Modi sarkar economic reforms/governance performance thread

FischerTal

Modi was the CM of a state before becoming the PM. We are allowed to judge him based on that performance.
Oh Really! Whole of the country judged him on the basis of same and gave him full majority. I know you are not judging him on the basis of performance or else you would be having high regards for him. You have judged him on the basis of a perception of 2002 riots which was created by people like Outty.For 10 years they shouted , "This man is killer", "He is a genocidal maniac". Niether I am gujarati nor you(my guess). The best judge what was his role was left to the people of that state and the judiciary , both showed faith on him so its none of our business to defame a democratically elected CM but instead what happened was people like Outty created a wrong impression of the whole state, whole system, whole judiciary to prove their point. Now he is trying to do the same while this man is PM. He will be creating a perception on basis of one odd incidents in one billion population. He would never want us to discuss on facts and figures. Their would be many hhuuuhh who would beleive him and the story will continue. But while doing this, knowingly or unknowingly like he created wrong impression of one of the state of India he will be creating the same impression about whole country. Let me give you an example, the Pune Techie unfortunate incident happened before swearing in ceremony of Modi, what Outy did was he took it as an opportunity and wrote "What is this government doing beside everyday killing of Muslims". This exact phrase was took from here by a Pakistani poster and he was able to fill people on his country with more hatred citing the example, "See what Indians are doing to innocent muslims". This my friend is wrong. Aur jo galat hai wo galat hai , if he is doing this because he is a chewtiya, I have no objections. IF he is doing anyways knowing the implications he has soft corner towards anti Indian establishments.

Planning commission renamed as Niti Aayog... (National Institution for Transforming India). Its Governing Council will comprise State Chief Ministers and Lt. Governors of Union Territories. The Prime Minister will appoint the Aayog’s Vice-Chairperson and CEO. Asian Development Bank’s Former Chief Economist Arvind Panagariya is tipped to be the first Vice Chairperson. Hope its just not a change in name.
economist Bibek Debroy & former DRDO chief VK Saraswat are the full time members ..

Google ready to help India implement PM Modi’s “Digital India” initiative

NEW DELHI: Google is ready to help India implement Prime Minister Narendra Modi's "Digital India" initiative, and the government has a well laid out plan to realise it, said Google's Chief Internet Evangelist Vinton G. Cerf. Cerf was speaking at a seminar organised by Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry ( FICCI) here on Tuesday. "It is very clear that the private sector is going to have to play a major role, but it won't work unless basic infrastructure that government proposes to bring in is put into place," he said, adding that Google was in "early stage of discussion" to discuss ways to increase Internet penetration in the country Digital India is a Rs 1.13-lakh crore government initiative that seeks to transform the country into a connected economy, attract investment in electronics manufacturing, and create millions of jobs and support trade. Cerf, a computer scientist widely known as one of the fathers of the Internet, said the new Indian government and its initiatives such as Digital India were "very refreshing and exciting". He appreciated the government's plans to improve Internet infrast especially its plans to expand Internet penetration in the villages. "My impression after two days discussions is you (the government) already have a well laid out plan. Now you have to execute. The passion is clearly there, the energy is clearly there," he said. Read more at: http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/45783156.cms?utm_source=FBM&utm_medium=ETFBMain&utm_campaign=FBETMain&utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

A chance to fly India has a rare opportunity to become the world’s most dynamic big economy http://www.economist.com/news/leaders/21644145-india-has-rare-opportunity-become-worlds-most-dynamic-big-economy-chance-fly?fsrc=scn/tw/te/pe/ed/achancetofly This Budget really will be important. I'm quite hopeful of Reforms 2.0 - lets see what Jaitley comes up with.

Modi needs to grow a pair seriously. Absolute majority in LS, so many states under BJP control and yet he doesn't have the guts to even mention Shimoga riots in passing. It seems this guy is no worse than leaders of Congress,JDU,RJD,DMK etc.We all know how biased our media is, only way to put the spotlight on South Indian jihaadi outfits is if PM opens his mouth. No he is busy consoling Christians for theft of handbags, Limca bottles, Hajmola candy like items from Delhi churches as though these are communal incidents. Losing hope day by day, Modi isn't the messiah, we need a military coup to stop this jihaadi nonsense from our soil.

Modi needs to grow a pair seriously. Absolute majority in LS' date=' so many states under BJP control and yet he doesn't have the guts to even mention Shimoga riots in passing. It seems this guy is no worse than leaders of Congress,JDU,RJD,DMK etc.We all know how biased our media is, only way to put the spotlight on South Indian jihaadi outfits is if PM opens his mouth. No he is busy consoling Christians for theft of handbags, Limca bottles, Hajmola candy like items from Delhi churches as though these are communal incidents. Losing hope day by day, Modi isn't the messiah, we need a military coup to stop this jihaadi nonsense from our soil.[/quote'] If he calls a spade a spade, you know what the secular and liberal media are going to say.

