In Shreyas Iyer India have the next Rohit Sharma

velu

Yes, probably you are the only one who knows about crickey and pitches. So please enlighten. I never played cricket so pardon my ignorance. Haven't touched a season ball in life. I seek advise from gully cricketers.

Yeah, you need to, that's why you were ranting about strike rate of 125 in the previous game where score of 140 was defended.  I don't care what level cricket you have played. Even if you had played international cricket that alone does not make you superior in knowledge.  Playing cricket and analyzing cricket are two different things and even lot of international cricketers struggle at analyzing.  

Like when MI and DD lost, everyone was like they should win it.  Things do not work like that. If your team has dismissed opposition at 140, it means something, it does say something about the conditions and the pitch and in those conditions even the opposite team can dismiss you cheaply if they have half decent bowlers.  As soon Rahul got out, I knew KXIP were in trouble against SRH chasing 132 and it was not going to be easy and was proved right.  

Iyer is someone who changes his playing style / batting technique quite a bit from time to time.

He is at his worst when he moves to the leg side to tackle pacers, especially against short stuff. Saw him doing this against Unadkat in a Ranji match.  But, he does not do this always. On the SA A tour, he was a using the back and across trigger movement and playing genuine pacers quote well, even when short stuff was dished out.   Scored 146 in the final match.

Then, he was playing LOIs and resorted to the moving-away-on-the legside again. Did badly whenever he tried this.

In the innings yesterday, Iyer was moving deep into his crease against the quick bowlers ... and not moving away.  Played an amazing knock.

He should stop fiddling with his technique and play normally.

Indian pitches, pressure are different for both players batsman n bowler in ipl as compare to international cricket. As in steyn words- IPl is a paid vacation and as we saw with rabadda last yr he wasnt putting in same effort 

Lets say my opinion is subjective, cnt point out but dnt think this guy will do well against international pacers specially under international cricket pressure. 

Not only short stuff , a bit of movement and he is a prime candidate for LBW and even wud struggle outside off

Yes. Most of his shots were like exposing stumps and hitting through the length balls. Once in a while he can have days like this. But consistently at the top level. I doubt it. 

Don't be literal man :) 150k many have bowled to him and he has smashed them for 6. He is a better player of short ball than Iyer whose first instinct is to back way and thrash the bowler rather than getting in line. Both are suspect against movement. That is another story. 

I would say he has been india's best puller against short stuff in the last 2-3 years in shorter versions - T20 & 50 overs .