In Shreyas Iyer India have the next Rohit Sharma

velu

The world has changed for the Mumbai-born youngster Shreyas Iyer after a brilliant domestic season culminated with an IPL contract with Delhi Daredevils, and he has already had his day under the sun by earning comparison with Rohit Sharma. The domestic leagues should be taken seriously and Shreyas is a great example of what long yards in the first-class arena can do to a cricketer as 20-year-old earned a contract of 2.6 crore with Delhi and is expected to be one of the uncapped players to watch out for. iyer_facebook.jpg
another nohit :mad: http://ibnlive.in.com/news/cricketnext/in-shreyas-iyer-india-have-the-next-rohit-sharma-ta-sekar/538620-78.html

I agree with ForeverIndian. Doesn't seem naturally good. Anyone can hit a sixes and make up their SR in IPL but if you don't look good even in IPL, its not a good sign. Early days for Iyer but as of now, he has looked nothing special to me. Guys like Mayank Agarwal have something about them but temperament is a huge problem for them.

I agree with ForeverIndian. Doesn't seem naturally good. Anyone can hit a sixes and make up their SR in IPL but if you don't look good even in IPL, its not a good sign. Early days for Iyer but as of now, he has looked nothing special to me. Guys like Mayank Agarwal have something about them but temperament is a huge problem for them.
Iyer is a 20 year old rookie. Aggarwal playing IPL for last 4-5 years. Cant compare the two. Also, Iyer has already done better than Aggarwal in FC.