Indian Media

randomGuy

What is nationalist feeling. Someone should ask this retard. isnt that the feeling which keeps Shami bowl delivery after delivery at his best. I am sure Shami is playing with some injury too.
These sickulars are probably ruining that Shami is part of the team else they could have very easily called an Indian victory as only Hindu male players victory.

I've been here a little while and other places a bit longer but I still cant grasp how effed up your system of secularism is. What you guys call secularism isnt secularism at all, thats the French or UK model, you guys have what I'd call an ultra ultra politically correct system which panders to every right wing nutjob with a mouth. Its kinda screwed up tbh. Its better than a theocracy for sure but I cant help but feel its giving actual secularism a bad rap when its clear to me that its the way forward for every advanced nation. I mean I read somewhere (not sure if its true) that some people are against the execution of the guy sentenced two days back because as a Muslim his execution will upset Muslims? Is this actually true? I really hope not because thats just madness if true, With this kinda system rather than actual secularism you'll just end up with several radical movements being protected by the state or media as they can just cry whenever they're challenged, to the extent where you could have a scenario where criticism is banned as its "upsetting a minority" or some other garbage. Difference between upholding a neutral balance and bowing down to every group (Sorry for random post)

I've been here a little while and other places a bit longer but I still cant grasp how effed up your system of secularism is. What you guys call secularism isnt secularism at all, thats the French or UK model, you guys have what I'd call an ultra ultra politically correct system which panders to every right wing nutjob with a mouth. Its kinda screwed up tbh. Its better than a theocracy for sure but I cant help but feel its giving actual secularism a bad rap when its clear to me that its the way forward for every advanced nation. I mean I read somewhere (not sure if its true) that some people are against the execution of the guy sentenced two days back because as a Muslim his execution will upset Muslims? Is this actually true? I really hope not because thats just madness if true, With this kinda system rather than actual secularism you'll just end up with several radical movements being protected by the state or media as they can just cry whenever they're challenged, to the extent where you could have a scenario where criticism is banned as its "upsetting a minority" or some other garbage. Difference between upholding a neutral balance and bowing down to every group (Sorry for random post)
India is not truly "secular" in the real sense of the word. I.e. Separation of "State" from the "Church" or any other religious organization. Yet the preamble of India's Constitution claims that it is indeed "secular". We have separate civil laws for different religions. E.g. Muslims are permitted to indulge in polygamy, while it is an offense for all other religions. And here's the biggest irony of them all: when you talk about implementing a Uniform Civil Code (same civil law for all religions) the self proclaimed "secular" folks vehemently oppose any such moves. That is what "secular" Indians think secularism means. Let everybody have their own civil laws based on the religion they practice. And if anybody even remotely mentions about having common civil laws, they are termed as "communal".

It's difficult to have a secular state which allows religions to have their own, prominent identity. One has to question whether states have a right to take religion away from it's subjects. Many times areas of jurisdiction between religion and state overlap and that leads to conflicts. For example if a temple or mosque has to be removed for laying down of a road. State would say remove place of worship as that is most cost-effective while religion would say find an alternative. People are subjected to governance by both religion and state and at times they are not aligned. Multi-plularity of India poses these challenges more to the secularity of India more than any other country. People and system are seen to be taking sides based on religion and this has not been only in the cases of minority. In the case which you are talking about some fringe elements are the one who is raising their voices. There has been a terror accussed by name of Sadhvi who has been denied bail by courts multiple times because of her involvement in multiple cases of bombing and murders. But no less a person than the tallest leader of main opposition party had spoken in favour of her just because she happened to be from a hindu organization. So these are the challenges that we face.

It's difficult to have a secular state which allows religions to have their own, prominent identity. One has to question whether states have a right to take religion away from it's subjects. Many times areas of jurisdiction between religion and state overlap and that leads to conflicts. For example if a temple or mosque has to be removed for laying down of a road. State would say remove place of worship as that is most cost-effective while religion would say find an alternative. People are subjected to governance by both religion and state and at times they are not aligned. Multi-plularity of India poses these challenges more to the secularity of India more than any other country. People and system are seen to be taking sides based on religion and this has not been only in the cases of minority. In the case which you are talking about some fringe elements are the one who is raising their voices. There has been a terror accussed by name of Sadhvi who has been denied bail by courts multiple times because of her involvement in multiple cases of bombing and murders. But no less a person than the tallest leader of main opposition party had spoken in favour of her just because she happened to be from a hindu organization. So these are the challenges that we face.
Quite clearly, like as is the case in the developed world, religion must realize it is it which has to give way. Modi demolished many temples in Gujarat as part of his zeal to modernise the road infrastructure. A nation that aspires to progress cannot chain itself because of some 'beliefs'. Religion, like sex, should be a strictly personal thing, not something to be shoved down the throat of people around. And definitely the younger generation is realizing this.

What is nationalist feeling. Someone should ask this retard. isnt that the feeling which keeps Shami bowl delivery after delivery at his best. I am sure Shami is playing with some injury too.
These sickulars are probably ruining that Shami is part of the team else they could have very easily called an Indian victory as only Hindu male players victory.
Shami is still recovering from injury. How true was my assessment at the time. :sad:

On 2017-6-2 at 8:17 PM, diga said:

NDTV profit closes due to losses ........

On 2017-6-3 at 0:23 PM, Texan said:

How ironic

news channels are not making that much money ..

Media firm TV18 Broadcast has reported consolidated net profit at Rs 8.4 crore in the quarter ended March 2017 against Rs 82.8 crore in same quarter last fiscal.

sun tv q4 - 235 crore pft

zee entertainment - 1500 crore pft

Edited by velu

I used to think that people were unfairly hard on Barkha Dutt for her political views which is predominantly left wing, but after watching this video all the stuff said about her seems to be justified. She's a messed up woman.

They are claiming that "just 46 crore loan" from ICICI bank is why government is targeting them, Conveniently hiding the fact that they are two more cases one involving Rs 2030 Crore FEMA and other around 525 crore revenue loss to exchequer.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/EDs-Rs-2030-crore-notice-to-NDTV-for-Fema-breach/articleshow/49877029.cms

http://www.moneylife.in/article/delhi-hc-vacates-itat-stay-on-rs525-crore-penalty-on-ndtv/49995.html