The Official Rajasthan Royals fans club.

Sir john

One of the best bowling line-ups in this years IPL ... Sreesanth, Tait and Shukla ... All 3 bowling above 140 and with Siddharth Trivedi doing well trunding at 130, it becomes a good team. Batting looks a little weak after Rahane and Dravid especially with Watto terribly out of form, but I think Rajasthan has a very good chance of getting to the Knockouts this year.

One of the best bowling line-ups in this years IPL ... Sreesanth' date= Tait and Shukla ... All 3 bowling above 140 and with Siddharth Trivedi doing well trunding at 130, it becomes a good team. Batting looks a little weak after Rahane and Dravid especially with Watto terribly out of form, but I think Rajasthan has a very good chance of getting to the Knockouts this year.
:agree:

One of the best bowling line-ups in this years IPL ... Sreesanth' date=' Tait and Shukla ... All 3 bowling above 140 and with Siddharth Trivedi doing well trunding at 130, it becomes a good team. Batting looks a little weak after Rahane and Dravid especially with Watto terribly out of form, but I think Rajasthan has a very good chance of getting to the Knockouts this year.[/quote'] :nice:

One of the best bowling line-ups in this years IPL ... Sreesanth' date=' Tait and Shukla ... All 3 bowling above 140 and with Siddharth Trivedi doing well trunding at 130, it becomes a good team. Batting looks a little weak after Rahane and Dravid especially with Watto terribly out of form, but I think Rajasthan has a very good chance of getting to the Knockouts this year.[/quote'] they need to add Harmeet Singh in the mix as a spinner somehow.cant rely totally on pace

Surprised to Sreesanth not making any stupid expressions today despite being smashed. Good as he seem to have improved his composure and aggressiveness. Anyways, a poor bowling and batting performance from them. They need to change their team especially improve their batting at depth and their spin attack. Harmeet Singh failed to surprise at all.

So far what I've seen is teams like Rajasthan, Punjab, Hyderabad have decent bowling attacks but not good enough hitters in their lineups. The reason for this is they didnt have enough money to go for T20 hitters in the auction like Sehwag, Gambhir, Kohli, Dhoni, Raina, Rohit Sharma, Yusuf Pathan or even the international batsmen like Pietersen, AB Devilliers, Gayle, Warner, Pollard etc. When they have a pitch which is helpful for bowlers, the gap between the batting sides is lessened to an extent and bowling becomes more important. Because the tracks in the earlier part in this IPL have been favoring bowlers, Punjab, Rajasthan and Hyd have managed to win. But when the tracks have been good for batting, bowling is neutralized and the hitters have made the difference. So the winning formula for these sides when they play at home, prepare tracks which help bowlers. When they play away, hope 1 or 2 batsmen click and make big scores. It will still be a struggle to make the play offs because pitches are usually prepared to be flat pattas because people like watching 6s and 4s. The hitters will make all the difference in this format and hence they are so valuable.

So far what I've seen is teams like Rajasthan, Punjab, Hyderabad have decent bowling attacks but not good enough hitters in their lineups. So the winning formula for these sides when they play at home, prepare tracks which help bowlers. When they play away, hope 1 or 2 batsmen click and make big scores. It will still be a struggle to make the play offs because pitches are usually prepared to be flat pattas because people like watching 6s and 4s. The hitters will make all the difference in this format and hence they are so valuable.
Some serious overreaction there. Kneejerk reaction basically. Firstly, there is no winning formula. And it's a team game where if some department do not do their work well, it affects the overall team game. It's early days to say who is gonna make it or not.

Shane Watson was not fit in the last match but at the moment, as far as we have been told, everyone is fit to play. And the coaches and captain will pick [the XI] from a fit squad." Owais Shah says Royals have moved on from their injury concerns