Pune Warriors IPL 2013 - Official Thread

Yoda-esque

yeah the Dhoot family (owners of Videocon) are very much ingrained in Marathi life (even though ethnically marwadi) and have been in Maharashtra for generations. I dont think Sahara wanted Pune franchise. It was their second choice (amby valley present) as they wanted it to be Lucknow. But could not due to airports. For me the franchise missed a trick. Rather than simply play at pune , I would have callled it a pan maharahtra franchise and also played games at Nagpur. bigger fan base. Also, i would have got in more players from the Maharashtra and Viderbha associations. While the IPL is not meant to be based on linguistic lines for eg 1-2 players in the playing 11 should be there. Somebody like Kedar Jadhav should have been in the Pune side. It allows the locals to associate with somebody. Mumbai have local mumbaikars sachin and rohit with kulkarni getting a few games every season. In the past mumbai have tried Nayyer Tare Chitnis Rohan Raje etc. CSK have a tamil spine in Badri, Mooli, Ashwin etc. Punjab have many local players like Mandeep and Vohra etc. KKR has Das /Tiwary/Shukla (and formerly Dinda). Sunrisers have the reddy's. So where is the local connect for Pune? Sahara should sell the franchise to the Dhoot family. Plus for god sake sell Dinda. He is the biggest bad luck charm a franchise can have. Give a chance to Wagh, i dont know how good or bad he is but rkt rates him highly.

I see you have already edited your post.:haha: Anyways, your take on the situation is based on some ridiculously emotions than any substance.
I edited it cause i had more to add, the content is the same. and what "ridiculous" emotions are they? Having 1-2 players in the playing 11 who represent the respective state associations is hardly emotional. As things stand Kedar Jadhav is doing quite well at Delhi.

All right guys.The gig is up. PWI are officially the worst team in any sport on the planet. Trolling for this team is a huge burden and has taken a lot out of me. I'll say anything you want me to say. I hereby resign as the PWI co-mascot.

All right guys.The gig is up. PWI are officially the worst team in any sport on the planet. Trolling for this team is a huge burden and has taken a lot out of me. I'll say anything you want me to say. I hereby resign as the PWI co-mascot.
Next year lets hope to pick up a good team :pray: Till then :mi:

This is no fun :mad:

Its pointless to mock the puppies anymore. They’re the softest targets in the world. Its like the jokes that stupid people laugh at. It must be pretty terrible feeling to finish bottom of the table 3 seasons in a row, especially in a league designed to be competitive. It always feel like they have the talent to be competitive, but fall in the last hurdle. There’s always this piece that seems to be missing. And that piece is team chemistry – You can have all the firepower and talent in the world, but if the players don’t get along, then it is going to show on the field. That is why you see the Puppies losing every close game. There’s no trust among the team members, there’s no camerarderie or the sense that players are pulling for each other. Its just one big disparate group who turn up because they have to. #EndTheMiseryAlready

This is no fun :mad:
Sorry Ganno, I enjoyed my battles with you and other chicken fans but the time has come for me to hand over this great PWI legacy to the next generation. Sabby (or whatever he is called now) has long been a poster with quality trolling potential and under the patronage of the great Saurav, I am sure he will make great things happen and continue to antagonize the Chickens. I would like to Thank Saurav and the rest of the fraternity for bestowing upon me this precious honor.Unfortunately,I was not able to live up to their high expectations .I am old and my poor constitution and endless battles with CSK supporters have left me the worse for wear. Needless to say,I will continue to support PWI and its supporters and continue the fight against injustice and racism as epitomized by the CSK fraternity and team. It is time for my pills and I must leave now.

Sorry Ganno, I enjoyed my battles with you and other chicken fans but the time has come for me to hand over this great PWI legacy to the next generation. Sabby (or whatever he is called now) has long been a poster with quality trolling potential and under the patronage of the great Saurav, I am sure he will make great things happen and continue to antagonize the Chickens. I would like to Thank Saurav and the rest of the fraternity for bestowing upon me this precious honor.Unfortunately,I was not able to live up to their high expectations .I am old and my poor constitution and endless battles with CSK supporters have left me the worse for wear. Needless to say,I will continue to support PWI and its supporters and continue the fight against injustice and racism as epitomized by the CSK fraternity and team. It is time for my pills and I must leave now.
dont act like ur 100 years old :headshake: u will always be our mascot and most respectful fan :bow: