Desi Posers

maniac

^ it is with a 'd' as in doctor. There is a closer one to "Ganda" (that means dirty in Hindi). but it is "Gandha" (as in Dhoni - the maha-pran) which means Sandalwood. OTOH, Kundi in Hindi means lock/bolt in kannada means your rear-side! So you can imagine when somebody says "Kundi Kholo"!:hysterical:

^ it is with a 'd' as in doctor. There is a closer one to "Ganda" (that means dirty in Hindi). but it is "Gandha" (as in Dhoni - the maha-pran) which means Sandalwood. OTOH, Kundi in Hindi means lock/bolt in kannada means your rear-side! So you can imagine when somebody says "Kundi Kholo"!:hysterical:
Kundi is rear in Tamil also. bigger fun is in Tulu 'Soothu' means careful it appears, outrageous fun in crass Tamil colloq it means rear in a denigrating manner.

Ok new rant. A guy at work is named Jack.P yes Jack.P from New Jersey......no he is not Jack Pollock or Jack Paulson....he is Jack Patel.....what the fk seriously Mofo.....your name is Jack Patel....You don't look like a Jack to me or maybe you do in a different context but Jack really? After some digging the guy's real name is Jagdish...why the Fk are you embarrassed of such a beautiful name that reeks of Indianness. I have seen this with a lot of Desi migrants Dev or Dhawal becomes Dave......I mean really,you call yourself that in front of me I will kick you in your b***s. Malik or Manoj becomes Mike.....aaaaaaaaarg stop this fkin insanity. One of the reasoning given is but but we want to make it easy for the westerners to pronounce our name....really I mean are you serious,are you fkin nuts...idiots If the westeners have learnt to pronounce names like Krajecwiski or Kryzinski or some other Fkin name with no vowels in them, I am sure they can pronounce JAGDISH....if such a Western poser tries to act like he is all at sea,remember SUnny Deol Paaji and give it to him/her...tell them ***** it is my name and it has a lot of sylabbles,get it right you ignorant Hippo. Recently I know of an Indian couple who named their kid Ryan,just so that their Kid can "fit-in" with the American society....WTF what in the real F......You know he is an adorable kid though but in 20 odd years when he becomes a mature adult,I will fkin hate him but for now let that water pass under the bridge,because I hate his parents.....fkin hate them. The point is why are we so embarassed of our Indianness...coming from the state of Andhra,some of our guys have tounge twisters as name....so big fkin deal,I have no problem with that,I can pronounce it just like I learnt that jose is not Jose but Hosey and jorge is not george but Horhey,people will fkin get over it. Why the Fk are you doing this *****es. Now let us say if a guy comes from a Indian Muslim family of Indian Christian family and is named muammar Gaddaffi or John Kennedy,I have no fkin problem with this but I do and believe me I do have a problem with Indians westernizing their names just to Fit in or amalgamate in the western society.....fkin posers ANyways time to act like the old man suffering from piles or the teem who got her first period when meeting this Jack Patel guy......Tu to gaya BC

bobby jindal and nikki haley????
Yep them too...I think boooby Jindal is a convert and Nikki Haley claims she is white...not defending them but they are the perfect examples of the point I am trying to make....not so much them TBH but their parents and their upbringing for sure. This is where we can learn from Mexicans,not just loopholes to migrate illegally in to U.S but how to uphold your values and culture. Having said that we are better than Chinese in that regard

I have less problem with westernized names and more with Americanized accents. One of my classmates from college moved to the US and I was listening to one of his tech talks and he sounds like N. Narayan Murthy now with his american accent tht he has adopted. Hard to picture now that this guy used to play cricket, and talk all kind of desi sh!t with us back in college.

Rakshit' date=' Sukhdeep, Dikshit are names that can be made fun of easily. I can understand if they have an alternate English names. Chinese have 2 names - one Chinese and one generic English one. To each his F'in own.[/quote'] Completely agree.Stop judging people for every small thing..