Kohli will be the world's best batsman very, very soon.

he's an opener. he rarely has to finish the games. If ganguly was competent at the other end' date=' Sachin wouldn't have had to take the extra risks who knows[/quote'] exactly..so this is not how you chase team is going at run rate of 5 while sachin is hitting 2 runs on everyball taking risk.. kind of proves my point that we were clueless while chasing.

After watching years of cricket, i have not seen any player like Kohli who could consistently run down gigantic totals ridiculously comfortably. Not just from India also from any country. He is one of a kind. I just made a hypothetical statement. Nobody can prove it. But i still believe Kohli would have taken a different approach in that 2003 chase. None of the players in that side is equal to Kohli while cahsing large totals.

exactly..so this is not how you chase team is going at run rate of 5 while sachin is hitting 2 runs on everyball taking risk.. kind of proves my point that we were clueless while chasing.
hahah what do you mean this is not how chase? You chase according to the situations. You take everything into account and then chase. If you feel the pitch is flat and that you don't need to play out the opening overs, then you don't, you go for it. Do you know for sure Sachin was taking risks?
hahah what do you mean this is not how chase? You chase according to the situations. You take everything into account and then chase. If you feel the pitch is flat and that you don't need to play out the opening overs, then you don't, you go for it. Do you know for sure Sachin was taking risks?
yes he was ..i dont remember this match clearly but i do remember cursing at ganguly :giggle:
yes he was ..i dont remember this match clearly but i do remember cursing at ganguly :giggle:
I would have cursed at him as well with the way he was batting and having the likes of Laxman, Badani and Dravid still to come. As I said before, many teams can afford to play out the initial overs today, because they know that there is a batting power play still to come. Once you take the batting power at the 35th over, you never look back. You have that luxury.
Let me put this way India did not have big hitters those days. An inconsistent Viru' date=' evolving Yuvi. that's it. Then Tendu. If you ask the exact team to chase this total with current rules, i would not back them to do. Kohli doesn't even try to take it to 50th over. He often tries to finish well before that. You need skill, mental strength to do that. In that way he is very very different from anything we have ever had.[/quote'] We had Kaif and Mongia.:cantstop:
Kohli averages 38 batting first' date=' 65 chasing. [b']So always bat second against India.
Nothing to do with Kohli....It is thanks to our bowling :giggle: Anyways in the past especially in the pre-Ganguly era we used to always be decent at defending but very poor chasers,now it is the opposite. Pak these days is kind of like that
Nothing to do with Kohli....It is thanks to our bowling :giggle: Anyways in the past especially in the pre-Ganguly era we used to always be decent at defending but very poor chasers,now it is the opposite. Pak these days is kind of like that
His average batting first is not that great 38.