Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

4 hours ago, express bowling said:

Umesh Yadav top wickets compilation. Pace, bounce and movement continuously visible.

Thanks for the video bro. That ball to Guptill was the perfect outswinger. Pitching middle and then hitting the top of off stump. 

This video doesn't have the ball that Umesh bowled to Warner in some IPL match. That is my probably my favorite wicket of Umesh. That ball pitched on the leg stump and seamed away to hit the off stump. That was an unplayable delivery. Like a really fast off spinner lol. I will try and find that video. 

Watching Bumrah bowl quick in CT was one of the highlights for me. His yorkers and slower ones would become even more effective. Also with that kind of pace, he can get batsmen out by extra bounce when the odd ball kicks off.

Was consistently bowling 145+ in at least one spell of each match that he played. There has been a definite increase in pace this year and it started from the later part of this years's IPL.

7 hours ago, Vilander said:

oh needs some hunting dont think cricinfo would have speeds, may be some personal video collections..one never knows..

No, I don't think you will find it because I watched the match live and the commentators said that the certain delivery was at 150 kph. I don't think they were even showing the speeds.

But I remember very clearly hearing the commentator, David Gower it was I think.

I also remember very vividly hearing Graeme Pollock's astonishment when he read Javagal Srinath termed as ' Fast Medium'. His immediate response was - ' I have seen Srinath bowl and he certainly is much more than 'fast medium'. This was India's first match in 99WC against SA. And in the next match against England, David Gower commented about Prasad that Prasad was a great swing bowler who bowled at medium pace, unlike his bowling partner javagal Srinath who bowled at express pace.

10 hours ago, Shaz1 said:

Need for speed Sami!

Ok Shaz, when you posted, I really thought you were just joking about that 164kph and pulling legs of Indian bowlers, ie till I read your comments. I have this video many a times and everybody knows that this was speedgun error. I think even during the match the commentators clarified about it

Ok Shaz, when you posted, I really thought you were just joking about that 164kph and pulling legs of Indian bowlers, ie till I read your comments. I have this video many a times and everybody knows that this was speedgun error. I think even during the match the commentators clarified about it

Speed guns used in that 2004 Samsung series was flawed, I have seen balaji clocking 162kph in it , lol.

2 hours ago, MK55 said:

Watching Bumrah bowl quick in CT was one of the highlights for me. His yorkers and slower ones would become even more effective. Also with that kind of pace, he can get batsmen out by extra bounce when the odd ball kicks off.

Was consistently bowling 145+ in at least one spell of each match that he played. There has been a definite increase in pace this year and it started from the later part of this years's IPL.

What I really liked about Bumrah was that, he was still able to maintain his superb accuracy while bowling 144 k to 148 k spells with bounce.

This is not easy and this is one of the reasons why I want to see how he does in tests.

Pinpoint accuracy with high pace and bounce is a killer combo and very very rare.

1 hour ago, Rightarmfast said:

I also remember very vividly hearing Graeme Pollock's astonishment when he read Javagal Srinath termed as ' Fast Medium'. His immediate response was - ' I have seen Srinath bowl and he certainly is much more than 'fast medium'. This was India's first match in 99WC against SA. And in the next match against England, David Gower commented about Prasad that Prasad was a great swing bowler who bowled at medium pace, unlike his bowling partner javagal Srinath who bowled at express pace.

Sadly, apart from Aaron, all our other fast bowlers who clocked 150+,  Srinath, Umesh, Shami and Ishant..... are still termned " fast-medium" by espncricinfo, cricbuzz and most broadcasters.

Bumrah, bowling upto  148 k,  is termed as " medium "  by  espncricinfo and cricbuzz.

Pacers of no other country are treated this way.

Edited by express bowling
25 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Sadly, apart from Aaron, all our other fast bowlers who clocked 150+,  Srinath, Umesh, Shami and Ishant..... are still termned " fast-medium" by espncricinfo, cricbuzz and most broadcasters.

Bumrah, bowling upto  148 k,  is termed as " medium "  by  espncricinfo and cricbuzz.

Pacers of no other country are treated this way.

Its really baffling! For other countries, even the medium pacers are termed 'fast' which is sort of laughable!