Breaking : Phil Hughes passes away .. Sad day for Cricket

zep1706

Man just got up late' date=' this is so sad. Worst possible news, how could this happen i was hoping he will recover....[/quote'] Unfortunately all of us were thinking the news could be better. However, the reality is he was for better word 'dead' at impact. It completely split the main artery, and no one and no medicine can recover from that. It is a major miracle they kept him alive for 48 hours or so. Rest in Peace Phil, you won't be forgotten. :hatsoff:
It was the league he was playing in which is more then justified to abandon it. The test is a week away' date=' which imo should be enough to gather the thoughts, collect themselves and be ready for the test.[/quote'] Depends when the funeral is. The funeral won't be till at the earliest Monday, if not Tuesday as his family is in rural NSW so they have to be given time to get here. 3 days won't be enough. The 'whispers' are that the match MAY start on the Sunday, there will definately be a 2-3 day delay at the least. I'm leaning towards just making it a 3 match series starting in Adelaide. Whatever CA decide I'll be happy with. I doubt they will make a decision until after the funeral as then they will know what the players are feeling/whether they are mentally up to playing. No point making a decision right now.
^^^:((Such a sweet guy.
I'm sure I'm not the only one but I enjoy quality fast bowling. Fiery fast bowling with aggressive bouncers but this is such a freak accident that I don't know how it will impact bowlers like Johnson now. :(( This is when you sit back and realize that cricket at the end of the day is just a bloody game. This will surely have a huge psychological impact on everyone.
I'm sure I'm not the only one but I enjoy quality fast bowling. Fiery fast bowling with aggressive bouncers but this is such a freak accident that I don't know how it will impact bowlers like Johnson now. :(( This is when you sit back and realize that cricket at the end of the day is just a bloody game. This will surely have a huge psychological impact on everyone.
True.