Miss NY becomes the 1st Indian descent contestant to win the Miss America Pageant -- Shocking feedback

Texy

she shouldnt have performed on bolly songs, if you ask me. If I were pure American.. I would have commented like that too. It is an insult to see Bolly song on Miss America Pageant.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:.........that is such an oxymoron.......

Well to be honest,those tweets are highly provoking,calling her miss 9-11 and miss al qaeeda shows,the sentiments of some of the ignorant Americans towards Asians ,when they forget that the biggest terrorist this world has seen is America itself,who in name of war,is trying to capture natural resources of other countries,not to forget,the opportunistic nature of uncle Sam as well,they love to stick their leg in every matter,a famous saying in punjabi comes to my mind, Gundey kardey chaakri,tey bandi ran pardhan,rab deeya baiparwaiya,Hun kuttey khaun malaiya.

Yes there is.. if it was some kind of American Diversity culture show then yeahh no problem.. but this was Miss America If 10 years from now a bangladeshi girl represents west bengal in Miss India contest while performs some kind of bangla traditional dance or whatever. and wins Miss India contest, most of you lot will say the same thing. Ppl calling her Terrorist and Arabic are just dumb so not talking about them.. Am talking about those who are saying "This is not Miss India.. " If you support Modi then you should understand where these Americans are coming from cuz I see a lot of parallelism here. Modi is nationalist and these Americans are nationalist too..
Dude there is nothing called "American" dance. You see Bollywood as a dance category in several dance competitions in the US and it is slowly becoming as main stream as any other type of dance. The issue is people are used to seeing just Caucasians and rarely few African Americans in Miss USA pageants in the past, so this is going to take a bit of getting used to. I liked this tweet in particular:
KatieBoBatie • 8 hours ago My family tuned in just in time for the talent portion last night and I have to say, we were blown away by Nina Davuluri's dance performance. It was so different from ANYTHING you would expect at the Miss America pageant, and she also managed to combine her heritage with beauty, skill, and athleticism. She earned that crown!
Now that is the true America which appreciates the best no matter where it originates from.

Dude there is nothing called "American" dance. You see Bollywood as a dance category in several dance competitions in the US and it is slowly becoming as main stream as any other type of dance. The issue is people are used to seeing just Caucasians and rarely few African Americans in Miss USA pageants in the past, so this is going to take a bit of getting used to. I liked this tweet in particular: Now that is the true America which appreciates the best no matter where it originates from.
India also made an american - lauren gottlieb almost win jhalak dikhla ja, she didn't even know hindi. I mean india also isn't bad in this regard.