Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

Speed ranges today

Umesh  136 k to 145 k

Ishant   136 k to 146 k  with  lots of 144 k to 146 k deliveries

Bhuvi    132 k to 139 k 

I was really impressed with the way Umesh and Ishant bowled in the last 8 overs. 

Lots of yorkers and attempted yorkers at pace, many many slower deliveries, good line and length, followed the batsmen when required.

Ishant bowled an average last over though but it was made to look worse than it was because of Maxwell's superlative hitting ability on a super patta pitch.

Edited by express bowling

Disappointed with Booby's bowling. Again went wicketless and was really expensive 8.6 RPO. He has totally lost it. Bowling back of length on a pitch that there was a bit of swing initially and was easily smashed around by the Aussie batsman. Atleast before he used to bowl accurately but now he can't even do that, forget about picking wickets, . He should not be a part on any Indian squad till he gets his basics right. He is really low on confidence too. He should go back to domestic cricket and practice. 

I saw a little of cricket and just noticed Ishant at 146, 145, 144. Didnt see Umesh bowl at 146. 

I have a feeling that Umesh isnt bowling fast and also not as deadly coz he has been instructed by Dhoni. His body language is also low. 

I saw Umesh bowl a 145 k and around 3 or 4  143 k.  Was bowling well within himself most of the day at around 137 k to 141 k.  

Ishant hit 146 k twice and some 144 and 145 k as well.

Edited by express bowling

Whenever I see Ishant or Umesh hitting 145ish, I dont see much of extra effort in them. Unlike the other Aussie or Paki bowlers. For Umesh especially, it is natural. But I bet Ishant can bowl at 145+ more often than he does. I dont know why they hold themselves back. 

You are right. These bowlers, especially  Umesh can hit 145 k effortlessly. 

Under Kohli, in the test series, Umesh did bowl a couple of 145 k to 150 k spells....and he is at his most dangerous then. I feel that these pacers are very " motivation dependant " . They bowl quick when they are getting wickets or are being encouraged to bowl flat out. That is a weakness in them but ...we have to accept their natures and encourage them, which is happening only under Kohli.

Aaron is similar too. Only Shami has some ability of self motivation.

Mark my words if these bowlers will play under Kohli for long-term n Dhobi is out, u will see a different bowling attack, A captain has to support bowlers n give them right field placing, a defensive field can destroy n attacking Bowler same way no slips n a leg slip for a swing Bowler is ridiculous also same thing with 7/2 fields, these guys have pace R fast, can move the ball, what they lack is support n captains mindset is the worst problem.

What about Dhoni now proclaiming u want fast bowlers or good bowlers n what n insult itis to Umesh, Aaron n other fast bowlers, how does BK , MOHIT compare lol, they R worse