Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

56 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Umran dropped after just 3 bad overs.

He was impressive in the 1st ODI.

Fast bowlers are hated in India ,again repeating the same lines which I have been for last 3 years

All upcoming fastbowlers must try find some foreign citizenship and explore their cricket career there

This country won't change,it has opted for mediocrity and waiting for miracle

Edited by Suhaan

Was looking for that  Umran 156 kph delivery vs srilanka and found this:

English broadcast showed it at 145.7kmph. ESPNcricinfo doesn’t acknowledge the Hindi broadcast speed and the ball was registered at 145.7 kph.  

So what’s the offical quickest recorded ball in international cricket by an Indian bowler?  @singhvivek141

Edited by the don
49 minutes ago, the don said:

English broadcast showed it at 145.7kmph. ESPNcricinfo doesn’t acknowledge the Hindi broadcast speed and the ball was registered at 145.7 kph.  

So what’s the offical quickest recorded ball in international cricket by an Indian bowler?  @singhvivek141

Ofcourse you were. Our actual quick bowling talents are in other sports like javelin and shot put. 

Officially the quickest by an Indian I believe is 156 by umran. If its not that then umran did bowl 155. 

Unlike pom radar, India don't inflate speeds. We love trundlers. Why would we. Look at our current selections. 

51 minutes ago, the don said:

If you are talking about test cricket then I believe it'd 153 by j.bumrah. 

What is pak official speed for fastest in tests? In tests specifically i mean. 

Don't think we had any Indians bowling over 154 155 by umran in loi. 

50 minutes ago, wazza said:

Ofcourse you were. Our actual quick bowling talents are in other sports like javelin and shot put. 

Officially the quickest by an Indian I believe is 156 by umran. If its not that then umran did bowl 155. 

Unlike pom radar, India don't inflate speeds. We love trundlers. Why would we. Look at our current selections. 

50 minutes ago, wazza said:

That 156 was recorded at 145. Where is this 155k from? 

23 minutes ago, the don said:

Match against Sri Lanka

And no if a pom reports it then it must be incorrect. I would trust you the neighbour over a pom. 

It would definitely be 156. I don't see any issue with that. If not it's 155 vs Lanka

In odi or t20 game.

Also what is the fastest ball by a pak bowler in tests?

10 hours ago, express bowling said:

In his younger days, Mavi had the ability to get some balls to rear up nastily from just back of a length.  This ability seems totally gone.

He could bowl big inswingers too but not trying that either. 

He has realised that the current team management wants trundlers only.Rohit Sharma is not upto mark as a captain 

1 hour ago, the don said:

Yes that 156 kmph was contested due to different readings on Eng and Hindi broadcast.

https://skyblogs.in/fastest-ball-by-indian-in-international-cricket/#:~:text=The “Jammu Express” Umran Malik,the ball for two runs.

Umran clocked 156 km in the 1st ODI against Sri Lanka in Guwahati on 10th January 2023, a full-length delivery on the offside to Charith Asalanka who drove the ball for two runs. Just after 7 days of being the quickest bowler in Indian cricket history, Umran shattered his own record of bowling 155 km/hr, which he ticked in the 1st T20 against Sri Lanka on 3rd January 2023.

Those speeds reading on Broadcasts always seems to be confusing some v.quick specs are not recorded too high. and some v.ordinary are recorded v.fast.

Do not think there is anything like official recording.

More over if a fast medium bowler records high speeds then its is discarded as technical problem and if a genuine quick gets some high reading then its okay.