Varun Aaron: Future of Indian pace attack ?

sid316

Guys playing in the Gulf' date=' it is crazy , the heat , I believe players are coping to play in that environment, that might be the biggest reason for the drop in pace, this could be the most extreme place cricket is played.[/quote'] Maybe but that is exactly my point. In case of foreign seamers we try to find reasons as to why they are bowling slower and in our case we generally don't do that. I have seen Umar Gul and many others bowl much slower even in favourable weather conditions. Stuart Meaker was averaging around 138 k in the last ODI and was far from being the fastest English pacer, as he was mentioned to be. But that fact was hardly highlighted by the media.

Varun Aaron thrilled to be part of Test squad

Ranchi, Oct 31: A superb performance in the last two ODIs against England has earned young pacer Varun Aaron a place in the 15-member squad selected for the first Test match against the touring West Indies side. The pacer, who turned 22 on October 29, said he was “feeling good" about being picked in the team led by fellow Jharkhand player MS Dhoni. "My dad inspired me to play cricket,” the youngster told the media when asked about his role model. Amitabh Choudhary, President, Jharkhand State Cricket Association (JSCA), who has watched Aaron since his early days, said, "I am proud to see Dhoni catapulting to Test cricket after establishing himself in the limited overs [format]. Now Varun is selected for Test cricket close on the heels of his stupendous performance in the recently concluded one-day series against the England team. "Varun should remain focussed and try to become a successful bowler," he said while adding that there was no short cut for success and that the youngster should maintain consistency through disciplined effort. Aaron impressed fans and selectors clocking good speeds against England, calling to mind his landmark 153.4 kmph delivery during the Jharkhand-Gujarat Vijay Hazare trophy final last year.
http://www.bcci.tv/bcci/bccitv/index/viewarticle?article=/media/releases/content/4eae44be3e846.html

I agree pk requires swinging conditions to excel and look at his best..if its swinging conditions even Zak can't compete with him. I am very impressed with the fact that Varun clean bowled all his 4 victims..it goes to show that he has that extra power and skill to clean bowl a batsmen. A fast bowler becomes crazy when he sees the stumps shattered and he becomes doubly dangerous that's why I was shocked to see dhoni not giving the ball to Varun after he cooked Cook.

Both Umesh and Aaron bowled more than PK in the death overs when you get tonked the most. Also' date=' if we forget about comparisons, an average of 52 with 4 wickets from 5 matches is not really an impressive performance in absolute terms. We can't read too much into a single series performance but I am saying that his trend of ordinary performance in India continues.[/quote'] But both Umesh and aaron took mostly wickets of the later batsmen towards the tail-end of the innings. I know this(taking lower order wickets) has proven a huge throne in our side so I am glad for it, but we still need bowlers who can strike early in the first few overs too
I agree pk requires swinging conditions to excel and look at his best..if its swinging conditions even Zak can't compete with him. I am very impressed with the fact that Varun clean bowled all his 4 victims..it goes to show that he has that extra power and skill to clean bowl a batsmen. A fast bowler becomes crazy when he sees the stumps shattered and he becomes doubly dangerous that's why I was shocked to see dhoni not giving the ball to Varun after he cooked Cook.
So Sreesanth is an exception to this rule?

AARON , UMESH ARE MORE TEST BOWLERS, it is test that bowlers can bowl freely, they both have skills, if they are fit and have the stamina.Varun , Umesh both have the ability to bowl wicket taking balls,so if they have a game plan and control , they can be successfull.ODI'S are a stepping stone , to give bowlers confidence, but some bowlers who want to get wickets can go for runs too.

