Best sedan in India under 10 lakhs?

Bublu Bhuyan

Wow. That is expensive. Didn't know my car is that expensive back home. I am proud "_"
Almost all cars in India are priced like sh!t, God knows why. I found during my most recent trip that my Range Rover sport costs an astronomical 80 lakhs in India!!! 80 effin lakhs! Who do they hire to make the cars? The Pope and Nelson Mandela!? Isnt labor supposed to be cheap in India? :dontknow:

Almost all cars in India are priced like sh!t, God knows why. I found during my most recent trip that my Range Rover sport costs an astronomical 80 lakhs in India!!! 80 effin lakhs! Who do they hire to make the cars? The Pope and Nelson Mandela!? Isnt labor supposed to be cheap in India? :dontknow:
You own a Range Rover?:omg:

Its probably the import duty. If all they do in India is assembly, the duty is probably the reason. Not the case if most of the parts are manufactured in India.

That is because of value of Rupee-Dollar differences and high taxes on imported equipments. A large number of big cars like Range Rover are not manufactured but imported and import duty goes to 200%.

I want a range rover sport too:((

Please please please tell me you got the GT. A TSI-DSG combo is some serious awesomeness.
No :P I didn't want to spend around 10L on the Polo esp considering I wouldn't be driving it much (for mom and bro), Its a 1.2L Comfortline Petrol, Ill upload some images later. Also in a couple of years I might need to upgrade my sedan too so have to take that into consideration. Yaar, tu aisa mat bol, I love my toyota, Its a very sentimental car to me, lots of memories, its been 10 years now :D I would need your views on a compact hatch too, for a female (Not very expensive)

You own a Range Rover?:omg:
Yes I do, homie. Its an utter beast. :proud:
Its probably the import duty. If all they do in India is assembly' date=' the duty is probably the reason. Not the case if most of the parts are manufactured in India.[/quote'] I get the logic, I just don’t get the pricing. Cars should not be costing 40 times the average per capita income of the population (which is what 80 lakhs in India translates into). People should not be forced to make a decision between having to buy a car or having to buy a house. I never really understood the pricing structure used by Indian companies selling consumer goods. A big part of a company’s expense is labor costs. Granted, labor costs in India are rising, but they are still probably a quarter of what it is, in the West. Indian companies are not burdened with the same kind of retirement and benefits packages that Western companies have to give their employees. They don’t have to give them the same kind of expensive paid time-offs that workers in the West get. Then why are goods sold in India, literally priced the same as the equivalent good sold in the West? If you do get one, be prepared to refuel every 200 yards. :((