Harsha Bhogle...!!!

desi pride 1234

give the guy a break!!!!!! He has been one of the better ones over the years in a sea of arun lals and lsrks. I bet anyone to talk sensible clever cricket stuff 15 hours a week 300 days a year with likes of sidhu around without resorting to cliches, repetitions or other vague stuff

give the guy a break!!!!!! He has been one of the better ones over the years in a sea of arun lals and lsrks. I bet anyone to talk sensible clever cricket stuff 15 hours a week 300 days a year with likes of sidhu around without resorting to cliches, repetitions or other vague stuff
You’re absolutely right. Commentating is not an easy job.. Its hard to come up with new stuff every time you have a mike in front of you. Harsha has been a splendid representative of Indian voices in the world of cricket commentary. He’s well-educated, smart, articulate, with a perfect on-air etiquette. After all these years of commentary, he still hasn’t made a single faux pas, on air. His commentary is by and large fair and balanced and he goes to great pains not to offend anyone. Compare this, with those muddling idiots from countries like Pakistan, and we all know the value of Harsha. The problem isn’t the content of his commentary. It’s the artificially infused humor/wit, which he make his otherwise reasonable comments unbearable. Harsha would do well to take a leaf out of somebody like Mike Atherton’s book. As much as Atherton is a sly bastard who loses no opportunity to take implied pot-shots at India, his commentary style and that of someone like David Gower, symbolizes what serious cricket commentary should be about – Understated, factual, opinionated, but not overbearing.

I was watching an interview Bhogle did with Symonds for cricinfo and just realized something – His commentary style is almost as same his general conversational style, i.e, he commentates the way he talks and that is pretty much the crux of the problem. When you’re talking with someone, there are certain lines you insert here and there. These sentences actually don’t mean anything in isolation, but help keep the conversation going. Bhogle approaches commentary like it’s a partnership with the other commentator in the box, you will never find him speaking in isolation. Unfortunately, because of that, half of his lines don’t have anything to do with the action on the field, but merely fluff lines that just keep the banter going.

Commentators like shivakdjhkfjhklgfkridhna and Bhogle make me realise how much I miss Uncle Lal. He would not try and do painfully unfunny jokes like Bhogle or fake aggression like shiva. Lal would no doubt give us good wildlife covergae of whole of india and be relaxed and not take any of this IPL stuff to seriously

Harsha yesterday during DD fielding: And suddenly you are a run a ball. And suddenly Sehwag looks like this. And suddenly there are five men inside the ring. Oh wait, the fifth one is the umpire. We can't count him! giggles...

I agree. He is annoying when he attempts to say something funny and the humor falls flat and also sometimes when he tries to talk too fast as though he is doing commentary on radio. :cantstop:
he talks to one of the lady anchors as if he is her teacher n keeps referring to her by her surname ('dandekar') probably thinking he is cozying up to her this way. :dontknow: