Gunmen attack French magazine Charlie Hebdo - kill 10

diga

Maybe your understanding of "irony" is ironical here. Right to offend and offended is fundamental right of civilised society. Pls note key word is civilised.
Are you implying that Indian society is not civilised given that we have blasphemy laws?

french are totally incompetent .. once me and my manager swapped our tickets by mistake at CDG airport by mistake .. no one noticed at security gate and boarding but security guys pretended that they were looking at our passport and tickets.. and my manager is a muslim and his name sounds unmistakably islamic :cantstop:
Spot on. They are lazy, eating baguette, smoking all day SOBs. I bet their so called "intelligence" had no input about these attacks either. Just going thru life like it is renaissance everyday.

Bhai - I will read about Wahabism,etc as you recommended...but my point is slightly different If I am a nation with little people from ROP ( as a %) and I know that more people from ROP MAY cause problems because of what I have already seen ( I don't want to make any sweeping statements but if I know that out of 100 people that I take into my country, one will kill 10 of my people ), then the odds are very very bad...Politics and ideology will come when your nation itself is safe... If mentioning people is offensive, let me put it differently...lets assume you have choice of importing 1000 litres of some liquid that will give some energy to your people...If you know that 1 of out of those 100 * 10 litre drums will kill 100 of your people and you don't/can't know which is the 1 drum, won't you stop the whole shipment? This 1 drum out of 100 is an example...it can be 1 out of 50, 200 or 1000...point is that you know that drums will have this killer nature....
sunni Shiya Wahabi,takferi,salaffi Ahamedia,Sufi lots of opportunities... This whole extremist islamic revolution is basically Arab Sunni attempt to dominate and subjugate the Shiya contiguous region which stretched from Iran to Lebanon, thanks to US destroying Saddam. Now the Arabs had to arm the radicals to take out the shiya domnation on their own legit sunni regions of Iraq and Syria..and these terrorist spates are the aftermath. West should just leave the region, Let Russia China handle it. All this crap pushes the world into brink of WW3

french are totally incompetent .. once me and my manager swapped our tickets by mistake at CDG airport by mistake .. no one noticed at security gate and boarding but security guys pretended that they were looking at our passport and tickets.. and my manager is a muslim and his name sounds unmistakably islamic :cantstop:
you were heading out..

Spot on. They are lazy' date=' eating baguette, smoking all day SOBs. I bet their so called "intelligence" had no input about these attacks either. Just going thru life like it is renaissance everyday.[/quote'] beg to differ.. have seen hardworking people in the chip design groups. Eccentric but some of them really slog ps: Have been in France and may be the locals have this lethargic attitude

Spot on. They are lazy' date=' eating baguette, smoking all day SOBs. I bet their so called "intelligence" had no input about these attacks either. Just going thru life like it is renaissance everyday.[/quote'] This is too big of an generalization. Many of them are intelligent, hard working people.

irony that we indians here preach freedom of speech/opinion esp about religion ' date=' but behave like a spoil kid when their idol ( read it as sachin :D ) is criticized/scrutinized ..[/quote'] There would be no such thing known as debating if everything was to be bracketed under freedom of speech. For example, I could say that Pakistan is the best football team in the world. Now if you condemn me for that it doesn't mean that you are against freedom of speech. So I don't know why there are double standards when it comes to religion.

There would be no such thing known as debating if everything was to be bracketed under freedom of speech. For example, I could say that Pakistan is the best football team in the world. Now if you condemn me for that it doesn't mean that you are against freedom of speech. So I don't know why there are double standards when it comes to religion.
And that's why you have freedom to laugh at absurd things :giggle:

I hope French government amends its immigration laws to not let potential terrorists in. They sure know the broad group of terrorists. So they should ban them and even kick out whoever is already in. My sympathies are with peace loving French citizens. They wanted to do good but you should know who to let in or not.

There is a distinction between challenging archaic ideals of a religion like Sati in hinduism or lack of women's rights in Islam and outright denigrating the religion by drawing offending pictures of the prophets or the gods. Ofc for the champions of free speech they are all one and the same and they could care less. Their sole purpose is to have fun at other people's expense.

There is a distinction between challenging archaic ideals of a religion like Sati in hinduism or lack of women's rights in Islam and outright denigrating the religion by drawing offending pictures of the prophets or the gods. Ofc for the champions of free speech they are all one and the same and they could care less. Their sole purpose is to have fun at other people's expense.
+1 My point as well. These low life "freedom of speech" preachers have nothing great to offer to the community. I mean honestly, even my dog wont bother to look at the art of these idiots. They have nothing to believe in, they got no art in them. What do you expect? That's the only way they gonna get some fame. Art is something where someone really elevates the imagination to produce joy. Be it music, or the paintings. Still the other side should not go to violence. These type people should be beaten up in their own game. Make them laughing stock.

MARSEILLE: Hooded gunmen armed with Kalashnikov rifles fired on police in the French city of Marseille, where Prime Minister Manuel Valls was paying a visit on Monday, a police source said.
Elite police troops were being sent to the scene, in the northern suburbs of the Mediterranean port city, after the shots, the source said by telephone.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/europe/Hooded-gunmen-fire-on-French-police-in-Marseille/articleshow/46174693.cms :nervous::nervous:

+1 My point as well. These low life "freedom of speech" preachers have nothing great to offer to the community. I mean honestly, even my dog wont bother to look at the art of these idiots. They have nothing to believe in, they got no art in them. What do you expect? That's the only way they gonna get some fame. Art is something where someone really elevates the imagination to produce joy. Be it music, or the paintings. Still the other side should not go to violence. These type people should be beaten up in their own game. Make them laughing stock.
That's the whole F'in point of the whole debate.

Actually, it is the proof of a changing culture and their move into more openness when they start mocking religions openly Religion are indeed silly superstitions to many. And in western culture religion can be mocked. It has nothing to do with taking a stance. It is more to do with making fun of something people take too seriously
You have no idea what you are even talking about Every one has some pain points who decides what should be made fun of? I am pretty sure you yourself laugh at things some westerners would find insulting. Who decides? Should they ban everything you laugh at because you are from a different culture? The very idea that you have no clue why defending freedom of speech in ALL things is important and then rant about those who do, shows a lot And of course Indians have no clue about satire, their comedy is limited to Kapil Sharma and dressing up as women Indians are among the most racist and discriminatory people in the world. We make jokes on a person's skin color, we make fun of gays, we make fun of transgenders, we make fun of cross dressers, we make fun of dwarfs. These are marginalized people who cannot defend themselves. However if someone makes fun of Gods or Prophets who don't need defending or religion which has billions of followers, suddenly that is a problem. Almost like people have lost all humanity and only believe in the strength of numbers.