Speed and performance of medium pacers, trundlers and fast bowlers in Ipl

vishalvirsingh

An off day for Bumrah. Kept missing the yorkers. Even his full deliveries dint have any venom. Also, pace has been down for a while now possibly due to fatigue. Might not even have clocked 140 which is like a minimum these days.

Also, currently he's a bit one dimensional. I've never seen him bowl a good bouncer. Needs to develop that as well in order to make his full length deliveries more effective.  

MI vs  GL league match

Speed ranges of most deliveries ( excluding slower balls )

Bumrah    129  k  to 138 k   (  This is the slowest I have seen him bowl after he got his national cap  )

Pandya   127 k to 139  k

Bumrah bowled decently in his first 2 overs.  A sizzling bouncer that got Bravo, who fell down while trying to fend it off , was his best delivery today.  His last over was not good.  One of the rare days when he could not land a single yorker.

Pandya was average today. He bowled just one or two rising short deliveries  today which is almost his stock delivery.

5 hours ago, express bowling said:

Bumrah bowled decently in his first 2 overs.  A sizzling bouncer that got Bravo, who fell down while trying to fend it off , was his best delivery today. 

That was a good delivery and was well directed but it was more like a slow ball bouncer bowled at around 129k.  Not saying that it was deliberate change of pace.  Bravo is poor against the short ball and exaggerrated it.  I dont recall Bumrah bowling that many good fast bouncers that can disturb a lower order batter.  He'll need it on surfaces that dont hold up.

5 hours ago, MK55 said:

That was a good delivery and was well directed but it was more like a slow ball bouncer bowled at around 129k.  Not saying that it was deliberate change of pace.  Bravo is poor against the short ball and exaggerrated it.  I dont recall Bumrah bowling that many good fast bouncers that can disturb a lower order batter.  He'll need it on surfaces that dont hold up.

It was not a slower bouncer, it hurried Bravo.   Bumrah was bowling quite a few 129 k to 132 k deliveries yesterday.

Bumrah has a good bouncer. I have seen him use it in domestic cricket.

But....I agree with you....Bumrah needs to use  the fast bouncer far more frequently in international cricket.

15 hours ago, MK55 said:

An off day for Bumrah. Kept missing the yorkers. Even his full deliveries dint have any venom. Also, pace has been down for a while now possibly due to fatigue. Might not even have clocked 140 which is like a minimum these days.

Also, currently he's a bit one dimensional. I've never seen him bowl a good bouncer. Needs to develop that as well in order to make his full length deliveries more effective.  

Dew bhai dew. No one can land yorkers all the time with dew. Same was the case in wt20 final.

3 hours ago, express bowling said:

It was not a slower bouncer, it hurried Bravo.   Bumrah was bowling quite a few 129 k to 132 k deliveries yesterday.

Bumrah has a good bouncer. I have seen him use it in domestic cricket.

But....I agree with you....Bumrah needs to use  the fast bouncer far more frequently in international cricket.

Bumrah bounced out Aussie batsmen in Aus on a patta at alan border stadium.

38 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Dew bhai dew. No one can land yorkers all the time with dew. Same was the case in wt20 final.

Yes dew would have been a factor. But then if as a bowler you know that its affecting your execution, you shouldn't hesitate to try out a different plan rather than keep bowling full tosses or half volleys at 130 odd. Even a full toss if its bowled at pace and mixed up with the other deliveries could have done the trick against someone like Kulkarni. 

19 minutes ago, MK55 said:

Yes dew would have been a factor. But then if as a bowler you know that its affecting your execution, you shouldn't hesitate to try out a different plan rather than keep bowling full tosses or half volleys at 130 odd. Even a full toss if its bowled at pace and mixed up with the other deliveries could have done the trick against someone like Kulkarni. 

Kulkarni can bat.

RPS  vs.  K11P

Ishant    133  k  to 146 k   (  lots of deliveries between 142 k and 146 k  )

Ishant was average today. Got some inswing at high pace, bowled lots of slower deliveries ...his first 2 overs were decent but he got hit in his third over.  

RCB   vs.  DD

Shami     135  k  to 147  k   (  lots of deliveries between 140 k and 147 k  )

Very impressed with the way Shami has bowled after such a long injury-layoff.  His first over was understandably a tad rusty...but after that...he bowled intelligently with good bouncers and slower deliveries. Bowled a good line and length and got some seam movement. His pace was right up there.   2 for 34 in Chinnaswamy is very good.

Very happy to see him return and bowl both well as well as quick.

Edited by express bowling

17 hours ago, express bowling said:

RCB   vs.  DD

Shami     135  k  to 147  k   (  lots of deliveries between 140 k and 147 k  )

Very impressed with the way Shami has bowled after such a long injury-layoff.  His first over was understandably a tad rusty...but after that...he bowled intelligently with good bouncers and slower deliveries. Bowled a good line and length and got some seam movement. His pace was right up there.   2 for 34 in Chinnaswamy is very good.

Very happy to see him return and bowl both well as well as quick.

Shami has worked hard on his fitness looks like not only injury related but overall strength n conditioning looks like, with Shami our bowling attack will have more bite, Shami, Bumrah, will make good combo in shorter version n in test Shami, Ishant, Umesh, Aaron will be good options, also Pandya to me is impressive, we need to be patient, hope selectors finally develop some strategies n pick up Aniket C n Suyal n groom Avesh, Khalil, R Shukla also, to Ms Sarfaraz is the best talent I have ever seen personally, n will serve India for long

19 hours ago, MechEng said:

Ishant is regularly touching 90 mph, I'm so pleased with his work ethic. He is able to maintain his pace even longer than Srinath. 

Pace is gud, he is running in well . Good signs for test

but in short formats till the time has yorkers, slower balls, variations and bowls diff length he wud be carted around

Needs to work on this things.