Modi sarkar economic reforms/governance performance thread

FischerTal

hatred of anything that has even a remote link with hindu religion. raghav is perfect example of this
Naipaul in million mutinies, writes about a small meeting/interview with Vishwa Nath - founder of Caravan magazine. Nath comes out saying explicitly, WTF were the brahmins doing when India was being ravaged left right and centre. In that moment, one of the foremost libtards, betrays his hatred towards Islam. Ofcourse, he puts the blame on the home team as any helpless person would do. Defeated people's first inclination is finding fault in their own. Problem with the libtards is, all they have been doing is finding/conjuring faults in their own. By doing this, libtards are admitting that they have no solutions towards nation building. Now it is up to the hindus to roll up their sleeves and jump in. Otherwise, keep crying woe is me from the sidelines.

Log off from ICF. Get a book of Sanskrit Shlokas' date=' recite for one hour without understanding single word of that. Do that daily morning for 6 days. You'll realize whether that is torture, harassment or not. If catholic schools force Children to read Bible for same lengthy duration, they are equally wrong.[/quote'] The amount that you crib about your school is insane. Be grateful for what you are thanks to your school. The fact that you are able to pay bills and be able to fund abusing them publicly on a forum. I am extremely grateful to my alma mater and take immense pride in being an allumnus. What I am today is because of them. And I don't go about publicly degrading them.

Why didn't you go to another school .rss schools didn't force you to go to their school. The decision was yours or yours parents. Go blame them for your perceived misfortune which I doubt exists. My younger brother was also in rss schools of Odisha. He wasn't or isn't whining. He is a pretty liberal person like many of his friends.neither of them cringe about rss like you nor Muslims which according to you they are being taught to hate.

^^Sanskrit will not work. Not practical. We can only chant shlokas in temples and cannot be used to practically converse and do business. This is not because of Dravidian pride' date=' but pragmatism.[/quote'] Nonsense. Learning a language is not just to do business. There is a fantastic body of work available in sanskrit. Having learnt it till my 10th, I can vouch that it has helped shape my attitude towards life, spirituality etc. Education is not just about a tool to earn one's livelihood, we need rounded citizens, not just MBA rats.

APJ Abdul Kalam on sanskrit:

"Though I am not an expert in Sanskrit, I have many friends who are proficient in Sanskrit. Sanskrit is a beautiful language. It has enriched our society from time immemorial. Today many nations are trying to research Sanskrit writings which are there in our ancient scriptures. I understand that there is a wealth of knowledge available in Sanskrit which scientists and technologists are finding today," he said. "There is a need to carry out research on our Vedas, particularly Atharvana Veda, for eliciting valuable information in science and technology relating to medicine, flight sciences, material sciences and many other related fields. Cryptology is another area where Sanskrit language is liberally used," he added. He suggested that the Sanskrit Vidyapeetam, apart from their academic activity, should take up the task of locating missing literature in Sanskrit available on palm leaves spread in different parts of the country so that these could be documented and preserved. He suggested that they should avail the help of digital technology for documenting those scriptures both in audio and video form which can be preserved as long term wealth for use by many generations. He asked the Sanskrit Vidyapeetam to should go into details of lives of great scholars, poets, epic creators like Valmiki, Veda Vyasa, Kalidasa and Panini. He wanted the Vidyapeetam to invite well-known Sanskrit scholars so that they can stay and interact with the students for a certain period. "This will provide an opportunity for students to interact and get enriched in Sanskrit and Vedas," he noted.

The amount that you crib about your school is insane. Be grateful for what you are thanks to your school. The fact that you are able to pay bills and be able to fund abusing them publicly on a forum. I am extremely grateful to my alma mater and take immense pride in being an allumnus. What I am today is because of them. And I don't go about publicly degrading them.
Anything about education and Raghav starts talking how he was tortured in his RSS school, taught wrong things etc. etc. :haha:

Learning a language means reciting of shlokas for an hour?? I distinctly recall they would start with first set of Shloksa knowns as Prata Smaran, then another set Ekatmata Strotam, then Ekta Mantra. Then Saraswati Vandana (in Sanskrit) followed by one in Hindi. Then Gayatri Mantra. Then some jap, then some meditation, then OM chanting then Shanti Mantra. Then during recess Bhojan Mantra. This is learning of language. Are you kidding? It's all just atrocious. Just wonder why something like CRY doesn't go after these schools for such harassment.
Those shlokas are not part of learning sanskrit. They are prayers before school starts. Prayers happens in every school. What's wrong with that? They do Saraswati vandana in Sanskrit too.

In the process of solidifying this hatred he has also managed to convince himself that he had a traumatic schooling in an RSS school.
I studied in an RSS school too, I didn't find anything wrong there and inspite of all religious stuff like prayers Raghav talked about, I am an atheist. I didn't hate any of this. He needs to understand he might not have liked them, but then he will be in minority because most parents would send their kids there because of these things, the discipline they learn, the competitiveness these schools have in their environment, care they do for each student. No other school does it.

I have studied in convent school. Everyday I had to pray to Jesus during assembly and before final examination we were given Bible to read. Whatever I am today is due to that school, I beleive in their ideology or not is secondary but never ever will I criticize the school which gave me knowledge and help me grow up.

I studied in both Christian and an RSS school. They had prayer for Jesus in Christian school, used to go to church which was there within school, still have no problem with that too. in A Saraswati school , we had these prayers in the morning for half an hour, no issue with them too. They never taught us hatred towards any particular religion or community.

