Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

14 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Bumrah and Ishant should have bowled more bouncers.

Exactly  !

The Indian fast bowlers just decided that this pitch has no bounce and just tried to swing the ball.

Did not hit the deck hard and did not try to use either bounce or seam movement.

But such slow pitches can offer variable bounce when the deck is hit hard  ... and can produce wickets.

Edited by express bowling
11 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Exactly  !

The Indian fast bowlers just decided that this pitch has no bounce and just tried to swing the ball.

Did not hit the deck hard and did not try to use either bounce or seam movement.

But such slow pitches can offer variable bounce when the deck is hit hard  ... and can produce wickets.

That's what England tried with Stokes briefly.  Indian strategy with both pace & spin was bizzare. 

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Exactly  !

Beg to differ, Initially, the ball is harder and it can bounce. Joffra has natural pace and bounce. After the ball wears out, its going to be difficult for Joffra to be operating at the same pace. I might be wrong, but lets see. His pace will come down as the match progresses and if the wickets dont fall down. If wickets fall down, then you are just excited to keep on pushing the ball in.

When Ishant and Bumrah bowled, there wasnt much happening and there were just 2 quicks, 

Edited by Rightarmfast

i remember a match we played in Chennai, I played for my Chennai Company team against a Bank. it was a 20 over a side match.

I opened and made 43 runs and was run out. we lost 5 wickets and we had 3 runs outs. 

Bank chased the runs and won the game.

Point i want to make is we had three run outs and 2 catches when batsman tried to hit and mis hit. 

when we bowled it was so hot in June that our regular bowlers were not keen to bowl 4 overs too and we had to use 6th and 7th bowler who were dummies.

I remember fielding and drinking so much water when drinks were served as we were sweating a lot. in food we had a bread sandwich and only water, whole day we were on glucon d and I had a large Redbull at the start of the day.

i am shocked and surprised how can BCCI play an International Match in Chennai. The weather in chennai is so hot all the year that the earth is deprived of water and is not ideal for cricket.

India has so many good places like Mumbai, Pune Chandigarh even kolkatta which are a bit Green and should be preferred for International matches as environment and the Pitches are greener and can be converted into spinning tracks.

Now see India has lost the toss and England has made close to 600 runs...best that can happen is a DRAW now Or India Looses.

when one tried to play tricks , he is himself tricked. India possibly selected Chennai to create a SPINNING 22 yards.

i hope they create greener wicket in the next test matches.

21 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Beg to differ, Initially, the ball is harder and it can bounce. Joffra has natural pace and bounce. After the ball wears out, its going to be difficult for Joffra to be operating at the same pace. I might be wrong, but lets see. His pace will come down as the match progresses and if the wickets dont fall down. If wickets fall down, then you are just excited to keep on pushing the ball in.

When Ishant and Bumrah bowled, there wasnt much happening and there were just 2 quicks, 

I agree that Archer will bowl slower as he bowls more overs.

My point is about trying different things when a wicket is not falling. 

No harm in trying.  

If nothing else,  bouncers will push back the batsmen a bit and the follow up yorkers or stump directed balls can be more effective. 

9 minutes ago, the don said:

155 kph by shaheen afridi. 

Let me say it again. He is one of the fastest bowlers in the world now. 

a single delivery at 154 in an over where no other delivery crossed 144.

yeah thats a glitch sir.

If he bowls an entire over at148-155,You still cant claim that ,as there are already a few bowlers who can do that right now and no one is claiming they are the fastest.

Edited by RAZPOR
3 minutes ago, RAZPOR said:

yeah thats a glitch sir.

If he bowls an entire over at148-155.

You still cant claim that ,as there are already a few bowlers who can do that right now.

I said one of the fastest. Not The fastest. 

He has been clocking 148 plus often this year. 

He has been as quick as Nortje this series and both have been far quicker than Rabada. 

5 minutes ago, RAZPOR said:

yeah thats a glitch sir.

If he bowls an entire over at148-155,You still cant claim that ,as there are already a few bowlers who can do that right now and no one is claiming they are the fastest.

Lol speed guns are showing speeds of 2 to 4 balls per over .Besides  in previous over he bowled multiple balls over 145.  If you remember wc2015 wahab riaz bowled a 154.xx  out of no where.