Is Ashwin the genuine all rounder we are looking for?

Looks like I have become cynical after this 0-8. I am going to buy any of these 6 wickets from Ashwin or Ojha, until they bowl well outside India. Ashwin was not impressive in Australia. But, I agree he is best option available with us in spin bowling department.
Even Murli has been ineffective in Australia. Ashwin did much better than what our two greatest spinners Kumble and Bhajji had done in Australia on their first tour.
Even Murli has been ineffective in Australia. Ashwin did much better than what our two greatest spinners Kumble and Bhajji had done in Australia on their first tour.
TBH thats not a fair indicator.Murali Kumble and even Bhajji (to some extent) all bowled to arguably the best team of all time.Where Ashwin bowled to an average batting line up at best. But i think the bigger issue for Ashwin was the fsailure of batsmen to put of decent scores.Once the batsmen fail regularly spinners cant attack much and thats what hurt Ashwin in aus imo
Looks like I have become cynical after this 0-8. I am not going to buy any of these 6 wickets from Ashwin or Ojha' date= until they bowl well outside India. Ashwin was not impressive in Australia. But, I agree he is best option available with us in spin bowling department.
You should stop following any matches played in India then and come back when we tour. :winky:
TBH thats not a fair indicator.Murali Kumble and even Bhajji (to some extent) all bowled to arguably the best team of all time.Where Ashwin bowled to an average batting line up at best. But i think the bigger issue for Ashwin was the fsailure of batsmen to put of decent scores.Once the batsmen fail regularly spinners cant attack much and thats what hurt Ashwin in aus imo
Point.
Looks like I have become cynical after this 0-8. I am not going to buy any of these 6 wickets from Ashwin or Ojha, until they bowl well outside India. Ashwin was not impressive in Australia. But, I agree he is best option available with us in spin bowling department.
What rubbish is this ? So performance in India doesnt matter at all ? According to your logic, they might as well stop playing in India because only overseas records matter.
Even arguably the best team lost in India on turning tracks against the same bowlers. This argument is not valid. They were never the best players of spin which their loss in India indicated, but tracks in India helped spinner so they were able to spin their web but that was not the case in Australia. BTW, Murli did not do anything even when they were not arguably the best team, neither did Harbhajan in Australia.
You should stop following any matches played in India then and come back when we tour. :winky:
What rubbish is this ? So performance in India doesnt matter at all ? According to your logic' date=' they might as well stop playing in India because only overseas records matter.[/quote'] What I meant that in India one spinner or other was going to get a 5 wicket haul. If Ashwin was not played, then some other spinner would have picked 5-fer. We need to find a spinner whom we can rely to serve India across the globe. No need to be overjoyed with Ashwin's 6 wicket.
Looks like I have become cynical after this 0-8. I am not going to buy any of these 6 wickets from Ashwin or Ojha, until they bowl well outside India. Ashwin was not impressive in Australia. But, I agree he is best option available with us in spin bowling department.
LOL look at the self hate. Philander gets heapload of wkts on helpful conditions. He's great. Ashwin does the same. It's not so. another example. morkel avgs 41 in india and 37 in uae but he's still a good bowler. hilf, siddle etc all avg 40+ in india. but they r good bowlers.
What I meant that in India one spinner or other was going to get a 5 wicket haul. If Ashwin was not played' date=' then some other spinner would have picked 5-fer. We need to find a spinner whom we can rely to serve India across the globe. No need to be overjoyed with Ashwin's 6 wicket.[/quote'] To take wickets and win matches overseas, you need fast bowlers, not spinners, spinners can only play supporting role in England, Aus, and SA. It is fast bowler which makes difference, not spinners. If your pacers dont do the job, spinners cant too.
LOL look at the self hate. Philander gets heapload of wkts on helpful conditions. He's great. Ashwin does the same. It's not so. another example. morkel avgs 41 in india and 37 in uae but he's still a good bowler. hilf, siddle etc all avg 40+ in india. but they r good bowlers.
Does anyone of them average 60 (or more than 50) anywhere? :winky:
What I meant that in India one spinner or other was going to get a 5 wicket haul. If Ashwin was not played' date= then some other spinner would have picked 5-fer. We need to find a spinner whom we can rely to serve India across the globe. No need to be overjoyed with Ashwin's 6 wicket.
So its that easy to pick wickets by the bucket if ur in the subcontinent ? Like Chawla & Mishra, supposedly our next best spinners ?