Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

4 hours ago, Adamant said:

The problem with our bowlers is that they are short and need to bowl at gull throttle to obtain pace and zip, while the tall genetically gifted English bowlers stroll in and bowl 135 getting bounce (bcoz of their height) and obtaining seam movement. 

Still we are giving them a neck to neck competition in their own condition, hats off. 

1)   Can't say that the English bowlers are more genetically gifted to be pace bowlers. Only thing they have is height.

An average pacer from India nowadays is much quicker than an English pacer ... better at sustaining intensity and pace after bowling 20 overs a day ... as accurate ... much better at reversing the ball ... bowl better yorkers on an average ...  and have as good or better bouncers.

I don't see any of our quicks bowling at full pace in this series but still they are hurrying the English batters regularly.

I think we are more genetically gifted to be fast bowlers compared to England while the English are more genetically gifted to be medium-fast bounce bowlers ... but they don't have any true bounce bowler who can trouble the batsmen with bounce on Asian pitches. 

2)   We Have quite a few tall and bouncy pacers coming up the ranks and I think it is prudent that we pick them when we play outside Asia.

Edited by express bowling
5 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Siraj is carrying a niggle from the 3rd test onwards.

Ishant is carrying multiple niggles and injuries for the last 2 years.

But somehow this TM keep ignoring this.

Blame should go to the individuals. They need to inform management about any niggle.

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

and u want umesh over shardul for the job of applying pressure :laugh:

let me get this ur fighting with me for not pref umesh and the job in ur mind was keeping the pressure- the guy u had in ur mind is a leak machine

Read the full para, don't quote half of my statement. 

Umesh can keep up the intensity for 20 overs, he is a bull. 

Shardul is a cow, he should only bowl in short bursts. Short, burly and injury prone. 

3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

3 pacers ... Ishant, Shardul and Siraj are looking unfit.

There is no point in playing unfit pacers.

Prasidh for me next,if Shami,Ishant,Siraj all are unfit

Play Ashwin

Why they play 5 match series ,it gets too long

4 match is enough,it is hard for visiting teams

Then these guys will play ipl next

Injury scare looms large before wt20

Edited by Suhaan
6 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Prasidh for me next,if Shami,Ishant,Siraj all are unfit

Play Ashwin

My choice for this test was

Bumrah

Shami

Prasidh

Shardul 

Ashwin

My choice for the 5th test

Bumrah

Shami / Umesh ( Only if Shami is unfit )

Prasidh ... we need his bounce

Ashwin

Jadeja / Shardul ( Only if fully fit )

(  As much as I like 4 pacers in SENA, no point in playing unfit ones or having a poor batsman at 8. )

Edited by express bowling
49 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Speed ranges that I have seen in the 4thTest 1st innings  ....

Bumrah.   133 k to 145 k

Umesh.     130 k to 142 k

Siraj.          127 k to 138 k

Shardul.    127 k to 136 k

Both Siraj and Shardul are really struggling to reach their normal speeds.

siraj is bowling at anderson-like speeds. when I saw andie-boy, he bowled quite a few deliveries at 135 kmph, albeit at the beginning. for a 39 yr old, he sure is remarkable... one must give credit where it's due.

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Speed ranges that I have seen in the 4thTest 1st innings  ....

Bumrah.   133 k to 145 k

Umesh.     130 k to 142 k

Siraj.          127 k to 138 k

Shardul.    127 k to 136 k

Both Siraj and Shardul are really struggling to reach their normal speeds.

it is quite sad. no proper load management, just a blind adherence to "template" (i.e., ishant). by now, if Ind selectors and TM had foresight, the likes of Avesh, Prasidh, Saini should have already been playing tests for a few yrs against minnows like Bang, WI, SL, etc. that way, they would all be match ready. of the trio I named, I feel some of them have a higher potential ceiling than the current bunch, who are already very good (shami, bumrah, siraj, ishant, umesh).

Just now, Suhaan said:

Anderson was a 135- 140+ bowler when he started, could operate to mid 140s too

Have seen him bowl 145 few times

I was referring to now though. in his first spell, there were several balls at 133-137, some of which went for boundaries. I was commenting on how it's very impressive for a 39 yr old to maintain that.

1 minute ago, Vijy said:

I was referring to now though. in his first spell, there were several balls at 133-137, some of which went for boundaries. I was commenting on how it's very impressive for a 39 yr old to maintain that.

Yes,very impressive,that is why i was saying he won't retire anytime soon,he is eyeing another 70-80 wickets(very optimistic target though),given his fitness and workload,he may just get there

4 minutes ago, Vijy said:

Siraj should have been rested if he looked exhausted last test,very important to rotate your main bowlers

Had we lead 2-1 i would have pondered to rest Bumrah as well of them all,maybe next