Kohli at 4 for WC?

bowl_out

Rahane is suitable at opening slot only.He is not worth at no.4.His failure in nz and sa tour clearly shows that.Rohit is suitable for no.4. Dhawan don't know should play or not.He is playing as if he is granted in team.If India can put Dhawan aside rohit should open.We are not feeling no.fourth's importance since 2011 wc bcoz of kohli's one handed heroics since then.we gonna miss yuvi badly at no.4 in wc.

Kohli said, he might not keep batting at four once India's middle order was back to full strength - they were without their premier finisher, MS Dhoni, in this series. "As long as we are strengthened in the middle order, I don't see any reason to keep batting at four," he said. "I have scored most of my centuries and won most of the games for the team at No. 3. "As long as I can play in the same way I did today batting at three as well, I don't mind batting at either position because I am comfortable at both. Whatever my gut-feel tells me and what the team requires off me will decide my batting position. But I am sort of learning to bat at other positions as well."

Yeah. That is what I said... The top 4 will be : 1) Rahane, Dhawan, Kohli, Rohit (OR) 2) Rohit, Dhawan, Rahane, Kohli (assuming Rayudu is benched and Yuvi is not in the squad) Given that Kohli says he is flexible with his batting position, they need to try both combinations before the WC

Yeah' date=' like Dravid. :beach:[/quote'] oh no best batsmen in odis currently and in tests best batsman at 4 :finger: Dravid was a POS in ODIs and so effing overrated in tests. a few fifites against mediocre windies team and the losers on ICF think he's ATG :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Never understood the logic of our best batsman needs to be no.3. Its a fact Kohli is not very comfortable against swing and you need technically correct batsman like Rahane at 1st down. Ofcourse, if the openers give a good start then Kohli can shift positions. Virat is our best ODI bat and no.4 will suit him. Ball will get old. Its the perfect time for him to come and capitalise. Atleast in overseas I want to see Kohli batting at no.4 for India. Yes he has a fantastic record at no.3 but he avg. even more at no. 4. Its not about the position, its about his class.

Never understood the logic of our best batsman needs to be no.3. Its a fact Kohli is not very comfortable against swing and you need technically correct batsman like Rahane at 1st down. Ofcourse' date=' if the openers give a good start then Kohli can shift positions. Virat is our best ODI bat and no.4 will suit him. Ball will get old. Its the perfect time for him to come and capitalise. Atleast in overseas I want to see Kohli batting at no.4 for India. Yes he has a fantastic record at no.3 but he avg. even more at no. 4. Its not about the position, its about his class.[/quote'] Rahane to open with Kohli at 3. Kohli may not be good vs swing but others are even poorer.Also you want him to play more balls as he'll make it count.Guys like Rayudu will tuk tuk and get out increasing the required run rate
Rahane to open with Kohli at 3. Kohli may not be good vs swing but others are even poorer.Also you want him to play more balls as he'll make it count.Guys like Rayudu will tuk tuk and get out increasing the required run rate
If the ball is genuinely swinging,no one will be able to up the run-rate,they will infact get out 9/10 times. Also we are not playing a test match in English conditions that playing swing becomes the be all end all argument. New ball swings in any condition,infact swings more in India and SL Traditionally India's weakness is not swing,it is pace and bounce. But apart from that I agree with you Kohli should be our No3