Zaheer, Harbhajan and Yuvraj dropped says Times Now

saneindian

Not Sehwag
hes bordeline.yes he got that ton,but the way hes playing is not good,earlier he used to take time n play on merit of the balls,now he blindly slogs as if its a T20.yesterday's dismissal,a wild slog fist ball after lunch is an example.
hes bordeline.yes he got that ton' date='but the way hes playing is not good,earlier he used to take time n play on merit of the balls,now he blindly slogs as if its a T20.yesterday's dismissal,a wild slog fist ball after lunch is an example.[/quote'] He was okay until Gauti ran him out in the first innings. I wish Gauti had been run out. Between the two Viru deserves longer rope.
:(( dropping Zaheer is a bad call for me. I would rather see him than the alternatives! He has got through a lot of overs' date=' more than other phaast bowlers for India and not too long ago he bowled well at A'bad. Unless he is unfit I cannot agree.[/quote'] its just a 'scapegoat' decision.always bowlers r the sacrificial lambs
its just a 'scapegoat' decision.always bowlers r the sacrificial lambs
It's sad man, even at 34 he is bowling the same overs and has more skill than these unlucky high-jumpers. I guess there is less 'drama' with dropping him than certain batsmen..though thank the lord they have made the call on Yuvraj. And then u have the ultimate other insult for Zaheer with Chawla entering as he exits :((
:(( dropping Zaheer is a bad call for me. I would rather see him than the alternatives! He has got through a lot of overs' date=' more than other phaast bowlers for India and not too long ago he bowled well at A'bad. Unless he is unfit I cannot agree.[/quote'] I think we need to bring new bowlers at some point and zak has been ineffective with 10 wickets in last 6 home tests.
I think we need to bring new bowlers at some point and zak has been ineffective with 10 wickets in last 6 home tests.
It is for one important Test and I cannot see that Ishant and Dinda at this moment will do better. If it was truly about looking towards future then Zaheer would not have played in A'bad.

Not too fussed over Zaheer being dropped. He had clearly lost his zip as a bowler and the numbers bear that out pretty clearly.The command he had of swing and seam from 07-11 was clearly gone. He was mainly useful for keeping it tidy over the last year, but had lost the ability to trouble the batsmen, thus the lack of wickets and a sorry average. If your lead bowler can no longer take wickets, is a liability on the field and is aging on top of it, doesn't make a whole lot of sense to keep him on the team.

Tiwary must be tearing his hair out. Poor guy actually had some form leading into the test series and has always done well whenever he got a chance in a tour game or in an Odi. If he doesn't get picked for Australia, he should consider immigrating to Bangladesh. No rahane either, how baffling. Jadeja is having a nice season but rahane and tiwary should have been next in line, they are far more accomplished players at domestic level and have been part of previous test squads. This selection is just completely out of nowhere. Jadeja, as a batsman, is not in the same league as rahane. Awana is a nice pick tho. Deserved it. I doubt he wil play, ishant and dinda to lead the attack. Who knows how long he will last, but it's a good pick Chawla is just a LOL worthy selection. His failing career is being kept alive singlehandedly by dhoni. I am no believer in conspiracy theories, but this sports management company crap we have heard recently might have some truth to it. Some players are clearly favoured over others, some are clearly being ignored when they shouldn't be.

Tiwary must be tearing his hair out. Poor guy actually had some form leading into the test series and has always done well whenever he got a chance in a tour game or in an Odi. If he doesn't get picked for Australia, he should consider immigrating to Bangladesh. No rahane either, how baffling. Jadeja is having a nice season but rahane and tiwary should have been next in line, they are far more accomplished players at domestic level and have been part of previous test squads. This selection is just completely out of nowhere. Jadeja, as a batsman, is not in the same league as rahane. Awana is a nice pick tho. Deserved it. I doubt he wil play, ishant and dinda to lead the attack. Who knows how long he will last, but it's a good pick Chawla is just a LOL worthy selection. His failing career is being kept alive singlehandedly by dhoni. I am no believer in conspiracy theories, but this sports management company crap we have heard recently might have some truth to it. Some players are clearly favoured over others, some are clearly being ignored when they shouldn't be.
did you watch the fight last night? pac man got KTFO!
It is for one important Test and I cannot see that Ishant and Dinda at this moment will do better. If it was truly about looking towards future then Zaheer would not have played in A'bad.
Dont think Zaheer would do any better. So it does not matter who plays. Yadav was the x-factor and he is injured.