Rohit Sharma is sucking the momentum out of India

G_B_

Brilliant knock today. Anti-Rohit folks can take rest today and for few. Rohit has been really good in this tournament. Fantastic start given today in a crunch game. As said before, one of the best t20 players, not just of India, but in the world.
Hold on. That was a good innings by his own standards not by international standard. You can't hit the ball to moon after scoring 20s, 30s,
Hold on. That was a good innings by his own standards not by international standard. You can't hit the ball to moon after scoring 20s' date=' 30s,[/quote'] It's twenty20, crunch knock out game, and we are needing 170+, something which we haven't scored in this tournament. He tried to give the best possible start, and he has given it. He did play a poor shot to get out, but his intention was to find another boundary and keep attacking the south africans and put pressure on their bowlers. He was successful in doing that before getting out. One shouldn't be complaining about this after knowing it.
It's twenty20, crunch knock out game, and we are needing 170+, something which we haven't scored in this tournament. He tried to give the best possible start, and he has given it. He did play a poor shot to get out, but his intention was to find another boundary and keep attacking the south africans and put pressure on their bowlers. He was successful in doing that before getting out. One shouldn't be complaining about this after knowing it.
If he had done that once in a while, or first time your point is valid. He does it all the time . He made his T20 debut in 2007 before Kohli. Look where they stand.
If he had done that once in a while' date=' or first time your point is valid. He does it all the time . He made his T20 debut in 2007 before Kohli. Look where they stand.[/quote'] Yeah, but the comparison is not needed. Kohli and ABDV are class apart and are in best form of their best forms. Rohit is just coming out of worst face and getting better and playing the way he should be. We shouldn't compare the two. Just enjoy what our players are doing at the respective positions they are batting at.
Yeah, but the comparison is not needed. Kohli and ABDV are class apart and are in best form of their best forms. Rohit is just coming out of worst face and getting better and playing the way he should be. We shouldn't compare the two. Just enjoy what our players are doing at the respective positions they are batting at.
I don't expect to improve. This is a bad approach. If you want to produce big knocks consistently you need to learn to beat the field without relying on lofted shots. Till such time his performance will be like this.
I don't expect to improve. This is a bad approach. If you want to produce big knocks consistently you need to learn to beat the field without relying on lofted shots. Till such time his performance will be like this.
:hysterical: lofted shots? Really thas the only shots you see Rohit ever play......sure

He gave us a great start today but thats about it. We can never expect him to play an innings like how Virat played today. I do not think he has that kind of temperament in him. Even Ganguly mentioned that couple of games ago, with Virat once he is settled you know he will never look like getting out but with Rohit it is exactly the opposite. Even if he is set he will take one risk too many and try to play a million dollar shot and get out. Unless he solves that problem he will never become a better cricketer, i was a huge fan when he came into the scene but 7 years later he still hasnt matured as a dependable batsman which is very sad.

He gave us a great start today but thats about it. We can never expect him to play an innings like how Virat played today. I do not think he has that kind of temperament in him. Even Ganguly mentioned that couple of games ago, with Virat once he is settled you know he will never look like getting out but with Rohit it is exactly the opposite. Even if he is set he will take one risk too many and try to play a million dollar shot and get out. Unless he solves that problem he will never become a better cricketer, i was a huge fan when he came into the scene but 7 years later he still hasnt matured as a dependable batsman which is very sad.
He is slightly a refined version of Afridi. No wonder Pakistan fans have a soft corner for Rohit sharma.
He is slightly a refined version of Afridi. No wonder Pakistan fans have a soft corner for Rohit sharma.
I think the problem is he is just too confident about his ability to clear boundaries. He loves the short arm pull, he has pulled even the best bowlers to 6s but he has got out many a times playing that shot as well. Mohammad Talha getting him out in the Asia cup is the best example for the above point, that was not that short at all but he felt he could clear the boundary and went for it. Again his dismissal today, i can remember many occasions where he has dispatched the same good length deliveries over long off for 6 but it led to his downfall today. I do not know how one can make him understand this and ask him to improve his shot selection because this is something batsmen figure out on their own and even after 7 years he has still not done that. He is our very own Shaun Marsh :((
When he played till 20 over people said we want quick starts and when he gave a quick start they say he should stay till the end.:facepalm:
After all these experience, you expect something like that from him, no? This was a good knock though. Gave us a perfect start to the chase.