The most consistent team of IPL -- Chennai Super Kings -- Discussion thread 2013

Sidhoni

Nehra stopped him but no CSK bowler did that now imagine how good bowling attack CSK has :cantstop:
Honestly, Bisla played a superb innings and CSK had no idea how to stop him.. just like david slaying Goliath.. Imagine, the match went on CSK way, Narine was thrashed, got a good total, took out gambir, bit Bisla totally pwned CSK Things have changed now and CSK is in good form.. and they always learns from mistakes.. No Valthathys and Bislas can stop them now

Honestly, Bisla played a superb innings and CSK had no idea how to stop him.. just like david slaying Goliath.. Imagine, the match went on CSK way, Narine was thrashed, got a good total, took out gambir, bit Bisla totally pwned CSK Things have changed now and CSK is in good form.. and they always learns from mistakes.. No Valthathys and Bislas can stop them now
Yeah. We now have a good pace attack, earlier we just had Bolly. Bolly and Hilfy didn't play together otherwise would have been lethal.

Yeah. We now have a good pace attack' date=' earlier we just had Bolly. Bolly and Hilfy didn't play together otherwise would have been lethal.[/quote'] yeah, we also had Southee, I still believe he shld be retained.. but Dhoni always goes for an allrounder instead of a regular bowler.. OK as it's Morkel/Bravo..

yeah' date=' we also had Southee, I still believe he shld be retained.. but Dhoni always goes for an allrounder instead of a regular bowler.. OK as it's Morkel/Bravo..[/quote'] Hilfy > Southee with his extra bounce & pace. Hilfy/Morkel/Bravo/Hussey are an awesome quartet

Makes no sense to send Bravo at 4. Dhoni should be the no.4, even if CSk management look to send someone like Badri to consolidate, its okay. But, Bravo, Badri, Dhoni at 4,5,6 was a tactical failure. Has to be Dhoni at 4 and Bravo at 5.

without Dhoni.. Bravo will brain fart..i think yesterdays culprit was Jadeja, he was playing well but became over aggressive..just hit a four he should have quietly played it for a single..would have been an easy win. But Pollard was special..gotta give him his match..cant do much about it. Badri needs to be dropped if he is not able to keep his wicket and score 40 odd at 120..go with a striker.

I feel csk are wasting jadeja down the order Hussey Somebody, i doubt Vijay is the solution try out Mukund? Badri Raina Jadeja Dhoni Morkel Ashwin Jakati Nannes Hilfenhaus/Holder /Morris (1) I feel Jadeja is wasted down the order. Should be at 5. I doubt he can become a slogging finisher. (2) The way Johnson bullied Raina, any pitch with something in it for the seamers will mean Raina being up the creek without a paddle. Badri (who should have played a lot more for India) is a technically compact player who can handle good seam bowling. (3) DJ Bravo may get wickets but he is way more expensive. Morkel is the better batsman who can get a few middle overs out of the way. (4) I have always rated Mukund as very good player. Should be backed at CSK IMO (5) Depth in batting for the sake of it does not make any sense. Batting till 8 makes sense and my line up as spin options of Jakati, Ashwin and Jadeja and seam options of Morkel Nannes (and somebody)

I feel csk are wasting jadeja down the order Hussey Somebody, i doubt Vijay is the solution try out Mukund? Badri Raina Jadeja Dhoni Morkel Ashwin Jakati Nannes Hilfenhaus/Holder /Morris (1) I feel Jadeja is wasted down the order. Should be at 5. I doubt he can become a slogging finisher. (2) The way Johnson bullied Raina, any pitch with something in it for the seamers will mean Raina being up the creek without a paddle. Badri (who should have played a lot more for India) is a technically compact player who can handle good seam bowling. (3) DJ Bravo may get wickets but he is way more expensive. Morkel is the better batsman who can get a few middle overs out of the way. (4) I have always rated Mukund as very good player. Should be backed at CSK IMO (5) Depth in batting for the sake of it does not make any sense. Batting till 8 makes sense and my line up as spin options of Jakati, Ashwin and Jadeja and seam options of Morkel Nannes (and somebody)
Morkel and Morris are unavailable. I'll give more games to VJ, he is in form. Mukund is not with CSK IIRC. Raina has to come in at 3, he can play short balls on flat tracks. Bravo shouldn't be bowling at the death, it has to be Nannes/Laughlin. Jaddu is fine where he is.

Raina is very crucial for us to win...he has to get in form and score more...and his fielding standards are also dropping i feel... and our tail looked disastrous yesterday...last 3 looked very bad...could not stick around..could not slog... Jaddu and Ashwin had to perform the duty of allrounders...they couldnt bat

Jeez too much analysing going on I think honestly. Our batters just had a poor day. With Morkel coming in our batting strengthened I don't see anything to really fret about. P.S Also with the 2 new stands packed to full capacity yesterday was easily the biggest and liveliest I can remember. Those two stands add an excellent atmosphere

Chennai Super Kings coach Stephen Fleming said that his side "did not deserve to win this game" after their batsmen were out playing poor shots against Mumbai Indians on Saturday. "I must say the batting was below standards, considering the (batsmen's) experience," Fleming said after the match. "Some of the dismissals were truly out of character. It is not acceptable." He also said that the nine-run loss to Mumbai was a reality check and the Super Kings would back themselves to make things right in their next match against Kings XI Punjab on April 10.
I guess he is talking about Veejay's and Raina's dismissals.. esp, Vijay's overconfidene...

Albie on his way to India Albie Morkel, the South Africa and Chennai Super Kingsallrounder, will be leaving for India today to play in the IPL. There were concerns over Albie's availability after he turned his left ankle while bowling for Titans in the Ram Slam T20 challenge final. However, he tweeted on Monday morning, saying, "Scan went well. Will be on my way to India today."
:yay: Also bringing ABD with him :fear: