India hint at five-bowler strategy

Ausralia dominated world cricket with 6 batsman and 4 bowlers Same with windies. If 4 bowlers are not good enough, chucking in a part time bowler like binny to make 5 wont make any difference. Strategy to win, which is how we got to number 1 is bat and pile on big totals with 6 front line batters. This will create runs to play with and score board pressure for the 4 bowlers to chip away and get the wickets. Make them bat on day 4 or 5 picth with our runs on boars and hopefully spinner can do the job. You need 6 batters. You forget laxman at 6 and how many times he saves us and piled on the runs. Just imagine if in that period we had binny at 6 instead of laxman:hysterical:
yaar try and understand.things have changed a lot in the last 10years,players play more matches in a calender year especially with these t20 leagues going around the world and more and more meaningless odis.its imperative to play with 5 bowlers in tests especially long series and to manage the workload of the frontline pacers, teams have understood this. india have done jack going with 4 bowlers and especially with 'thakele',overage pacers in the last 4-5 away tours.its time we play more positively and with 5 bowlers.we need to be more bowler sensitive in this era
Ok KT, its very rare you make a non hate fuelled rational statement so let us discuss. We need an allrounder, desperately. We need the 5th bowler but we need the rear guard action when going in with 5 main batsmen, as you mentioned relying on only 5 is risky. In essence what we need is an allrounder. A seaming all rounder is essential when we tour Eng, Aus and the WC in Aus!! Ideally this should have been Pathan but.......:(( I fully agree Binny is a sifarshi player. Had he not been father Binny's offspring then he would not have made it into FC cricket as well!! But the requirement is definitely there. If Binny succeeds then its great, thats the only reason Im routing for him. The only seam bowling all rounder in a country of a BILLION!!
Well if so desperate for all rounder( I disagree as need 6 proper batsman). Play ashwin as spinner all rounder(at least can get in team on bowling alone). Then pick 4 proper seamers. Or play Jadeja as that. Why does everyone want the truly rubbish binny is beyond me. If people want 5 bowlers, then why are they including binny as one of 5 bowlers!!!
Well if so desperate for all rounder( I disagree as need 6 proper batsman). Play ashwin as spinner all rounder(at least can get in team on bowling alone). Then pick 4 proper seamers. Or play Jadeja as that.# Why does everyone want the truly rubbish binny is beyond me
:two_thumbs_up: The mentality of even thinking binny is an allrounder and an option is beyond me.
Well if so desperate for all rounder( I disagree as need 6 proper batsman). Play ashwin as spinner all rounder(at least can get in team on bowling alone). Then pick 4 proper seamers. Or play Jadeja as that.# Why does everyone want the truly rubbish binny is beyond me
KT, do you remember your Jadeja thread ? :giggle:
Whats the harm if we play him,we're gonna lose another test match?so whats new in that. Atleast if he's exposed the team will be rid of him.
Well if that's the attitude, play me. I fancy a game. I can bowl a bit, bat a bit, according to ICF that makes me the seaming all rounder we crave. I mean, I agree cant get in to team on bowling or batting alone but we need the all rounder, so I am the man
Well if that's the attitude' date=' play me. I fancy a game. I can bowl a bit, bat a bit, according to ICF that makes me the seaming all rounder we crave. I mean, I agree cant get in to team on bowling or batting alone but we need the all rounder, so I am the man[/quote'] Do you have any family members in the selection committee?:giggle: Whats the alternative?carry him around the world in test and odi setup?
Depends who your dad is. Not on selection committee' date=' then your not in[/quote'] i read on cricinfo that then Binny Jr. was being disscussed,Binny Sr. walked out of the room. Binny Jr. was picked by the brain dead selectors even without the influence of his dad.It's scary to think that they think this way :fear: