Umesh yadav-pretty impressive.

Not taking my place for granted - Umesh

"I have been playing for a while and my wickets have been a result of a better line and length. I have been trying to make batsmen play more than rather than bowling short. "Sometimes if I try and focus more on speed, I tend to stray in my line and length, so it was a conscious decision to bowl fuller rather than focusing on pace. Even if it meant in reduction in a couple of yards, it was fine. What is more important is to take wickets and I am glad I have done so."
http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-sri-lanka-2014-15/content/story/797765.html

That's exactly what I talk about too - 144 vs 140 is a numerical point unless you bowl in the right areas with the right length. I would much rather have someone bowl 140 at the right line/length than 144 with spraying it all over. All said and done, 135+ should be a requirement to open the bowling.

I have always said that there is huge difference between 138 k and 128 k but that is never noticed but 150 or 145 is for some reason magical number I think below 135 if you are not tall you always need help from either track or condition to be effective but if you have some weird advantage like being tall you can cope like ishant was clocking slower in one match but looked quicker to me than umesh it was where he got 4 I never ask for quick bowlers but 140 k or even 138 k with little bit of movement is deadly but 140 k or below you can adjust and to me steam bowls at perfect pace to still be quick but also have control I guess you have to find balance .. But opening bowler I disagree in odis you can cope as new ball will always swing and having variations like slower ball and Yorkers can be enough just look at bhuvi but in test I agree

His pace was still pretty good it's simple case of concentrating on swing when there is some available but still at handy pace around 140 k and using pace when there is no help...this is what stern does day in and day out
Yep, before people go berserk after reading #1477, his pace has barely dipped. I've only watched the 2nd ODI live and the speed guns were usually around or above 140. Even in the HLs, his pace at the death was usually over 141. Has stopped bowling those customary filth short balls too. Someone switched his an Schurrle's brains. :giggle:
Yep, before people go berserk after reading #1477, his pace has barely dipped. I've only watched the 2nd ODI live and the speed guns were usually around or above 140. Even in the HLs, his pace at the death was usually over 141. Has stopped bowling those customary filth short balls too. Someone switched his an Schurrle's brains. :giggle:
yep,seems much better in terms of discipline.Though he hasnt been attacked much by pathetic lungans:cantstop:
There is still hope for shurrle :cantstop: And yes this is length which he should always bowl as he is skiddy and quick so just need to bowl full target stumps and let ball move both ways he will be deadly ...
yep' date='seems much better in terms of discipline.Though he hasnt been attacked much by pathetic lungans:cantstop:[/quote'] You don't attack bowler who picked 2 wickets with great balls as he can bowl wicket taking ball out of no where also clearly captain is trusting him more and bowling him with clear plan to bowl, full,get wickets and then at end .. Kohli did same for Aaron too in ipl I think he knows India needs bowlers like him

Umesh got 4 wickets and One more really as Raina missed a Catch at first Slip- had he caught , yadav wud have got 5 and possibly Lanka wud have scored under 200. If Umesh can become a DEMON of a bowler under Virat , he can do fairly well even under Dhoni if dhoni can let him feel easy............ Umesh and Varun kind of guys are RARE COMMODity ..any body who bowl 140 to 145 are very rare and need to be handled very well ...i wud play them when ever they are FIT- now experts know this point very well- even if they have to bench BHUVneshwar or ISHANT or even both they should play Umesh and Varun ahead. My line UP among Pacers if FULLY FIT is VARUN AROON SHAMMI UMESH BHUVNESH ISHANT Rahul SHUKLA VA

You don't attack bowler who picked 2 wickets with great balls as he can bowl wicket taking ball out of no where also clearly captain is trusting him more and bowling him with clear plan to bowl, full,get wickets and then at end .. Kohli did same for Aaron too in ipl I think he knows India needs bowlers like him
With the new ball in his hand' date=' Dilshan tried to have a go at him but was beaten and got out.[/quote'] Arre I meant no one has done it successfully after which mental strength is tested.
I have always said that there is huge difference between 138 k and 128 k but that is never noticed but 150 or 145 is for some reason magical number I think below 135 if you are not tall you always need help from either track or condition to be effective but if you have some weird advantage like being tall you can cope like ishant was clocking slower in one match but looked quicker to me than umesh it was where he got 4 I never ask for quick bowlers but 140 k or even 138 k with little bit of movement is deadly but 140 k or below you can adjust and to me steam bowls at perfect pace to still be quick but also have control I guess you have to find balance .. But opening bowler I disagree in odis you can cope as new ball will always swing and having variations like slower ball and Yorkers can be enough just look at bhuvi but in test I agree
Bhuvi hasn't been anything great in ODIs in last one year, averages 55.