The French Open 2013

Cricketics

With one of Ferrer or JWT gonna be in the final, it's the first time since Wimbledon in 2010 (Nadal d Berdych) that someone from outside the "Big Four" will be in a slam final. Have a funny feeling Djoker might just edge Rafa in the other semi, and thus this might be the first year since 2004 that Rafa won't win at least one major.

With one of Ferrer or JWT gonna be in the final, it's the first time since Wimbledon in 2010 (Nadal d Berdych) that someone from outside the "Big Four" will be in a slam final. Have a funny feeling Djoker might just edge Rafa in the other semi, and thus this might be the first year since 2004 that Rafa won't win at least one major.
As solid as Ferrer is it looks like JWT is in the zone and he has a bigger game with better weapons. Id love to see him with a slam. Very unlikely as it is. He will pose a bigger threat to Rafa or Novak so in the interests of a better final we should want him to win.

Starightforward win for Rafa slightly less so for Novak but St sets anyway and we have the semi we all wanted. A fit and fresh Wawrinka might have caused Rafa a few more issues but Rafa would have always won. Novak V Rafa. Tennis does not get any better.

I can't contain my excitement, I can't even sit still. There's a smile that is so big on my face that people will think I just got married. Only one man has the game and the mental ability to take Nadal on at RG, will Djokovic be able to produce? Nadal has definitely upped his game, but everyone knows over the last 2 and a bit years, Djokovic has a huge mental edge over him. I hope Djokovic crushes him, let's wait and see what happens.

Starightforward win for Rafa slightly less so for Novak but St sets anyway and we have the semi we all wanted. A fit and fresh Wawrinka might have caused Rafa a few more issues but Rafa would have always won. Novak V Rafa. Tennis does not get any better.
First time men final would be played ahead of women final. I would put my money on Nadal. He has upped his game right ahead of business end of the tournament. He should overpower Djokovic with a bit of strench unless it is rainy out there. If it rains, clay would get moist and Nadal top spin would not be able to raise balls to uncomfortable shoulder heights of Djokovic. In last years final one set was played in drizzling weather and Djokovic had won that easily. Howerver, this time friday weather forecast is absolutrly sunny for Paris, so it's advantage Nadal :two_thumbs_up:

so it's advantage Nadal :two_thumbs_up:
What of the numerous woopings that Novak has been handing out to Rafa. What about the mental edge? How many times over the last 2 and half years have we heard Rafa fans go on about Rafa's complete game for him to come up against Novak and be taught a lesson or two. Tennis needs Djokovic to win, Rafa's defensive game need's to be put in the gutter. Rafa can't outrally Djokovic and in Djokovic, he's up against the best returner in the game and the best mover out there. I can see why people are making Rafa the ever so slight favourite, but most people with common sense know, Djokovic has a mental edge over Nadal and more importantly has the more complete game, which is why he's number 1 in the world and has been quite dominant since 2011.

^ and when you think that her nearest rival is Maria who she walloped in the Madrid open final, not to mention has a 13-2 head to head lead against her... I dont like Serena and hope Maria wins but cant see it happening

^ and when you think that her nearest rival is Maria who she walloped in the Madrid open final, not to mention has a 13-2 head to head lead against her... I dont like Serena and hope Maria wins but cant see it happening
why do you not like Serena?

Djoker vs Rafa. Hahaha. People would call this a final. I hope they do and hopefully all are left shocked seeing one of Ferrer/Tsonga beating either Djoker/Nadal in final. Hard to see that happen but shall be great for tennis if one of the two can win. May be French crowd can carry Tsonga to championship? He is playing terrific tennis. Ferrer, meanwhile the forver no. 4 deserves every bit of it.

Serena is the most dominant tennis player ever' date='no woman can beat her when she is playing at her best.[/quote'] Yeah. I have no doubt that she is best ever women tennis player. As Sooda mentioned in other post her nearest rival is Sharapova whom she has beaten 11 times consecutively. Saturday would be 12th. Her fitness has been her only competitor for last few years.