Tendulkar autobiography

Lord

Can someone tell me what "coaching" did Buchanan provide to Warne? to McGrath? to Hayden? to Ponting? Can someone tell me what coaching could be provided to Tendulkar, the most experienced cricketer in history? :hysterical: Jeez, some people just need to come out of silly football mindset. Cricket is infinitely more nuanced and requiring mental approach than football. Besides it is too complex and diversified that there CANNOT be a long term "one size fits all" approach to it.

No need I know what I posted and I did read your posts before I replied Pls read our converation again if your not sure. I do need learn from you on how to deviate conversation :giggle:
LOL! Your signature just sums up your personality:
"When you want something really bad, crying for it isn't going to work nearly as good as complaining!"
:haha:
Okay. I see that you want to take it ahead with the "why was Mr X preferred over Mr Y" debate. I do not want to get into individual selection matters made on xx/xx/xxxx date when circumstances were not the same as they are today.
Saar, why are you forgetting your own posts this fast? You posted the following
Chappell it seems (at least from reading news reports) wanted to instill merit-based selection instead of seniority determining selection. I do feel that our current selection policy gives too much emphasis on seniority and not enough on merit. You may or may not agree with that.
Now I asked you to justify how Chappell's was a "put merit above seniority" approach and to support my argument gave example of Laxman and yuvraj. Now you say I am comparing X and Y. Indeed I am, because I am establishing that his was "Youngsters over seniors at any cost - because I can easily control the youngsters" policy. He tried to camouflage that by saying he was trying to get rid of "seniority culture" which really didn't exist and tried to do even via nefarious means to achieve his goals. What a despicable person Chappell is. And it is doubly funny when you are saying "I do not want to get into individual selection matters made on xx/xx/xxxx date when circumstances were not the same as they are today.", yet when it comes to your purposes you conveniently state how Rahane and Rohit were sitting in the benches in the 2011 etc etc blah blah.
I have already explained my views to you on the role I feel a coach should play. I understand that you have a different perception. I can explain to you that the role I see a coach play has also been successful, but I see it as a futile attempt and a waste of time. You can keep your views and I will keep mine. You can post 1001 articles to support your views and I can post as many and neither will change their views. So, as I said earlier, I respect your views and expect that you would respect that I have a view that is different from yours.
Fair enough. I understand that you have no real examples to quote from cricket to support your view, whereas I have plenty.

To all Chappell lovers, kindly list down "examples" of measures adopted by Chappell to improve Indian cricket during his tenure. eg - I am listing down what all he did to "destroy" Indian cricket:

• Tried to hatch a conspiracy with Tendulkar to get Dravid removed from the team captaincy
  • Promised Tendulkar captaincy in return and told him together they could control Indian cricket
  • Selected Yuvraj Singh over Laxman in tests and attributed this to "merit"
  • The whole handling of Ganguly - including deliberate leaking of mail sent to BCCI

To all Chappell lovers, kindly list down "examples" of measures adopted by Chappell to improve Indian cricket during his tenure. eg - I am listing down what all he did to "destroy" Indian cricket:
  • Tried to hatch a conspiracy with Tendulkar to get Dravid removed from the team captaincy
  • Promised Tendulkar captaincy in return and told him together they could control Indian cricket
  • Selected Yuvraj Singh over Laxman in tests and attributed this to "merit"
  • The whole handling of Ganguly - including deliberate leaking of mail sent to BCCI

Also leaked his disagreements with Sehwag to media to make him look a arrogant and destroying his confidence and nearly career in the process But apparently Chappell saved his career
Also leaked his disagreements with Sehwag to media to make him look a arrogant and destroying his confidence and nearly career in the process But apparently Chappell saved his career
Sehwag was at peak of his form when Chappell took over. Averaging above 55 and when Chappell exited, was averaging under 50. Some saving indeed!

Greg Chappell hits back at Sachin Tendulkar, says claims made in autobiography are untrue Zee Media Bureau New Delhi: Former India coach Greg Chappell hit back at Sachin Tendulkar on Tuesday stating that the claims made by the latter in his autobiography is untrue. Tendulkar had accused Greg Chappell of being a "ringmaster" who imposed his ideas on players. Greg Chappell on Tuesday said that he never wanted to replace Dravid with Tendulkar as Indian captain. He claims that Sachin's claims are untrue.In his autobiography 'Playing it My Way', to be released worldwide on November 6, Tendulkar had lashed out at the former Australian cricketer describing him as a "ringmaster who imposed his ideas on the players without showing any signs of being concerned about whether they felt comfortable or not". The batting maestro also disclosed that Chappell had made a "shocking" suggestion to him to take over India's captaincy from Rahul Dravid months before the 2007 World Cup in West Indies. But Chappell said he was stunned by the claims. "Whilst I don't propose to get into a war of words, I can state quite clearly that during my time as Indian coach I never contemplated Sachin replacing Rahul Dravid as captain," Chappell said in a statement. "I was therefore very surprised to read the claims made in the book. "During those years, I only ever visited Sachin's home once, and that was with our physio and assistant coach during Sachin's rehabilitation from injury, at least 12 months earlier than what was reported in the book," he said. Chappell said he enjoyed a pleasant afternoon at Tendulkar's home and the captaincy issue never came up for discussion. "We enjoyed a pleasant afternoon together but the subject of captaincy was never raised," Chappell added. In the book Tendulkar wrote that Chappell told him that together they could "control Indian cricket for years". Elaborating on the coach's bid to replace Dravid, Tendulkar writes, "Just months before the World Cup, Chappell had come to see me at home and, to my dismay, suggested that I should take over the captaincy from Rahul Dravid. "Anjali (Tendulkar's wife), who was sitting with me was equally shocked to hear him say that 'together, we could control Indian cricket for year', and that he would help me in taking over the reins of the side. "I was surprised to hear the coach not showing the slightest amount of respect for the captain, with cricket's biggest tournament just months away", Tendulkar writes. He says that he had rejected Chappell's proposition outright. "He stayed for a couple of hours, trying to convince me before finally leaving" Chappell was appointed coach of the Indian national cricket team for a two-year term until the World Cup 2007. The Australian was also involved in a serious rift with former India skipper Sourav Ganguly. http://zeenews.india.com/sports/cricket/greg-chappell-hits-back-at-sachin-tendulkar-says-claims-made-in-autobiography-are-untrue_1493695.html

I'd be a touch disappointed if Tendulkar didn't touch upon the matchfixing scandal of 2000s. He pretty much knew about this' date= and in fact there are strong rumours which suggested that the desert storm knocks were in retaliation to fix by some of the senior guys. Not sure how much truth in that.
That might be too controversial for now. May be in the next book.
I want him to talk about match fixing saga in early 2000s. Greg Chappel's tenure wasn't that bad. He was just a misfit to Indian culture.
++1 , and I want him to talk about his reasoning why Indian team was unable to handle pressure situations even with so many experienced players.