Favourite TV shows

suma25

Just now, Tibarn said:

Yes, there is a lot of blood. The main character is basically a serial killer with a "moral code" and thus the show portrays him as a vigilante. There is at least 1 murder per show and there is always a ton of blood.

Thanks. Guess I am not watching Dexter anytime soon then.

50 minutes ago, The Dark Horse said:

The series has been gripping, no doubt but they could have delayed Batman's entry. Still not sure, so let's see. You have to watch it just for the bad ass villains.

The problem is they keep recycling the same old villians. Bringing them back from the dead and whatnot. 

On 8/5/2017 at 9:08 AM, Gollum said:

Please suggest which shows to watch. Suggest only 2 out of the below please.

Sopranos

The Wire

Vikings

House of Cards

Dexter

House M.D.

Sons of Anarchy

Seinfeld

Have time for only two TV show presently.

My taste: I loved Breaking Bad and 1st 2 seasons of Prison Break. Feel GOT and Sherlock are somewhat over rated but still addictive, Suits is strictly OK. BBT again boring while Friends was very addictive. 

wire abd sopranos. also six feet under.

One month break from cricket for me, so will try to watch a few shows before the Cape Town test. Since my last post on this thread I have Finished Sopranos, Dexter (wasn't that gory) and Band of Brothers and all were very enjoyable :wp3:.

Will start the much talked about 'The Wire' this weekend. Hopefully it is as good as Sopranos/BB which I thoroughly enjoyed. 

Uske baad kya dekhoon? 

I have Sons of Anarchy, Mad Men, Twin Peaks, Firefly and House M.D. Jisne bhee yeh sab yaa inme se koi bhee dekha hai please help me out with the order, are all of these good, which is the best, is/are any of these not worth watching.............?

And reg Suits I have watched only the 1st 4 seasons, started getting very repetitive so I left it. For those of you who watch it, did it improve after that or the same old? Loved Meghan Markle but now she is engaged with that bratty ginger from Britain :wall:

@Tibarn @Laaloo  @zen @Vijy @maniac and others, any help will be appreciated :icflove:.

Edited by Gollum

24 minutes ago, Gollum said:

The shows that tend to watch and would recommend are (in no particular order): Witnesses (French. S2 is even better), The Bridge (Swedish), The Break (French), Trapped (Icelandic), The Killing, Luther, Wallander, The Method (Russian), Lava Field (Iceland), Paranoid, Hinterland, .... 

In the mob genre: El patron de mal (Colombia) and Narcos

Others: Marseilles (French), Hannibal, Sherlock 

PS on Amazon: Goliath, Bosch. And waiting for Jean Claude Van Johnson to start (Dec 8th or 17th) 

Edited by zen

40 minutes ago, zen said:

The shows that tend to watch and would recommend are (in no particular order): Witnesses (French. S2 is even better), The Bridge (Swedish), The Break (French), Trapped (Icelandic), The Killing, Luther, Wallander, The Method (Russian), Lava Field (Iceland), Paranoid, Hinterland, .... 

PS on Amazon: Goliath, Bosch. And waiting for Jean Claude Van Johnson to start (Dec 8th or 17th) 

Thanks for your post man, I will surely put them on my must watch list :thumb: but can you give your review about these: Sons of Anarchy, Mad Men, Twin Peaks, Firefly and House M.D. In case you watched them?

On 12/7/2017 at 9:50 AM, Gollum said:

Thanks for your post man, I will surely put them on my must watch list :thumb: but can you give your review about these: Sons of Anarchy, Mad Men, Twin Peaks, Firefly and House M.D. In case you watched them?

I'm not the one you asked, but I've seen all of them. my 2 cents on them:

Mad Men: not the ATG that some people think, but a very professional and engaging show with fine acting, careful attention to period details.

Twin Peaks: the original one is a bona fide classic. an ATG in my book.

firefly: depends how much you like sci-fi and westerns (movies). this is a combination of the two - i love both genres, so I find firefly very enjoyable. has some deep moments but mostly a "fun" series with good world-building.

house M.D. - gets repetitive after first 2 seasons, but initial premise is exciting and the season finales are usually very high quality.

sons of anarchy - an involving drama feautirng brotherhood and redemption as themes. starts off slowly and ends rather so-so, but the middle is very good.

On 12/7/2017 at 8:45 AM, Gollum said:

One month break from cricket for me, so will try to watch a few shows before the Cape Town test. Since my last post on this thread I have Finished Sopranos, Dexter (wasn't that gory) and Band of Brothers and all were very enjoyable :wp3:.

Will start the much talked about 'The Wire' this weekend. Hopefully it is as good as Sopranos/BB which I thoroughly enjoyed. 

Uske baad kya dekhoon? 

I have Sons of Anarchy, Mad Men, Twin Peaks, Firefly and House M.D. Jisne bhee yeh sab yaa inme se koi bhee dekha hai please help me out with the order, are all of these good, which is the best, is/are any of these not worth watching.............?

And reg Suits I have watched only the 1st 4 seasons, started getting very repetitive so I left it. For those of you who watch it, did it improve after that or the same old? Loved Meghan Markle but now she is engaged with that bratty ginger from Britain :wall:

@Tibarn @Laaloo  @zen @Vijy @maniac and others, any help will be appreciated :icflove:.

suits just kept getting worse IMO. the wire is awesome, but it's more like a (visual) novel. requires patience and investment in characters and plot, but payoff is amazing.

On 12/7/2017 at 9:08 AM, zen said:

bridge is wonderful and so is killing and wallander. not a luther fan although i like elba and like ruth wilson even more. i'd suggest les revenants in french, esp. for those who know french but subs are still very good. spiral - a french crime drama is also decent but a bit slow-moving.