Tendulkar and Zaheer retirement discussion [Poll added]

Tendulkar and Zaheer retirement discussion [Poll added]  

1. 1.

If Sachin plays against Aus, I hope he stays till SA 2013. And lol at the deluded folks saying English fans rate Dravid ahead of SRT. Don't know which people he is talking about, but Dickie Bird, Geoff Boycott, Gower, Botham. Nasser and Bumble all rate Sachin ahead. Dravid is a great servant of Indian cricket no doubt, but there's no need to make up facts to defend him. You could expect a fan of 2008+ to say it, but not someone who actually knows their cricket.
Based on what can Dickie Bird or any of the others say that Tendulkar is better than Dravid? There are tons of people who think Dravid is better than Tendulkar(Should now be referred to as Endulkar) and perhaps rightly so.
Based on what can Dickie Bird or any of the others say that Tendulkar is better than Dravid? There are tons of people who think Dravid is better than Tendulkar(Should now be referred to as Endulkar) and perhaps rightly so.
Nope, most experts, current and ex players will all put Sachin ahead of Dravid (and have done so consistantly) Can you tell me of one world XI list, from Bradman's to Warne's where Dravid is ahead of Sachin? Yes Sachin is going through his worst period ever and has over-stayed his welcome but that doesnt take away from his greatness. Yes there are some biased fans who do put dravid ahead of Sachin but do their opinions count more than the very best that cricket has to offer? There is a reason that from Bradman to Lara to Richards to Ponting to Chappel to every other expert on the planet hold Sachin in such high regards and make him a part of their all time XI and keep him a notch ahead of Dravid
Nope' date=' most experts, current and ex players will all put Sachin ahead of Dravid (and have done so consistantly) Can you tell me of one world XI list, from Bradman's to Warne's where Dravid is ahead of Sachin? Yes Sachin is going through his worst period ever and has over-stayed his welcome but that doesnt take away from his greatness. Yes there are some biased fans who do put dravid ahead of Sachin but do their opinions count more than the very best that cricket has to offer? There is a reason that from Bradman to Lara to Richards to Ponting to Chappel to every other expert on the planet hold Sachin in such high regards and make him a part of their all time XI and keep him a notch ahead of Dravid[/quote']Show me one of these greats who said 'Tendulkar is better than Dravid'. I do not think Chappell or somone else will say that, when all these opinions are personal in nature anyways. Of course when someone asks them if Tendulkar is one of the best they will say 'Yes'. But that does not mean a Dravid is any less or not better. If anything Dravid and Laxman played much better knocks for India than Tendulkar truth be told despite playing lesser number of matches.

I think tendulkar should skip the first 3 test matches of aus series and iron out his flaws.If still could not do well by the 4th test then he should call it a day vs first test in South Africa. But having said that Gooch and Jayasuriya played till the age of 42. Chanderpaul is still playing well.Stranger things have happened in sport.I think Tendulkar is waiting for the next streak of centuries to make a graceful exit.

If we bring in the world x1 debate,dravid will not stand a chance(maybe a bit too harsh) against the likes of pointing,Lara etc but srt will be a shoe in for the no4 slot. People who rate dravid above srt are just looking for alternatives that's t.in terms of overall record and being a complete batsman srt is head and shoulders above dravid. Dravid is probably the 3rd beat batsman to play for India without a doubt....let's just stay at that

Show me one of these greats who said 'Tendulkar is better than Dravid'. I do not think Chappell or somone else will say that' date=' when all these opinions are personal in nature anyways. Of course when someone asks them if Tendulkar is one of the best they will say 'Yes'. But that does not mean a Dravid is any less or not better. If anything Dravid and Laxman played much better knocks for India than Tendulkar truth be told despite playing lesser number of matches.[/quote'] Azhar Mahmoud has played a couple of great knocks that might be rated better than some of the all round greats but what's his overall legacy....you judging players on some mercurial knocks is a flawed argument. In tests srt might compete with 3-4 other legendary batsman....in Odis's he is head and shoulders above the rest,so Overall he is the greatest batsman ever...tomorrow let a guy achieve the same level of consistency across all 3 formats including t20 as well and then we will admit srt is no longer the greatest batsman ever.....until then you don't stand a chance

This shameless hack of a captain says "lets enjoy the 99", yeah, enjoy the beating your fatty *****es got in the series. Seriously man, how low can these bunch of buffoons can go? Non performing seniors not ready to give way to youngsters, captain is one adament hack who knows nothing about winning away from home and now at home :facepalm:, spinners who doesn't spin the ball, pacers who fail to produce pace...... Sad sad times for an Indian fan :((

Why people feel Sachin is really past it so strongly? I mean poor form in 6 Test matches and people are saying he's finished? He was arguably best Indian batsmen in Australia, he failed to score 100s, but still he was most technically correct Indian batsmen on that tour. He was never rushed, didn't played poor shots. Getting OUT to good balls is part of Cricket. Only Kohli can rival him on that tour. From one of your best bats to 'How to drop him' in just 6 Tests? He is same guy who already made 2-3 comebacks, This time he is at top of his fitness. I think it's matter of one good session and we will witness a revival once again. Give him chance, he deserves it.