Modi needs to grow a pair seriously. Absolute majority in LS' date=' so many states under BJP control and yet he doesn't have the guts to even mention Shimoga riots in passing. It seems this guy is no worse than leaders of Congress,JDU,RJD,DMK etc.We all know how biased our media is, only way to put the spotlight on South Indian jihaadi outfits is if PM opens his mouth. No he is busy consoling Christians for theft of handbags, Limca bottles, Hajmola candy like items from Delhi churches as though these are communal incidents. Losing hope day by day, Modi isn't the messiah, we need a military coup to stop this jihaadi nonsense from our soil.[/quote'] I would want him to concentrate on developing our country and security forces to deal with this. Pm shouldn't get involved in this name calling. He should be a leader take people along with him. We should be more concerned about our development Than the negative things surrounding us. And the last sentence why do you want military it's like most padosis ask for.

Most businessmen that TOI correspondents have spoken to over the past few months - including a few who do not necessarily agree with everything that the government has done - say there's been a conscious effort to curb corruption, at least in the upper reaches of government
I can speak of at least the economic ministries, and I've heard this about defence too — ministers and top bureaucrats don't ask for anything when you go to meet them. There isn't even a hint of any expectation of an under-the-table quid pro quo," a prominent businessman told this paper recently during an informal chat. "There's no longer a sense that it'll cost you to get a favourable hearing in government. Many of the senior ministers, starting from the finance minister, are people of integrity," another top industrialist told TOI, before adding with a laugh, "And some who might be tempted to stray from the straight and narrow are s*** scared of the Prime Minister."
In the finance ministry, for instance, there were a few corporate affairs executives who would enter North Block around 11 am and spend the entire day sitting with low-ranking babus or chatting up peons to check on the status of various proposals. These people are no longer in evidence. Similarly, a prominent businessman who had a regular routine for meeting ministers and senior bureaucrats in the previous administration seems to have cut down on his travel to the capital. Even bosses of public sector organisations, including banks, were more or less told that they should avoid visiting their administrative ministries unless they had been invited for a specific meeting, or "hang around" with flowers and bouquets. Several ministries have installed CCTVs to keep tabs on movements.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Top-level-corruptions-down-in-Modi-govt-fingers-crossed-India-Inc/articleshow/46328407.cms

I bet these "Industrialists" are most likely Ambani and Adani. Or most likely from Gujrat where this hypocrite Modi donated thousands of crores of government money on low interest loans to big businesses.
What is wrong in granting low interest money to big businesses if : There is guarantee of repayment there is guarantee of employment generation there is guarantee of development and contribution to the economy? What the government would ideally want to do, but can't do due to various factors, like absence of people to micro manage the project, chances of corruption/theft and wastage, delays etc etc, it is 'outsourcing' to the private sector. Since there is profit motive involved, and private participation, it is guaranteed that the funds will be used judiciously, and from viewpoint of the govt, chances of wastage is much less. I don't understand this stupid stance against business men.

I bet these "Industrialists" are most likely Ambani and Adani. Or most likely from Gujrat where this hypocrite Modi donated thousands of crores of government money on low interest loans to big businesses.
Screw the industrialists :protest: GOI should follow Mamata Banerjee's lead and tell these evil Industrialists to go take a hike :protest: These industrialists should be forced out of the country, taking along with them crores of jobs, revenue and technology :protest: We should all sit in our homes and continue to man handlooms. Sab ko roz Rs. 300 milegi. :two_thumbs_up:

What is wrong in granting low interest money to big businesses if : There is guarantee of repayment there is guarantee of employment generation there is guarantee of development and contribution to the economy? What the government would ideally want to do, but can't do due to various factors, like absence of people to micro manage the project, chances of corruption/theft and wastage, delays etc etc, it is 'outsourcing' to the private sector. Since there is profit motive involved, and private participation, it is guaranteed that the funds will be used judiciously, and from viewpoint of the govt, chances of wastage is much less. I don't understand this stupid stance against business men.
It's the effect of decades long subversion through various media. Capitalism is seen as some sort of a sin. Faux austerity, protest and revolt for social justice is what is hip.

including a few who do not necessarily agree with everything that the government has done
At least read article properly rather than just start blabbering the moment you saw Modi's name :cantstop:

This is called Corporate Welfare i.e benefiting only those industrialists who donate to your campaigns and paybacks. OTOH nothing for small and medium sized enterprises. The loan is never guaranteed repayment shows how stupid you are who never ran a business. If that business goes bankrupt or files Chapter 11 restructuring - the debtors will never get their money back - they will be happy if they get 20% back. Proof is in Ambani getting saved a million times when in trouble - several businessmen procuring thousands of crores in loans just when they were on thr verge of failing - thanks to political donations. Check Vijay Mallya - they left him to rot as he has does not indulge in political paybacks for his Kingfisher airlines. You are either fair to all or dont do it. Modi is a dishonest POS - talks about corruption but was happy to go on Ambani private jet while campaigning. I would have no issue but he acts like hes different and honest and that irks me. How is this different from Pranab Mukherjee and his ilk who sold their souls to industrialists to get ahead at the expense of thr country?

It's the effect of decades long subversion through various media. Capitalism is seen as some sort of a sin. Faux austerity, protest and revolt for social justice is what is hip.
Have you ever ran a business before? Dont be such a tool with snarky comments - seen you do this all the time. Either backup your statements with insightful discussion or shut up. You are adding no value here on the politics forum.