IPL 2015 Rajasthan Royals Support Official Thread.

Sir john

Shame that we played our worst game in the final but overall a good year and one we can build on in 2016. Obvious we need at least 1 if not 2 better bowlers, we can't chase 180+ all the time and expect to win. Don't feel our batting is that bad, but it would help if Samson was in form.

It's not been a good year, it has been a lucky year. RR didn't deserve to be the playoffs. And I am a RR fan. I predicted it at the start. RR will always lose at chasing any decent scores , and yesterday was no different. Yesterday's match, I would not blame the bowling. The bowlers had a plan and executed it generally well, we were doing well in the first part of RCB innings. The planning was good but it was lack of bowling skills which cost RR ultimately. None of their bowlers are good death bowlers.

Now about the next edition, I feel RR needs 1) Indian spinner of international experience at reasonable price (eg. Ojha) or a good young spinner (eg. Chahal). So they need to scout well all over India. 2) A Indian opener at reasonable price who can take on the fast bowlers. With Rahane as another opener, need someone who can go after the bowlers from Ball 1. A Patriv Patel type player could be good enough. I don't think Watson is good enough as a opener. They had the best combination of foreign players. A batsman, batting all-rounder, bowling all-rounder, bowler. But each of those 4 foreigners had a very inconsistent tournament which affected RR very negatively. The only genuine positive from this year is RR got a better captain. That's about it this year for RR.

Now about the next edition, I feel RR needs 1) Indian spinner of international experience at reasonable price (eg. Ojha) or a good young spinner (eg. Chahal). So they need to scout well all over India. 2) A Indian opener at reasonable price who can take on the fast bowlers. With Rahane as another opener, need someone who can go after the bowlers from Ball 1. A Patriv Patel type player could be good enough. I don't think Watson is good enough as a opener. They had the best combination of foreign players. A batsman, batting all-rounder, bowling all-rounder, bowler. But each of those 4 foreigners had a very inconsistent tournament which affected RR very negatively. The only genuine positive from this year is RR got a better captain. That's about it this year for RR.
+1