Delhi Gangrape | Four accused sentenced to death

Tiger80

I am not refuting it. Of course, the girl was entitled to take whatever course of action she thought was best and I am not blaming her. All I am offering is what from my experience has been the best course of action - in instances of other fights which I know about and know people who got the crap kicked out of them because they tried to play He-Man in front of a 10-15 people mob, as opposed to people who curled up and took the beating apologizing profusely and got back later.
Let me just say that the example you are giving is from a male perspective. Again, I am a male too so I cannot say anything definitively, but my guess is that there is a significant psychological, emotional and traumatic difference between a guy being thrashed and a girl being gangraped. The avenue of retaliation exists for the guy - he can recover and thrash his assailants back and in a sense regain his 'honor', but this is not possible for the girl. Certainly, the victim on that bus cannot be blamed for resisting - if not for anything but her resistance could have led to her being rescued. From any viewpoint - moral or practical, she is completely in the right.

Let me just say that the example you are giving is from a male perspective. Again, I am a male too so I cannot say anything definitively, but my guess is that there is a significant psychological, emotional and traumatic difference between a guy being thrashed and a girl being gangraped. The avenue of retaliation exists for the guy - he can recover and thrash his assailants back and in a sense regain his 'honor', but this is not possible for the girl. Certainly, the victim on that bus cannot be blamed for resisting - if not for anything but her resistance could have led to her being rescued. From any viewpoint - moral or practical, she is completely in the right.
Yeah, I agree with you that it's impossible for me as a male to even begin to imagine the trauma and plight of the girl. And my view was only from my experience and of other males I know, which may not be applicable in the case of rape as you have mentioned due to hazaar other differences. Forceful violation of someone's body is something males can only sympathize with and never empathize. But nowhere was I blaming the girl or questioning her actions - I was putting forth a course of action which could have been taken from my personal experience, that's all.

There are any number of cases where a spirited resistance demoralizes the perpetrator. Another possibility is that this unfortunate girl's struggle could have led to someone noticing what was happening in the bus, say at a traffic stop. It didnt happen in this case but that would be the natural reaction of any girl in such a situation - to struggle, and cry for help. There have been innumerable cases where neighbors or passers by have been alerted by women being assaulted. If she had not put up a fight the perpetrators may even later claim that the whole thing was consensual. Whatever your theory or strategy may be, the following cannot be refuted: The girl was PERFECTLY ENTITLED TO FIGHT FOR HER DIGNITY with whatever means she had. You are indirectly blaming the victim here.
Yep. Agreed. That theory may have some validation when it comes to a fight, but not sure how it applies to rape tbh. Otherwise, 5/6 men in groups will be going on picking up girls anyway, and then claiming consensual sex because they succumbed. As it is rape is extremely difficult to prove. And it's not like if the girl apologized the men would have let her go, without raping her like in a fight.

I don't think girl should be blamed under any circumstances. I am not sure about this circumstance. But if there is a choice between life and dignity, choosing life is better. I don't say she can go around murder those bastards like I spit on your grave . You are right in a gangrape situation you are in lose lose situation. But if you are up against one individual there is a slight chance you could get away from everything if you pretend to cooperate.

+1 recommended strategy in women's groups. Keep the cost/damage low. Stay alive and get the perps later. It's a patriarchal myth that satisfies the egos of weak men which says the physical act of rape (apart from dry penetration which can be painful) in itself is anything more than a nuisance. What women find most disturbing is the control aspect of it (this can be replicated by just holding the woman in a closed elevator when she is on her way to work) and if the girl is young, the psychologial damage. Not to be too crude but if a woman is into it she can exhaust a group of men and walk away happily. This truth is of course quite challenging to the novice penis. :hehe:
WTF ! .. I mean really what were you thinking while writing all this :O

+1 recommended strategy in women's groups. Keep the cost/damage low. Stay alive and get the perps later. It's a patriarchal myth that satisfies the egos of weak men which says the physical act of rape (apart from dry penetration which can be painful) in itself is anything more than a nuisance. What women find most disturbing is the control aspect of it (this can be replicated by just holding the woman in a closed elevator when she is on her way to work) and if the girl is young, the psychologial damage. Not to be too crude but if a woman is into it she can exhaust a group of men and walk away happily. This truth is of course quite challenging to the novice penis. :hehe:
:omg:

Today, I was sitting with my co workers for lunch as I do everyday. All of a sudden the topic of change is "gang rapes in India". It was the most shameful moment I could imagine. I didn't want to post in this thread because what has happened is beyond my words. The sorrow can't be described. Also it's extremely shameful that, there is constant flood of similar cases coming from all parts of the country. These bastards should be punished severely.

^ The other day she was complaining that she doesn't have control of the police. WTF, she is the Chief Minister of the state! Rape cases have been happening throughout the NCR region on a regular basis for practically the whole year and this stupid old hag did nothing to stop it. I don't have control over this, don't have control over that, this falls into Joe Blogg's power, that falls into some other dick head's constituency blah blah blah
She literally does not have control over the Delhi police.