I studied in an RSS school too' date=' I didn't find anything wrong there and inspite of all religious stuff like prayers Raghav talked about, I am an atheist. I didn't hate any of this. He needs to understand he might not have liked them, but then he will be in minority because most parents would send their kids there because of these things, the discipline they learn, the competitiveness these schools have in their environment, care they do for each student. No other school does it.[/quote'] I fail to understand his logic behind hating the RSS school for asking him to follow school customs.......if he strongly feels that his parents were forcing him to go to that school against his will.....then he should bring it up with his parents........I don't know who he thinks he is that he expects the school to adjust their activities as per his whims and fancies........ Let me share a personal experience similar to Raghav's.......I grew up in a Roman Catholic family and my parents enrolled my sister and myself in Catechism (Sunday school) from a young age........we had no choice but to attend.........at the age of 12 was when I really started developing a feeling of dislike towards Christianity.......there was one particular incident which got the ball rolling........I haven't looked back ever since........ I had to do Catechism till I was 15 and during the final year or so, it more or less became an opportunity to keep tabs on my crush :giggle: on a weekly basis.......I don't hate my parents for what they did though.......they did what they felt was right and in my best interests.......and I'm better off with the experience as I was able to witness first hand the Catholic pseudo-spiritual non-sense.......the Catechism experience and 1 year worth of Art History was what it took really........there are two days though where it is good to be Catholic.........First Holy Communion and Confirmation........because on those occasions we get gifts and lots of money......as well as party :dance:.......

I studied in both Christian and an RSS school. They had prayer for Jesus in Christian school' date=' used to go to church which was there within school, still have no problem with that too. in A Saraswati school , we had these prayers in the morning for half an hour, no issue with them too. They never taught us hatred towards any particular religion or community.[/quote'] People not comfortable with the indigenous ethos..it's just that way with us

lol at people talking about self hate and heritage. My heritage is in kannada. That is what i should learn if i want to know myself and my history better and not a kichidi of many languages in a superficial manner. The situation is the same for a lot of people in India, and sorry we are not going extinct any time soon. Israel is a chota newbie country which was created from scratch with people arriving from all over europe and the rest of the world to make a new life in. They wanted be part of a new country and have a new identity as israelis and not be germans, english or american anymore. How can you compare that to India where people have been living for thousands of years and speaking a particular language, but lo behold RSS now wants everybody to speak sanskrit/hindi . So we should all listen.

I studied in an RSS school too' date=' I didn't find anything wrong there and inspite of all religious stuff like prayers Raghav talked about, I am an atheist. I didn't hate any of this. He needs to understand he might not have liked them, but then he will be in minority because most parents would send their kids there because of these things, the discipline they learn, the competitiveness these schools have in their environment, care they do for each student. No other school does it.[/quote']

some ridiculous arguments from raghav the little bit on sanskirt I know from the gayatri mantra I certainly do know the meaning of. I am sure many children will be inspired to learn the meaning behind them. Even a liberal country like the UK where freedom of speech is paramount, the official state religion is Anglican based on the church of England. This guy has a heartache with sanskirt in India? You think most know the real meaning of latin?

Nonsense. Learning a language is not just to do business. There is a fantastic body of work available in sanskrit. Having learnt it till my 10th, I can vouch that it has helped shape my attitude towards life, spirituality etc. Education is not just about a tool to earn one's livelihood, we need rounded citizens, not just MBA rats.
Fair enough, aficionados can find a way to learn the enjoy the richness of any language. My point is why should it be made compulsory? I like the Urdu language in a similar way and I wish to learn it. We are compulsorily taught languages - English, Local language and a third one just so that we can function in this society and improve IQ, learn about literature, etc. I don''t understand why should any other language be made compulsory for students to learn. Apart from learning about the vastness of a language, other languages do have some use in your life. Sanskrit is not in the category.

Fair enough' date=' aficionados can find a way to learn the enjoy the richness of any language. My point is why should it be made compulsory? I like the Urdu language in a similar way and I wish to learn it. We are compulsorily taught languages - English, Local language and a third one just so that we can function in this society and improve IQ, learn about literature, etc. I don''t understand why should any other language be made compulsory for students to learn. Apart from learning about the vastness of a language, other languages do have some use in your life. Sanskrit is not in the category.[/quote'] again for the last time, Sanskirt is a gateway language to multiple Indian languages. It shares the same script as Konkani Marathi and Hindi. What more use to you want from it? Secondly people need to be practical. Offering choice means expenses skyrocket. This is not an ice cream shop offering 200 plus flavours. Cost considerations do come into it. There is a good chance that current teachers of Hindi and Marathi etc can easily be retrained to teach sanskirt due to the link in languages. In England for example you are restricted to English French Spanish. That's it. Nobody offers you Japanese cause it would cost a hell of a lot. These three languages are chosen cause of the number of speakers in the world. Its the same reason why the communist party of china forced down standard mandarin. Because of integration and secondly it was cheaper to pick one language and teach it well at a time when money was tight.

The long term plan of china is to do a red indian on all its minority langauges and minority populations. How is that okay for india? They even have a nice term for it. Sinicization
even Pakistan is doing the same thing with Urdu. Its hardly just china. Various countries have found it efficient to simply stick to one major language.