Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

1 minute ago, Rightarmfast said:

Shaheen Afridi reminding more and more of a young Wasim Akram. Beautiful run up and release, very relaxed and natural. But bowling just around 136-138. Needs to add that zip, needs to add another 5 k's

Shaheen usually bowls faster at death overs than opening spell

Rauf bowling nice. He is clocking 138, but it looks to me he is bowling heavy balls. Puts in a lot of effort in each of his delivery. 

Just watched Hasnain in his next over and watched his action closely. He is aligning his body really well. He is catapulting his hips and lats and shoulders and generating good pace. I am not convinced by his release though, but the kid has future. 

Pakistani bowling lacks the finishing touch that Indian bowlers have, but these Pakistani bowlers are definitely quick and if trained well, will do well.

17 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

I first watched Hasnain before WC when English big hitters destroyed him severely on those flat beds.  Literally everyone got spanked.  I think guy has come a long way off since then.  Genuine potential unlike Phaaast Naseem

He is a terrific prospect. Has all the bits, gets good bounce, can nip it away. Just isnt consistent so gets smacked once in a while

1 hour ago, Rightarmfast said:

Hasnain is fast  but doesnt seem to have any quality. Is not hurrying the batsmen and has a very lazy run up and a very insynchronous action, even at the release. As I write this, Hasnain takes a wicket at 136k's. 

Pakistani bowling attack is quick.  I give them that! 

Quick only in odi. In tests they lack stamina to sustain speeds for long periods. 

25 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Good speeds by Pakistanis. Rauf bowling around 143. Lookng like the old Pakistanis of the 90's.

Rauf is bowling pure thrash. One of the worst bowlers to play international cricket. This is exactly what I mean by worshipping speed guns blindly.  There is some amazing bowling today but lumping in Rauf, who is bowling thrash and taking pressure off,  just because of speed gun readings ,  is weird 

Edited by New guy