Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

3 minutes ago, Vijy said:

mavi is not a spring chicken, but did quite well in VHT. rediscovered some of his old pace and was quite accurate + taking wkts

Yes. Lots of talent. Opportunity? Won't come. Our senior chewts will hog all formats. We should be allowed to loan them our to toygers and lanka etc Lel. For experience. 

Edited by Jay
45 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Much better team composition in the last 2 ODIs. 

2 Proper Fast Bowlers

1 Dashing opener

Rahul in the middle order

6 bowling options.

We have criticized the poor decisions.

Now it's time to praise the good decisions.

I still don't like Shardul in ODIs. Isn't a third seamer.

Edited by rkt.india
17 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

Rahul in MO is good because even though he has the ability, he has shown no drive to dominate as an opener. Hopeless and also tragic.

But completely disagree with Pant's promotion. He was nicely settling in the MO at 4/5 and the TM's search for a fiery opener has destabilized the batting order. I'll say this, I do NOT rate Mayank much as an India prospect but if I were to choose between him and Pant as opener, I'd pick Mayank.

If they are opening with Pant, they need to stick with him for 10 ODIs at least.

5 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

They will. And Pant has enough ability to succeed. Still, it would be a rank bad call.

This ODI team needs Pant and Kl being a force together in the middle. Like Yuvi and Dhoni were when India had their most dominating/successful ODI team.

A left/Right combo to absolutely seize control from the middle right to the finish.

If all three pant, Rahul, sky bat in middle order at 4, 5, 6, you won't be able to play a sixth bowling option in Pandya or an extra spin option.

53 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

Rahul in MO is good because even though he has the ability, he has shown no drive to dominate as an opener. Hopeless and also tragic.

But completely disagree with Pant's promotion. He was nicely settling in the MO at 4/5 and the TM's search for a fiery opener has destabilized the batting order. I'll say this, I do NOT rate Mayank much as an India prospect but if I were to choose between him and Pant as opener, I'd pick Mayank.

37 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

I still don't like Shardul in ODIs. Isn't a third seamer.

I was talking about a better team composition In the last 2 ODIs.

Do not necessarily agree with every personnel.

3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Fiery fast bowling by Prasidh in his first 3 overs 

2 wickets for just 2 runs from 3 overs.

Getting steep bounce at sharp pace. Making the batsmen hop and jump atleast 3 times every over.

Getting some seam movement too and saw 2 outswingers.

This guy has genuine wicket taking ability and steep bounce.

Prasidh is nowhere near Bhuvi

Edited by Suhaan
4 minutes ago, vijaydude said:

Great bowling but I don't know why he too has dropped his pace down to 132-135 with the odd 140 ks ball. 

Yeah ... Prasidh has bowled 135 k to 141 k today.  Not his full pace.

But really impressed with his steep bounce.

Interestingly, he is still looking quite quick visually and hurrying batsmen atleast 4 times every over.

Edited by express bowling
6 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Interestingly, he is still looking quite quick visually and hurrying batsmen atleast 4 times every over.

at this point he is better than bumrah tbh in odi.

tyagi and umraan to come through too

12 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Shorter length balls are usually clocked slower than fuller balls. He looked sharp to naked eyes.

11 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

Prasidh, Siraj and Bumrah. All three of them can be consistent wicket taking threat. No easy bowler batsmen can target without risking their wicket.. Add Axar and Sundar and suddenly India have an attack that is varied enough to succeed in all conditions.

No 6th bowler nonsense and the safety of imaginary cushion needed.

And groom Avesh, Kartik and Umran as backups alongside these three. Then there is Khaleel, Yash Dayal, Mavi as well.

2 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

Fair enough. But making Pant open is a terrible decision even in the limited context of last 2 ODIs. Because let's say Pant doesn't succeed in the next few matches as an opener, then what? Does he get dropped or does he go back to the middle order? What would shuffling him back to the middle order do with Pant's own mental frame just when he's begun to settle in that role? There's no consistency or though behind the decision to make Pant open and that's the point I am making here. They have not clarified why they made Pant open - did they think pant was failing in the middle order? If that's the case, then Pant would be rightfully dropped from the team if he fails as an opener?

I agree.

I have always thought that Pant has got good finishing skills.

And removing Rahul OR Pant from the middle order is not a good idea.

Get in a new dashing opener like Shaw or Kishan.