Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

Sran

132 k to 139 k in his first spell.

128 k to 136 k in his later spells.

Umesh

140 k to 142 k in his first soell.

135 k to 141 k in his later spells.

Umesh bowled a very good line and length today. Bowled some in-cutters in his first spell.  Looked good .

I think he bowled well within himself perhaps because he wanted to be very accurate.

Sran disappointed me in terms of pace. Rarely hurried the batsmen. I thought that he did not run in as fluently as the practice matches and maybe bowled a bit within himself.

He bowled with guile though, especially in the slog overs, with lots of variations and slower deliveries. He got 3 wickets but they were not bowler's wickets entirely and the batsmen got out after executing full fledged lofted shots in all 3 occasions.

His line and length was decent in most overs.

Yeah I feel Sran was bowling quicker in the practice matches. Maybe because this was his debut and he was just bowling within himself. I think he can increase his pace by a couple of yards in the coming matches.

Yeah I feel Sran was bowling quicker in the practice matches. Maybe because this was his debut and he was just bowling within himself. I think he can increase his pace by a couple of yards in the coming matches.

We have seen him bowl 135 k to 142 k spells and get more bounce in a Ranji match and an IPL match. 

Let's see if he can get up there in the next match.

Thought Sran gave a lot of width to right handers coz of the natural angle. Needs to focus a little more on line length... Pace 135 thereabouts sounds fine, though 140 will be awesome...

Looks like a promising lad

He can definitely ball 140 kph, he was bowling within himself.

Saran looked very confident...seeing him I was surprised as he was looking so confident. his confidence level was so high .. it seems this guy is too confident on his capabilities.

Saran bowled 133 to 139k most of the times and hence was not too fast.

his line n length was near to perfect and the way he got out his first 2 wickets were cool.

he looked cool but not as talented and pacy as ZAK or Nehra.

Nehra is much better than him as on today.

Saran looked very confident...seeing him I was surprised as he was looking so confident. his confidence level was so high .. it seems this guy is too confident on his capabilities.

Saran bowled 133 to 139k most of the times and hence was not too fast.

his line n length was near to perfect and the way he got out his first 2 wickets were cool.

he looked cool but not as talented and pacy as ZAK or Nehra.

Nehra is much better than him as on today.

Zaheer Khan in all honesty, was just a notch below a legend like Wasim Akram. Its obvious, such bowlers are rare. If he can replicate 75% of Zaheer Khan, that will be more than enough

Zaheer Khan in all honesty, was just a notch below a legend like Wasim Akram. Its obvious, such bowlers are rare. If he can replicate 75% of Zaheer Khan, that will be more than enough

Sran bowled slowly compared to what he can he is in the same pace bracket as Shami, also is taller n gets more bounce then Zak,He lacks stamina n fitness n runs out of gas quickly so , he should not play in test yet, focus on stamina n he has sufficient skills, according to me he is similar to Zak, but has a better easier action.If this Ikid can bowl 138 to 146 K n keep fit he will have better stats then Zak as Zak matured quite late, Aniket Choudhury should be looked at as a left arm test bowler as is fitter , can bowl longer spells, is taller, more experienced n can do better in test.

Suyal is slightly more experienced n faster also should be in the scheme for ODi, T20 also should move from Delhi, GG is wasting Delhi's best Bowler, n India material

there were some variations too bowled by saran....

a slow bouncer and a few balls way outside , he was using the cross angle advantage of a left hander to perfection.

I definitely see him playing for india in ODI's and T 20. he was much better then bhuvi yesterday.

but among our 3 pacers UMESH was the best , he was unlucky not o get bailey out earlier and hit him hard a couple of times.

Sran showed decent control. 

Was disappointed with the pace at which he was bowling. Was averaging around 135k in his first spell and then dropped down to lower 130s in his later spells. To me, he even seemed slower than BK. One thing that I've liked though is his aggressive attitude. Someone like Umesh needs to learn that.

Was expecting him to be much quicker with all the hoopla around him. I remember when Shami debuted against Australia in 2013, he was consistently in the lower 140s and beat the batsmen with his pace and seam movement. For some reason Sran's wickets in the last match dint create that feeling. 
Will be interesting to see how the batters go about against him in the next match now that they have got something to analyse. 

Would love to see a 5-match ODI series, where all 4 Suyal, Aniket, Shardul and Sran play all 5 matches. Would give us a reasonable comparison to watch them in the same matches together. But selectors need to try youngsters boldly to achieve this goal. Temporarily rest the senior bowlers for one series.

Edited by fineleg
Sran showed decent control. 

Was disappointed with the pace at which he was bowling. Was averaging around 135k in his first spell and then dropped down to lower 130s in his later spells. To me, he even seemed slower than BK. One thing that I've liked though is his aggressive attitude. Someone like Umesh needs to learn that.

Was expecting him to be much quicker with all the hoopla around him. I remember when Shami debuted against Australia in 2013, he was consistently in the lower 140s and beat the batsmen with his pace and seam movement. For some reason Sran's wickets in the last match dint create that feeling. 

Will be interesting to see how the batters go about against him in the next match now that they have got something to analyse. 

Shami didn't debut against Australia. Shami made his debut against Pak then he played against England. Then triseries in WI then a series in Zimbabwe. Then A tour to SA and then ODI against Aus.

Shami didn't debut against Australia. Shami made his debut against Pak then he played against England. Then triseries in WI then a series in Zimbabwe. Then A tour to SA and then ODI against Aus.

Yeah your'e right. I missed most of late 2012 - mid 2013 cricket. I vaguely remember him bowling as Shami Ahmed in the IPL. Dint recall him having already played some internationals before the AUS series. 

Yeah your'e right. I missed most of late 2012 - mid 2013 cricket. I vaguely remember him bowling as Shami Ahmed in the IPL. Dint recall him having already played some internationals before the AUS series. 

he was even dropped after WI tri-series and he looked overweight and bowled poorly in the tri-series. He made his come back in that Australia game after Ishant was dropped.

I guess sran is 6 3" and that will always help him

Srinath /Prasad /ishant being tall could easily generate bounce and with him being a left armer is going to further help him.

if he can improve his pace to 135 to 145k ..he will become a permanent pacer for India.

at times I found him loosing pace quick and that indicated that his stamina is a BIG question mark.

two bouncers that he bowled to bailey were very short balls in his 6th over and were utter rubbish - even a low end batsman wud have hit him for a 4.

so he needs to be faster and build up on his stamina too.

I guess I liked his confidence and his control.