Deodhar Trophy 2012-13

Ambati Rayudu should play for India. They punished him long enough for choosing to play ICL. He has the temperament to play steadily if situation is tough and can also play the big shots. He has also done well in overseas A tours. He should be ahead of Rohit who has been given 100 chances and couldnt capitalize. Give him a few chances and see how he goes.
Rayudu was little inconsistent in the past but he hasn't done anything wrong this season. Good ranji season backed up by a 150+ runs in IRANI cup and good fighting lone innnings against OZ in tour game and now 75 not out in deodhar final..... I am sure selectors are making note of all this and sundeep patil seems to be a sensible guy......He has taken 2 good decisions so far (Bhuvaneshwar Kumar and Shami). Now, it's time to look beyond Rohit Hope this precious talent doesn't go in vain. This guy seems to have lot of time when playing pace bowlers. And surprisingly can handle short ball very well (So un-indian - very rare)
Impressive uncapped players from this tournament -- Siddharth Kaul' date=' Rasool, Kedar Jadav, Rayudu, Aparajit and Juneja. Chand seems very rash and not ready for the big league yet.[/quote'] I think Unmukt played really well in both the matches. He was standout in terms of the way hey played, out of his nature, grind it out because it has not been easy to bat with the new ball in the morning there. No opener bar him did that well, especially batting first. He was slow to start and that was demand of the conditions. Both Munaf and Unadkat were moving the ball.
Impressive uncapped players from this tournament -- Siddharth Kaul' date=' Rasool, Kedar Jadav, Rayudu, Aparajit and Juneja. Chand seems very rash and not ready for the big league yet.[/quote'] All the names you suggested defnitely are good but we have been hearing about them even before this tournament. For me the talent which emerged from this tournament is Sachin Baby. I believe he can bat even outside the subcontinent. About Kedar - we have to watch him in non subcontinental conditions.
I think Unmukt played really well in both the matches. He was standout in terms of the way hey played, out of his nature, grind it out because it has not been easy to bat with the new ball in the morning there. No opener bar him did that well, especially batting first. He was slow to start and that was demand of the conditions. Both Munaf and Unadkat were moving the ball.
he was dropped many times
he was dropped many times
only one was real chance and that is part and parcel of the game. In Sehwag's 300 at Multan, he was dropped half a dozen times so you cannot deny that saying he was dropped. If Cook was not dropped, he could not have scored 180 in Kolkata.

One positive aspect of Unmukt is his footwork against the spinners especially when he comes down the track. I've yet to see him misjudge a shot when coming down the track. Usually players pad away when beaten coming down the track, he strikes it cleanly.

Rayudu is on a mission it seems. He's been performing in every major domestic competition or even A tour. Knocking on the selector's door is he?
he will be in team soon.. almost got into t20 side (was in squad ) this shows selectors have him on radar and icl is forgotten