Pak Semi Final: Pre-Match Discussion (Stick to Cricket only)

fineleg

Pak Semi Final: Pre-Match Discussion (Stick to Cricket only)  

1. 1.

Ball expected to seam at Mohali track under lights Ball expected to seam at Mohali track under lights 2011-03-26 14:33:37 Mohali stadium Mohali: The pitch at the PCA Stadium, which will host the eagerly-anticipated World Cup semifinal between India and Pakistan on Wednesday, would assist seam bowlers under the floodlights. "The ball will seam a bit under the lights," Punjab Cricket Association (PCA) curator Daljeet Singh said. Fans scramble for tickets for 'mother of all battles' He said it will be a typical Mohali wicket, with generally good pace and bounce, which is its basic nature. Singh said the strip to be used in the game will be the same which was used for Ireland-West Indies game of the World Cup on March 11. India may have been undefeated against Pakistan in World Cup history, but they have been beaten by the arch foes at this venue on two previous occasions. Singh said as dew could be a factor they would stop watering the ground three days before the match. "We have just started to observe how much dew falls during these days," he said. "We have also cut the grass blades low so that minimum dew sticks to them. If need arises, we may use vetting agent APSA-80, which helps to minimize dew though it does not entirely eliminate it," he added. Asked if there were any instructions to have a particular type of wicket, he said, "We adhere to the general ICC guidelines that the pitch should generally be batsman-friendly." He also said ICC's pitch consultant Andy Atkinson was expected to arrive here within a day or two. "I have also ensured not to over prepare the wicket as it is the end of season. I have had light rollers used for the wicket," he said. Singh, a former player, said he was excited though not nervous before the mega match. "I am not anxious or nervous, but I am really excited. It is those few overs that you tend to watch keenly how the wicket is behaving. I am confident that we should have a good game," he hoped. http://www.sify.com/sports/ball-expected-to-seam-at-mohali-track-under-lights-news-cricket-ld0o7Bafgih.html

india will beat pakistan because ..... * our batting is stronger than pakis * Mohali pitch will be slower and it will not help pakistani fast bowlers. * pakistani batting looks fragile and remember they got all out for 180+ against canada. * unpredictable pakistan side * india's recent form. *indians play spin better than any country. So pakistan's afridi and hafeez won't be potent against india .

* our batting is stronger than pakis * Mohali pitch will be slower and it will not help pakistani fast bowlers. * pakistani batting looks fragile and remember they got all out for 180+ against canada. * unpredictable pakistan side * india's recent form. *indians play spin better than any country. So pakistan's afridi and hafeez won't be potent against india .
Any report on the Pitch? Never heard Mohali Pitch of being slow.

After having thought about Munna and Nehra, I think Munna should play ahead of Nehra only because the right hand variation. Pakistan has the advantage of having a 3rd seamer in Razzaq, While all of our allrounders are spinners. I would've loved to have Irfan Pathan in the team for this match.. The pitch will also suit Retard..Their bowling line up is very balanced as they have 3 seamers (Gul, Riaz/Akhter, Razzaq) and 3 spinners (Ajmal, Hafiz & Retard). On top of that Bhajji is no more a strike bowlers but an economical bowler, now a days. So we have to depend on Zak, Ashwin & UV to take wickets..Our other bowlers are mere passengers and any wickets taken by them will only be a bonus but there's no guarantee..

Anyways looking at the report, the impression I get is that this should be a high scoring game .... Irrespective of how good the bowling attack a team has, it will have to put 280 on board The way I see it: 1-15 overs: 80-100 16-35 overs: 100-120 36-50 overs: 100 Range: 280-320

Guys I just found out that this world cup is behaving like the 1996 world cup. India beat the defending champions i.e. Pakistan in quarter finals, but went on to lose the semi-finals against Sri Lanka. India has beaten Australia in quarter finals and now will face Pakistan in semi-finals. Also, someone told me that India doesn't has a good track record against Pakistan in Mohali. We have lost twice against them. One was a high scoring game. India scored 321 when they opted to bat first and Pakistan chased it successfully. :(( But past statistics and stuff doesn't mean anything. Whichever team gives their best will win that match. I hope India will win. :pray: