Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

14 hours ago, MultiB48 said:

It's hard to judge the bend of the knee for front on or even mid way bowlers ,look at your pic, although he is knee dominant but it's hard to notice the bend due to the angle of the foot.Mcgrath looked knee dominant to me.

Are there any front on knee dominant bowlers ,for comparison sake? 

Don't know any. Even side on hip dominant bowlers are rare. McGrath was hip dominant for sure. 

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

I was re-watching the 3 dismissal by our fast bowlers yesterday.

The batsmen were really hurried on all 3 occasions.

But speeds shown were 

Did not show

133 kph

133 kph

What crap speed reading is this !

Your point is right but Batsmen in England get hurried anywhere above 135. Reason is , they wait till ball is pitched. And you get better assistance to swing at slightly lower speed when ball has more time to travel in air. A optimization between speed and wind speed/moisture is must

Could you answer

@rkt.india

@Suhaan

Could you answer

@rkt.india

@Suhaan

Dominance is decided by bend of the knee, McGrath's knee doesn't bends like Knee dominants,he is hip dominant semi side on,his upper body is quite closed

Front on knee dominated looks funny to me, I have not noticed one meanwhile,even i was trying to put it on my action it isn't feasible,dont think any international cricketer ever had that sort of action

Edited by Suhaan
1 hour ago, express bowling said:

I was re-watching the 3 dismissal by our fast bowlers yesterday.

The batsmen were really hurried on all 3 occasions.

But speeds shown were 

Did not show

133 kph

133 kph

What crap speed reading is this !

As @MultiB48
said England bowlers will get taste of their own medicine when they play ashes later this year, Aussies will scale much lower speeds for their pacers:wp23:

32 minutes ago, mishra said:

Your point is right but Batsmen in England get hurried anywhere above 135. Reason is , they wait till ball is pitched. And you get better assistance to swing at slightly lower speed when ball has more time to travel in air. A optimization between speed and wind speed/moisture is must

That is often the case when a pacer is trying conventional swing.

But If you notice these deliveries, most were ones when the pacers have gone for bounce and seam movement. 

30 minutes ago, express bowling said:

That is often the case when a pacer is trying conventional swing.

But If you notice these deliveries, most were ones when the pacers have gone for bounce and seam movement. 

Sorry, I missed the seam bit as well. Its seam why the bats wait.

Absolutely agree, specially Haseeb had no time at all even against short ball, At that length and 133 pace, it would have been a hit me ball. That ball must have been around 145+-K. Dont know why English speed guns are tampered

7 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Kohli not starting with Bumrah today.

Tired of these moronic steps.

When Bhumrah came around, Malan was struggling. Yesterday I felt both Bhumrah and Umesh want to  bowl from same end. But Kohli just changed Umesh's end. That would have been reason to bowl Siraj one over

Edited by mishra