Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Did I talk about express pace of 145 k+ ?

I said 140 k+.which is basically sharp.

These speed guns are not that precise.

A 138 k ball on a speed gun could well register 140 k or 141 k on the high speed cameras which give precise speed readings.

More than the exact speed gun readings, my point was about attacking the stumps at pace. Hurrying batsmen visually. And that is what happened in 4 of the 5 dismissals.

Well, the point is that those balls are not even 140+, and it is debatable if the speed gun is wrong. I have made my point based on what you said, If you choose to say you meant something else, then so be it. We are in sync then.

13 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Well, the point is that those balls are not even 140+, and it is debatable if the speed gun is wrong. I have made my point based on what you said, If you choose to say you meant something else, then so be it. We are in sync then.

My point was about attacking the stumps at sharp pace. This is the style used more often on sluggish and lowish pitches. 

As opposed to bowling channel balls and away going deliveries. This style is usually used on pitches with a bit of carry and zip. If this style is used on slow and low pitches then the edges may not carry. Less chance of hitting the splice of the bat too.

2 different styles of bowling.

I think you know what I was talking about.

Ishant bowling beautifully. This is high class bowling. Shaping the ball in, and then dodging the batsman with a straightish delivery to trap lbw. This is absolutely top notch bowling. 

Compare it with the mediocre Anderson who's been bowling with as much brain as a bird, in the same lengths and style one would do in England. Ishant is high class.