Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

25 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Unfortunately he has gotten some well deserved wickets (not cheap ones) and has bowled brilliantly. Excellent comeback. :hatsoff:

The Bangladesh test match batting lineup is like a stronger Ranji Team batting lineup with poorer red ball temperament.

Real test comes against the stronger test teams.

There was a phase where I was excited for Indian test cricket with Bumrah n Shami going full tilt in places like Australia. And Umesh with his 90 mph reverse swing on Indian tracks on days 4 and 5. Such drastic change these days. Gotta credit Kohli n Shastri for that (test cricket). I remember even in the IPL, Shastri was looking forward to seeing Umran in tests.

But now it’s the LOIs that I look forward to. Want to see a fit Bumrah and Umran bowling in tandem. Dravid n co r probably just looking for opportunities to drop young quicks.  So even that’s not a certainty.

Edited by MK55
10 hours ago, express bowling said:

Want Unadkat to bowl against the Aussie or English batsmen on flat tracks.

He will meet the Vinay Kumar fate then. 

My biggest gripe over the past year has been our inability to make any impact in the 4th innings of the 2 test matches in Saf which was a golden chance for us to win a series there which I blame the bowling for. Do you think Unadkut would have made a difference there with his bounce bowling? He got more bounce than Umesh and Siraj today.

8 hours ago, express bowling said:

The Bangladesh test match batting lineup is like a stronger Ranji Team batting lineup with poorer red ball temperament.

Real test comes against the stronger test teams.

An unadkat kind of left arm bowler but with pace of 135-144k. He has everything to be a good test bowler except pace. He gets very good bounce and is very accurate. 

2 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

Speedometer pe mohammad ali was clocking 149k ,give me a break.Check if the guy is looking quick .

That undakat wicket was high 130s range.Dont blindly follow speedometer.

Possibly but he never got clocked more than 137k on speedometer. That's the fastest i have seen him bowl in Ranji trophy. Every speedometer can't be wrong. That ball looked quick because of the steep bounce and inward seam movement of the pitch. Unadkat does at times get steep bounce.

10 hours ago, express bowling said:

Manjrekar, who calls Umran and Bumrah Seamers, and only Phoren Phaast bowlers as Fast, calling Unadkat a Fast bowler.  :phehe:

i would have loved to see Kuldeep Sen Or Umran getting a test cap today.  i agree Unadkat has experience but at this stage of his career ( he would be 34) , he would not be able to bowl 136+ on average and would not be international standard bowler.

even umran or kuldeep would have easily managed 2 wickets and Siraj was a shade unlucky and may be he had an off day , so he could not get bangla wickets.

2 hours ago, rollingstoned said:

My biggest gripe over the past year has been our inability to make any impact in the 4th innings of the 2 test matches in Saf which was a golden chance for us to win a series there which I blame the bowling for. Do you think Unadkut would have made a difference there with his bounce bowling? He got more bounce than Umesh and Siraj today.

We need Prasidh and Sen as bounce bowlers in tests.  And prepare Tyagi.

2 hours ago, MultiB48 said:

Speedometer pe mohammad ali was clocking 149k ,give me a break.Check if the guy is looking quick .

That undakat wicket was high 130s range.

Unadkat did not look quick.  And he looked rather slow after his first spell.

There was an area on the pitch from where the ball was kicking up, and tall pacers would get more kick than others.  Even Umesh was getting more bounce than he usually does. 

P S -- That 149 k by Ali was probably a speed gun error.  Whenever I saw him bowl, he was in the 130s and often low 130s. 

5 hours ago, rollingstoned said:

Sitaj got injured in the second test and we lacked just one tall bowler. Ishant would have made a difference. Should have selected prasidh. Also our batsmen were poor. Pitch dint have any demons. 

6 hours ago, express bowling said:

Unadkat did not look quick.  And he looked rather slow after his first spell.

There was an area on the pitch from where the ball was kicking up, and tall pacers would get more kick than others.  Even Umesh was getting more bounce than he usually does. 

P S -- That 149 k by Ali was probably a speed gun error.  Whenever I saw him bowl, he was in the 130s and often low 130s. 

Accept the fact that Unadakat is a trundle and can never be a Strike bowler like Shami,or Bumrah at their peak. 

But we also have to accept he is true servant of Indian cricket, even tough he had great IPL season in 2017 with Pune super gains, he kept toiling in domestic cricket year after year. 

Unlike bhuneshwar who gave first class cricket after one injury and is no longer playing Ranji cricket. 

Even Harshal, chahar and arshdeep are on the same path, not sure why they stopped playing first class cricket, these people should be brought to task. If they don't play Ranji trophy then they should not be allowed to play IPL

54 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

On the 1st day of test one Ali was bowling 140k consistently ,he bowled  quite a few balls around 145,146 but as he  struggled they had to bring down his pace,but even on day1 he looked the same pace as he did later on and I said that at the time .

Speedometers can't always be trusted, they often calibrate based on reputation.Ali is called dizzy in Pakistan, likening him to Gillespie and hence they were showing him 10k quicker and unadkat is the opposite, reputation is that he is slow ,so speedometer is calibrated accordingly.

Even when wood was bowling 150s in the tests to Babar ,he did look that quick in the air to me,even if a batsman smashes you at 150k ,the speed in the air is still there and it shows as well but it wasn't there.But they were showing 150k for wood on his reputation.

Agree with  your observation on Wood.  But Unadkar never looks quick to me, even disregarding Speed guns. Without steep bounce, he never hurries batsmen.