Olympics nothing less than a war for China

rkt.india

In spite of their methods' date=' we as a nation have a lot to learn from China and Japan. The way the roads were relaid after the earthquakes in Japan was just unbelievable.[/quote'] One has to be very careful taking lessons from China. Too many things wrong with the way they do function.

^ Clubbing Japan with China! :facepalm:
if barbarism is the criterion, china is no match to japan... i guess you reaction is because of the political scene..but anyhow democracy is kind of a failed institution in india because of a choice is between bad and bad...

if barbarism is the criterion, china is no match to japan... i guess you reaction is because of the political scene..but anyhow democracy is kind of a failed institution in india because of a choice is between bad and bad...
Present day Japan is a pacifist nation but they were one of the most violent and barbaric nations during the second world war 2. For. e.g. the Nanjing massacre during the chinese invasion

so what is your point? hard work is something to be shameful..instead like india..stay happy with 1 medal each olympics... no one is talking about whether the chineese athletes are good or bad...perhaps they are bad..thats why they train hard...results matter
Chairman Mao, is that you? Ni hao ma? You couldn't be more wrong. In the last Olympics, India had 3 medals and we already have 4 now.(counting Mary Kom's medal). Already a massive 33% increase in medal count if we don't win anything else. :isalute: China had a measly 100 medals in 2008 and have only 64 so far. By all accounts they will not be able to keep up with India's rate of improvement. And why do you discount the CWG games where India got 101 medals and China failed to register a single medal. China have only themselves to blame. They failed at even getting themselves colonized by the British, which was the norm back in the day.

Chairman Mao, is that you? Ni hao ma? You couldn't be more wrong. In the last Olympics, India had 3 medals and we already have 4 now.(counting Mary Kom's medal). Already a massive 33% increase in medal count if we don't win anything else. :isalute: China had a measly 100 medals in 2008 and have only 64 so far. By all accounts they will not be able to keep up with India's rate of improvement. And why do you discount the CWG games where India got 101 medals and China failed to register a single medal. China have only themselves to blame. They failed at even getting themselves colonized by the Britain, which was the norm back in the day.
:hysterical:

Chairman Mao, is that you? Ni hao ma? You couldn't be more wrong. In the last Olympics, India had 3 medals and we already have 4 now.(counting Mary Kom's medal). Already a massive 33% increase in medal count if we don't win anything else. :isalute: China had a measly 100 medals in 2008 and have only 64 so far. By all accounts they will not be able to keep up with India's rate of improvement. And why do you discount the CWG games where India got 101 medals and China failed to register a single medal. China have only themselves to blame. They failed at even getting themselves colonized by the Britain, which was the norm back in the day.
:hysterical::hysterical: Seriously I see nothing wrong in these training methods, Athletes are not always born , they are made and it needs hard work at young age to become one. I am pretty sure not one of these kids regret these methods when they grow up and become accomplished sportsmen.

perhaps u had taken a very poor example as your dream country .. in china top 1% control 70% of the wealth , and one tenth of top 1% control 51% of the wealth .. so i guess communism or maoism or watever they follow in china is also failed :cantstop: you can take post war south korea or japan as an example for hardwork and people are genuinely patriotic towards the country and both the countries are democracy :whack:

:hysterical::hysterical: Seriously I see nothing wrong in these training methods, Athletes are not always born , they are made and it needs hard work at young age to become one. I am pretty sure not one of these kids regret these methods when they grow up and become accomplished sportsmen.
But what about those? who dont become accomplished athletes? They walk on roads begging to earn their living because they spent whole their life trying to become sportsman without thinking or doing anything else. I am sure not everyone of these is going t win medals for them.

Chairman Mao, is that you? Ni hao ma? You couldn't be more wrong. In the last Olympics, India had 3 medals and we already have 4 now.(counting Mary Kom's medal). Already a massive 33% increase in medal count if we don't win anything else. :isalute: China had a measly 100 medals in 2008 and have only 64 so far. By all accounts they will not be able to keep up with India's rate of improvement. And why do you discount the CWG games where India got 101 medals and China failed to register a single medal. China have only themselves to blame. They failed at even getting themselves colonized by the British, which was the norm back in the day.
Trollpanah :hail: :hail:

Though you may seem to think otherwise' date= but the raison d'etre of most nations is not to win an Olympic gold. I don't subscribe to this whole theory of nations doing well in Olympics. It started off as events for individual athletes, and should have stayed so. Unfortunately, the powers of modern world hijacked the event made and turned it into an opportunity to showcase some kind of 'superiority' of their societies.
Wrong, wrong and more wrong.
Errr.... US/Russia/China weren't there in the Commonwealth Games. What was your point here? :confused: And India got 101 medals in the last edition of the games, second only to sporting superpower Australia. Its very clear to me that India focuses on only high quality events like the Commonwealth games and the Kamla Nehru Track and field championships. Mickey Mouse events like the Olympics is for the lesser nations.
Australia population = 20 Million Mumbai population = 20 Million Results speak for themselves
And don't you see anything wrong with that? A country like North Korea, where 60% of the population has to face an acute food shortage for 5 months of the year is expending time and money on a select few for a few medals? What kind of governance is this? If you can't afford 2 square meals for your family, would you spend a 1000$ to buy a silver medallion for the showcase? Is this your idea of good governance?
North Korea is a pariah, yes, but they didn't buy the medals, their athletes won it through performance and performance alone. And in the Olympics, that is the sole criteria. Nobody stripped German athletes of their medals when Hitler used the 1936 games as a propaganda tool whilst he was busy gassing the Jews, did they?
IMO, in the context of India, where we as a nation have so much to do to better the lot of the common man, Olympics can be the last priority. The government should spend absolutely nothing on it. It should be all sponsored by the corporates and the various ministers at the helm of various sporting organizations should also get the sack. Until we can reach a stage, where all or most of our people have the basic nutritional,health and educational services available to them, I don't think the Olympics should be prioritized.
Nobody in India gives a hoot, they are happy to be upstaged by obscure countries like Ghana and Ethiopia. And pray, please tell me that these countries are not ravaged by famine, corruption and violence. Rising super power? You serious? Those that scrape through and win a bronze, they are disproportionately rewarded with luxury cars and acres of prime real estate to build their mansions.

^ Don't worry it will never reach the stage where I start believing that the raison d'etre of most nations is to win an Olympic gold - have got enough in reserve, sree_OLYMPICISTAN. Here is one specially for you. 20sfx40.jpg
Your head seems to be stuck far up that guy's crack. Take it out, if it comes out, that is :winky:

Wrong, wrong and more wrong. Australia population = 20 Million Mumbai population = 20 Million Results speak for themselves
Yes, Australia population would be 25 million if they had not killed all the aboriginal people. Mumabi population would be 15 million if they had killed all the illegal immigrant Bangladeshis.
Nobody in India gives a hoot, they are happy to be upstaged by obscure countries like Ghana and Ethiopia. And pray, please tell me that these countries are not ravaged by famine, corruption and violence. Rising super power? You serious? Those that scrape through and win a bronze, they are disproportionately rewarded with luxury cars and acres of prime real estate to build their mansions.
Ghana has 0 medals so far! Ehiopians have upstaged everybody else in long distance running, so? What's with the obsession to match the medal tally based on population? Who made those rules? You seem to be highly influenced by American media that you detest so much.

But what about those? who dont become accomplished athletes? They walk on roads begging to earn their living because they spent whole their life trying to become sportsman without thinking or doing anything else. I am sure not everyone of these is going t win medals for them.
there again you are closed to the idea that superior physical fitness opens up many avenues for employment....army, trainer, coaches etc etc....