Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

What makes this Indian Fast bowling Battery special IMO is that we are able to  regularly win / dominate in big test matches away from home despite having non-existent middle order batting in the last 2 years 

Bumrah, Siraj and Shami are indeed special in terms of both ability and mindset. 

yes, they are winning despite the continual pressure exerted by non-performers.

8 hours ago, express bowling said:

Did they show a Speed list on TV ?

If yes then what are the Fastest for the other quicks ?

No they didnt, atleast not while I was watching , A comment appeared on screen along with the speeds for that Bumrah delivery; Other quick ones I noted were Rabada 143 Ngidi 142 and Jansen 144

Siraj has been bowling 140+ every now and then

1 hour ago, Forward Defence said:

No they didnt, atleast not while I was watching , A comment appeared on screen along with the speeds for that Bumrah delivery; Other quick ones I noted were Rabada 143 Ngidi 142 and Jansen 144

Siraj has been bowling 140+ every now and then

The Fastest I saw so far

1st innings

Bumrah.  144 kph

Rabada.   142 kph

Jansen.    142 kph

Ngidi.       142 kph

Siraj.        140 kph

Shami.     140 kph

2nd innings so far

Bumrah.   144 kph

Jansen.    144 kph

Rabada.    143 kph

Siraj.         142 kph

Ngidi.        141 kph

Shami.      139 kph .... Has a shoulder niggle

Seems like speed gun readings are a tad on the lower side.

3 hours ago, express bowling said:

The Fastest I saw so far

1st innings

Bumrah.  144 kph

Rabada.   142 kph

Jansen.    142 kph

Ngidi.       142 kph

Siraj.        140 kph

Shami.     140 kph

2nd innings so far

Bumrah.   144 kph

Jansen.    144 kph

Rabada.    143 kph

Siraj.         142 kph

Ngidi.        141 kph

Shami.      139 kph .... Has a shoulder niggle

Seems like speed gun readings are a tad on the lower side.

Doesn't look like as Jansen clocked 144 which is his usual pace and it's hot there as well.

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

Indian Fast bowlers need to use a bit more hostility and pace after lunch ... like they did yesterday. They need to think like Fast Bowlers.

This morning, they just bowled Fast-medium line and length stuff except Bumrah in his last 2 overs after he got Elgar.

Shami seemed to have recovered from his injury or whatever he had yday. He was consistently hitting 140 today and stuck to that channel line which got him 2 wickets. Definitely our best bowler in the match. 

Edited by rollingstoned
1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Indian pace attack scares me in nets – KL Rahul pays ultimate tribute to fast bowlers

"They don't look at us as teammates, keep us terrified" - KL Rahul on facing pacers in nets after 1st India vs South Africa Test

on the one hand, this is a testament to the brilliance of our attack. but, in my opinion, on the other hand, it's also a testament to the decline in our ability (especially Trimurti) to play fast bowling

4 hours ago, Vijy said:

on the one hand, this is a testament to the brilliance of our attack. but, in my opinion, on the other hand, it's also a testament to the decline in our ability (especially Trimurti) to play fast bowling

I am surprised trimurti managed to survive training. They must have asked them to not bowl bouncers haha.