'I learned to retain my self-belief' - Ajinkya Rahane

Texan

In Tests, GG and Viru will both continue to hold their opening slots. In ODIs, GG and Viru will continue to open. Where do we fit Rahane in the midst of failing and singles-taking dhulandars :hmmm:
Probably Sehwag wont play many ODIs. In home ODI series we usually rest him. In tests , if Laxman retires then Rahane, Sachin, Kohli and Rohit can be in the middle order. though Pujara deserves his chances first but he has been out of form since his injury where as Rahane is doing well.
Probably Sehwag wont play many ODIs. In home ODI series we usually rest him. In tests , if Laxman retires then Rahane, Sachin, Kohli and Rohit can be in the middle order. though Pujara deserves his chances first but he has been out of form since his injury where as Rahane is doing well.
Good point. The problem is, Laxman doesn't seem to like the concept of "retirement" and Sehwag well, he thinks the spots in the ODI and Test teams are his birthright. Only Juniors are accountable when they fail, Seniors seem to have "earned the right" to fail for series no end. And who suffers? Players like Rahane, Pujara, Ojha and the ilk.
But when Morkel was bowling' date=' He made Rahane look very ordinary.... I hope he is still raw and there is a lot of scope to to improvement[/quote'] How many balls of Morkel did he face ? That killer over of Morkel was mostly faced by Hodge.

^It happens you can't nitpick one innings and say he struggles against good bowlers. In his debut t20 game he was hitting the likes of broad and others with ease. Among the current next-gen only he has so far looked decent against bouncy stuff, Kohli has improved a lot as well. Not to sure about Rohit outside SC.

^It happens you can't nitpick one innings and say he struggles against good bowlers. In his debut t20 game he was hitting the likes of broad and others with ease. Among the current next-gen only he has so far looked decent against bouncy stuff, Kohli has improved a lot as well. Not to sure about Rohit outside SC.
Didnt you see Rohit's 6 of Mitchell Starc bouncer.
Rahane vs Morkel 14 balls - 12 runs. He was struggling to slog against him in the final overs. Though in early overs against the pace and bounce he looked okay.
Morkel is one of the best limited overs bowlers around IMO. His pace and extra bounce make him hard to hit around the park.

I will give him some more run. Likes of Mukund and Rohit Sharma have toured overseas with our senior side to England Australia and other countries mulitple times in different formats and they still look clueless. Atleast for Rahane this is his first major outing. I have faith in him and hope he gets plenty more chances. He is definitely more reliable than that Rohit Sharma