Umesh Yadav - As brainless as ever

9 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

I agree umesh is trying to be accurate but his accuracy is also not improving.

In this test I would rate shammi as the best..bhuvi as no 2 and umesh as no 3 pacer.

How is Sami best when he stinked before today? One good spell and he is best? Surely the more consistent bowler throughout is the best? But this is ICF so obviously praising BK is taboo. 

Edited by New guy
12 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

I agree umesh is trying to be accurate but his accuracy is also not improving.

In this test I would rate shammi as the best..bhuvi as no 2 and umesh as no 3 pacer.

I don’t care for ratings but bowling well today doesn’t make anyone best bowler in the innings so far. 

1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

I don’t care for ratings but bowling well today doesn’t make anyone best bowler in the innings so far. 

The obvious bias is easy to see. Not only are the figures of BK better, he bowled well throughout and not like one session from Sami

4 minutes ago, New guy said:

How is Sami best when he stinked before today? One good spell and he is best? Surely the more consistent bowler throughout is the best? But this is ICF so obviously praising BK is taboo. 

Shami is a quality bowler and right up there with Bhuvi, and at times better but yes, bowling good in 1 and half session doesn’t make anyone a better bowler in the inning.

8 minutes ago, New guy said:

Brother... Shammi is still 5k faster on average

Shammi length is very wicket taking..he could have got one or two wickets yesterday too..

Will check on bcci TV and share why shammi is still better.

7 minutes ago, express bowling said:

With 5 bowlers, we would need the stable batting of Ashwin 

I absolutely hear that and feel the concern like you do as I am very concerned about Pandya still as even though he provides balance but also doesn’t have lot of FC runs or international test experience overseas. But I just feel with off spinner, the runs will be leaked really fast and it just reminds me of the sight where spin bowlers are leaking as much as 200 runs in Australia and then rest of the fast bowlers are containing the runs instead of attacking because the opposition is nearing 400-500 runs easily.

South Africa tried Keshav Maharaj in a lot of places and he seems to be doing well, I feel Jadeja might score se crucial runs and provide us those quick break throughs in the middle and we can then may be think of not worrying about that extra batsman option which Ashwin brings

11 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

I absolutely hear that and feel the concern like you do as I am very concerned about Pandya still as even though he provides balance but also doesn’t have lot of FC runs or international test experience overseas. But I just feel with off spinner, the runs will be leaked really fast and it just reminds me of the sight where spin bowlers are leaking as much as 200 runs in Australia and then rest of the fast bowlers are containing the runs instead of attacking because the opposition is nearing 400-500 runs easily.

South Africa tried Keshav Maharaj in a lot of places and he seems to be doing well, I feel Jadeja might score se crucial runs and provide us those quick break throughs in the middle and we can then may be think of not worrying about that extra batsman option which Ashwin brings

But how do we balance the batting if Ashwin is not playing 

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

But how do we balance the batting if Ashwin is not playing 

We will have to just hope that Pandya does well as he is mainly playing their to bring the balance to the team as he has been picked as all rounder to support both batting and bowling. If he fails, then may be we will have to think for other options for the next test but I think we will have to take our chance and go with Jadeja as he to me will provide wickets which are more important than 30 odd runs which Ashwin might add.

20 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Shami is a quality bowler and right up there with Bhuvi, and at times better

Bhuvi has been better than Shami in the first innings of this test, although Shami was struggling with cramps yesterday.

But generally , in test matches, Shami is a a better all-condition bowler than Bhuvi, while Bhuvi is better if there is conventional swing on offer.

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

Bhuvi has been better than Shami in the first innings of this test, although Shami was struggling with cramps yesterday.

But generally , in test matches, Shami is a a better all-condition bowler than Bhuvi, while Bhuvi is better if there is conventional swing on offer.

I have bias for Bhuvi because I feel he gets more swing and at times that works better in a lot conditions and also his fitness allows him to hang tight on different days of the tests. But I do not see much difference in them. Both are quality for me but I usually put the guy with better fitness ahead hence I always pick Bhuvi over Shami. Both Shami and Bhuvi are world class. Fitness to me is key because that shows you are bowling well on different days in test. Both are world class bowlers. Bhuvi’s best is yet to come. 

50 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

Brother... Shammi is still 5k faster on average

Shammi length is very wicket taking..he could have got one or two wickets yesterday too..

Will check on bcci TV and share why shammi is still better.

How is could have taken wickets better than actually taking wickets

26 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

I have bias for Bhuvi because I feel he gets more swing and at times that works better in a lot conditions and also his fitness allows him to hang tight on different days of the tests. But I do not see much difference in them. Both are quality for me but I usually put the guy with better fitness ahead hence I always pick Bhuvi over Shami. Both Shami and Bhuvi are world class. Fitness to me is key because that shows you are bowling well on different days in test. Both are world class bowlers. Bhuvi’s best is yet to come. 

The biggest positive for bhuvi is that he works so damn hard to improve.

He is one of the few who is improving with time.

That gives the hope that he has much more to offer because he will  continue to want to get better and do every thing he is capable of doing to get there.

Edited by beetle

Its funny to see so much of hate for Umesh Yadav based on 1 inning. He has performed in the past. Its not that he has been selected in the Test team only because he bowls fast. Wait for atleast the 2nd inning, if not the next match.

I dont see people questioning the batsmen why they batted like P$#sy's! But one bad performace and our bowlers are the worst!

1 minute ago, Rightarmfast said:

Its funny to see so much of hate for Umesh Yadav based on 1 inning. He has performed in the past. Its not that he has been selected in the Test team only because he bowls fast. Wait for atleast the 2nd inning, if not the next match.

I dont see people questioning the batsmen why they batted like P$#sy's! But one bad performace and our bowlers are the worst!

it is not about bad performance. even shami had a bad day yesterday but it is a pattern with Umesh and the way he bowls.

12 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Umesh bowled badly in all the 3 test matches in SL too,

He looks demotivated and lacking in intensity a bit too frequently and that is the issue.

It is almost as if he is happy with what he has done in life and needs nothing more.

Edited by express bowling