Rape survivor airlift was govt., not medical, decision

Experts consulted by the government before transferring the critically-ill Delhi gang rape survivor to Singapore have told The Hindu they were only asked if the patient was fit to be airlifted not if the move was medically advisable. ŵhe question we were asked was whether it would be safe to move her, said one member of the expert team, drawn from doctors at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Govind Ballabh Pant Hospital and Safdarjung Hospital. ŵhe question was not whether there were any deficiencies in treatment that would be met by moving her, he said, adding, Å´he was being given the best possible care. Independent experts have questioned the wisdom of the governmentÃÔ decision to move the 23-year-old woman from Safdarjung hospital. Ū just canÃÕ understand why a critically ill patient with infection in blood and body, high grade fever and on the ventilator is being transferred, said Dr. Samiran Nundy, chairman of the organ transplant and gastro-surgery department of Sir Ganga Ram Hospital. Ūt will take weeks in this case to even look into the possibility of an intestinal transplant so why hurry and take the patient out from a facility which works so well. It seems more of a political move. The final decision to move the woman to Singapore came after she suffered a cardiac arrythmia a sudden drop in her heart rate for five minutes on Tuesday night, leading doctors at Safdarjung Hospital to call in outside experts. The last bulletin issued by the hospital on Wednesday night said she remained unable to breathe without the assistance of a ventilator, continued to battle infection, and suffered from low liver function. Highly-placed government sources said the decision to move the patient had been discussed by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Tuesday, amidst growing concerns about her medical condition. The Singapore High Commission in New Delhi then liaised with Indian authorities to rapidly arrange documentation and admission at the Mt. Elizabeth Hospital. The Delhi High Court had earlier said that the victim, ÅÊf it is possible, should be shifted to a super-speciality hospital. Police sources say the woman suffered massive internal injuries to her intestinal tract, because the assailants sexually assaulted her with a rusted, L-shaped iron rod that was used to operate a jack used to change flat tyres on buses and trucks. However, doctors speaking to The Hindu said they were unsure that moving the patient to Singapore would help in the management of her condition. ŵhere is no question of a transplant at this stage, said Dr. Kaushal Kant Mishra, a senior orthopaedic surgeon at Primus Hospital. ŵhe infection has to be controlled first, and the patient stabilised. I do not understand what the hurry was to take the patient out. Safdarjung Hospital, like other major hospitals in India, have excellent medical facilities and doctors to take care of the critically-ill. Another senior doctor at AIIMS said: Ÿhen the Prime Minister can be treated and operated [here] what is the specific medical need to move a patient to Singapore?. What the government is saying does not seem to add up. Dr. M.C. Misra, head of the JPN Apex Trauma Centre at AIIMS and one of the physicians consulted on the victimÃÔ move to Singapore, said the decision was taken since the patient Ã…Ãeeded only the support of the ventilator for the transfer. The decision, he said, ÅØas ok-ed keeping in mind the best interest of the patient and as directed by the Government. He, however, added that an intestinal transplant right away was out of the question. Å´he is still very critical and the transplant surgery is a long one, lasting over three hours. We arenÃÕ sure that the patient will be able to withstand the procedure in her current medical condition.
http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/rape-survivor-airlift-was-govt-not-medical-decision/article4246109.ece?homepage=true Pardes bhej do, wahan sab achha hota hai ?

What is so surprising that brutal rapes are happening.. i am generalizing but i firmly believe that most indian males are insecure when it comes to females..it is more about overpowering and torturing females to prove their manhood than just satisfying sexual frustration... saala is still a common abuse in our country..it shows that by marrying your sister and getting to sleep with her i have the higher honour and you should better respect me..it shows that the woman is inferior and is a property to own and abuse.. we can make rape laws and fast track courts, but what about this decadent culture of seeing women as inferior...without changing this rapes will be common..at least the rapes which are motivated by male ego and insecurity..

Loosely translating tamil slang, a dented women is one who has had sex with multiple partners. But not sure if Abhijit was alluding to the same meaning when he used the word,.
Pardon my ignorance, but why would an out and out Bengali be mouthing off a semi translation of a Tamil slang? :confused:

Another looney: BSP MP Shafiqur Rehman Barq: Women's clothes provokes rapists Apparently 'European' way of dressing provokes rapists. And this guy is in the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Home Affairs.

Young men are provoked to commit rape because of the way women dress. Since they dress like Europeans, incidents of rape are taking place in the country. Such mishaps happen because of women's provocative clothing. Earlier there was a decency in the way women dressed, but that is missing now
Apparently the rapists were so provoked that they had to hit the evil girl and her companion with rods for an hour. Maybe someone should just slap this guy hard when he utters crap like this. The response should then be that he was provoked to slap the MP because of his stupidity. Followed by: "earlier there used to be some decency in the way MPs spoke, but its all missing now" This incident and its fall out has been an eye opener of sorts. The level of moral bankruptcy in our MPs, our police, our Media and our society in general is unnerving.

Pardon my ignorance' date=' but why would an out and out Bengali be mouthing off a semi translation of a Tamil slang? :confused:[/quote']The guy is actually a mechanical engineer by vocation, so he may be using some slang involving painting and denting objects from his college days.