kids to live outside India and be Indian and pass on that Indian-ness to their kids is neither practical nor appropriate. All kids should hace a chance to learn about their culture, language etc but there is nothing to be proud of if one child born to Indian parents can speak Tamil and the other cant. Its not that important.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Indian Punjabis and Pakistani Punjabis are very similar. Just for your general knowledge, Pan/Guthka are more popular in UP/Bihar etc, Punjabis concentrate on drinking only. Saying teri ma di and pen di is part of the culture :hatsoff:
YH indian punjabies are similar to pak punjabies, Thankfully I do not belong to either group.