But both Umesh and aaron took mostly wickets of the later batsmen towards the tail-end of the innings. I know this(taking lower order wickets) has proven a huge throne in our side so I am glad for it' date=' but we still need bowlers who can strike early in the first few overs too[/quote'] but KP, Samit Patel, Cook are not lower order batsmen.
So Sreesanth is an exception to this rule?
I Agree Totally MAN... Sreesanth can become crazy even if the batsmen has hit him on the boundary and a Virat Kohli kinda Fielder dives in to catch the Perfect Hook SHot, thanks to the fielders Skills...I have seen Some old fielders and Munaf type fielder not even trying for slightly difficult chances. and Still Sreesanth doing his Antics.....
AARON ' date=' UMESH ARE MORE TEST BOWLERS, it is test that bowlers can bowl freely, they both have skills, [b']if they are fit and have the stamina.Varun , Umesh both have the ability to bowl wicket taking balls,so if they have a game plan and control , they can be successfull.ODI'S are a stepping stone , to give bowlers confidence, but some bowlers who want to get wickets can go for runs too.
The bolded part is where the concerns are with Umesh and Varun. Can they come back for a 3rd or 4th spell towards the end of the day having already bowled 17-18 overs and then keep the same pace or be around 85-86 mph? Thats where their true test will be. Umesh to me looks better prepared for the grinds of test cricket right now, Varun looks a little undercooked. We will soon get to know the answer as both will most likely make their debut during the WI tests.
I Agree Totally MAN... Sreesanth can become crazy even if the batsmen has hit him on the boundary and a Virat Kohli kinda Fielder dives in to catch the Perfect Hook SHot, thanks to the fielders Skills...I have seen Some old fielders and Munaf type fielder not even trying for slightly difficult chances. and Still Sreesanth doing his Antics.....
recently rahane dived in the T 20 match and took a fantastic catch ..catches like these are special catches n credit is all of the fielder.
My only abt varun is that he suffered stress fracture and it may affect him if he bowls long spells. Stress fracture is nothing but little bit of fracture in bone which is mostly undetected in mri scans. Stress fracture has affected and ended many bowler's career in the past, dennis lille, shane bond, ian bishop, laksmipathy balaji etc. I just hope varun doesnt suffer this anymore in the future.
I predicted abt varun's fitness months back. I am a phacking genius.:omg: and one idiot banned me from icf.
I predicted abt varun's fitness months back. I am a phacking genius.:omg: and one idiot banned me from icf.
i predict yadav and ishant will get injured after Australian tour now a days every fast bowler i have seen got injured with the exception of morkel steyn was injured against england.. cummings after 1 match anderson against sri lanka broad in world cup tremlett too i think in ashes finn johnson now (to be fair he got injured while batting) and this is just last 1 and a half year and i dont think this is even half the list harris is another one,zaheer, half of australian pace attack :P praveen kumar,sreesanth should i go on? :P
i predict yadav and ishant will get injured after Australian tour now a days every fast bowler i have seen got injured with the exception of morkel steyn was injured against england.. cummings after 1 match anderson against sri lanka broad in world cup tremlett too i think in ashes finn johnson now (to be fair he got injured while batting) and this is just last 1 and a half year and i dont think this is even half the list harris is another one,zaheer, half of australian pace attack :P praveen kumar,sreesanth should i go on? :P
varun suffered lower back injury which he already suffered couple of years back. I predicted it already, did u? :winky:
varun suffered lower back injury which he already suffered couple of years back. I predicted it already' date=' did u? :winky:[/quote'] i was aware of stress fractures before but injury so soon nope :P but he will be back one iinteresting thing waqar younis,akram all hed these kind of injuries at start of there careers i guess now he will change his action a bit atleast we know that injury wont stop him for bowling fast.. (cos of his past record)
i was aware of stress fractures before but injury so soon nope :P but he will be back one iinteresting thing waqar younis,akram all hed these kind of injuries at start of there careers i guess now he will change his action a bit atleast we know that injury wont stop him for bowling fast.. (cos of his past record)
Yes, one good thing is he is still 21 year old boy(i hope he didnt lie abt his age). His body will cope up with all the pressure and he will be stronger like mitchel jhonson.
Yes' date=' one good thing is he is still 21 year old boy(i hope he didnt lie abt his age). His body will cope up with all the pressure and he will be stronger like mitchel jhonson.[/quote'] one good quality of johnson that guy is super fit even now he got injured while batting to bowl fast continuously in tests for 2-3 years is a big achivement now a days